Jagex and the Clan World

Ralph

Well spanning the last few years in the good game of Runescape, Jagex has really been screwing over the clan world as we have known it to be. I have a few simple questions for CDers to answer, and hopefully shed some light on how Jagex can truely help rebuild the clan world from the dump it's becoming.

Please refrain from posting things such as "bring back old wildy" or other things that we know will not happen. Try to make your answer semi-reasonable.

[b][color="#FF00FF"]What specifically can Jagex do that will help the clan world flourish?[/color][/b]
[b][color="#FF00FF"]How can Jagex help advertise the clan world, to help raise awareness to new players about the clan world?[/color][/b]
[b][color="#FF00FF"]What events (other than an annual tournament) can/should Jagex host that will help the clan world realise that they care?[/color][/b]

I have lived my life to the best of my ability, but I have not been able to escape fate, anger, or pain.

Bring me the answers, and the road that leads to truth, reveal to me once and for all, how all of this will end.

Shadows cannot exist without the light. But without the shadows, the light has no meaning.

O dear..

What specifically can Jagex do that will help the clan world flourish?

Listen to clans off RS Forums. Add more Pvp worlds. DESTROY the purple portal. Make it like a mini game with rewards that make it either profitable or break even kind of deal for the winners.

How can Jagex help advertise the clan world, to help raise awareness to new players about the clan world?

They're trying to advertise but I think the main problem is that they are distributing clan advertising fairly, so skilling clans / monster hunting clans etc will get in there. In todays day of scape people wouldn't want to loose sets and pvp they'd rather make money.

What events (other than an annual tournament) can/should Jagex host that will help the clan world realise that they care?

National RIP CWA Portal for a month or something. But in all seriousness nothing really. Updates are far more important to us than them doing events.

6590ew.jpg

I always see clanners asking for "More pvp" worlds, but why?

Jagex wants pvp concentrated so you can't sneak off to a quiet area and transfer wealth (all be it a bit by luck) AND when sorting the world list by players(lowest first) even during peak play times pretty much all the BH and pvp worlds are right at the top of the list as nowhere near full.

Equally I don't think Jagex has any responsibility to the clan world at all, they've never really "supported" clans as in helping them out for all these years so far. In recent years we've had some add in the tools and the clan chats etc. But still a clan is about getting together a group of people and doing things you enjoy in-game together. Not falling into a preset form dictated by the game creators supplying loads of help to you.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Jagex wants pvp concentrated so you can't sneak off to a quiet area and transfer wealth (all be it a bit by luck) AND when sorting the world list by players(lowest first) even during peak play times pretty much all the BH and pvp worlds are right at the top of the list as nowhere near full.

We want more worlds because it would bring out more clans into the wild. Now there's 5 f2p bh/pvp (not counting different language worlds) worlds and 7 p2p bh/pvp worlds. Well p2p is pretty much dead for clans because there is no one ever out except cc teams. In f2p sure its more active for clans then p2p but there is only 5 worlds. So that means that if there is 2 fights you only have 3 worlds to pk on unless its low level wild. If your in a small clan trying to pk or something, your going to get hunted by a bigger clan and not get many kills because you don't have enough people. Would there be less worlds more smaller clans wouldn't get hunted as easily as it is now and hopefully find someone around they're strength to fight.

There is more than one contributing factor about not having bh/pvp worlds not even close to being full. Well f2p pking is barely profitable compared to today's RS economy that its really not worth doing. "OMG I got a 200k kill." "Oh thats nothing I could make that within 20 minutes of skilling." During peak times either clans have already set up a fight or the have a pk trip to find a fight. So theres never going to be more than 3 clans on the same world.

We want more worlds because it would bring out more clans into the wild. Now there's 5 f2p bh/pvp (not counting different language worlds) worlds and 7 p2p bh/pvp worlds. Well p2p is pretty much dead for clans because there is no one ever out except cc teams. In f2p sure its more active for clans then p2p but there is only 5 worlds. So that means that if there is 2 fights you only have 3 worlds to pk on unless its low level wild. If your in a small clan trying to pk or something, your going to get hunted by a bigger clan and not get many kills because you don't have enough people. Would there be less worlds more smaller clans wouldn't get hunted as easily as it is now and hopefully find someone around they're strength to fight.

There is more than one contributing factor about not having bh/pvp worlds not even close to being full. Well f2p pking is barely profitable compared to today's RS economy that its really not worth doing. "OMG I got a 200k kill." "Oh thats nothing I could make that within 20 minutes of skilling." During peak times either clans have already set up a fight or the have a pk trip to find a fight. So theres never going to be more than 3 clans on the same world.

The issue is not worlds, it is lack of honour/respect.

The huge clans always moan there's no "challenge" left, yet they always mass pile and sometimes lure tiny clans.

If they didn't mass pile groups that blatantly cannot challenge them or pose a threat to them then more people would stick to pking allowing more big clans to pose a real challenge to them, but also allowing more smaller clans to remain and actually have fun pking instead of bailing out.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

A lot more attention on clans, I remember a topic before I made about CWA and if Jagex implemented some of the ideas in it a large majority of the respondents would have been happy(ier).

More events with the clan world, a month? That's nothing, at least have one clan related event per month at minimum.

Any sort of competitive games that could involve clans, they could even go Trawler. Basically, anything that brings attention to clans and involves Jagex staff at the events/involved.

Though it would help if the clan world would not shoot itself in the foot but that's a whole different matter.

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

Firstly, bring back the old wildy and get rid of CWA :P

Now:

Open more worlds to PVP. Put a Wilderness map (Gdz to Spiders) in CWA, also have the ability to take away the kill count until the fight ends, showing it once the timer is up/kill count is reached. It would be much more exciting.

How can Jagex help advertise the clan world, to help raise awareness to new players about the clan world?

Work in partnership with Zybez and Tip.It, advertise the clan section, post videos of clan fights in a link on the main page, link to fan sites that they're partnered with in the same topic.

What events (other than an annual tournament) can/should Jagex host that will help the clan world realise that they care?

None really, we don't need them to host events for us, we can sort out ourselves, however, they need to look at suggestions that are wanted, like the maps in CWA, and implement them.

mod1jv7.jpg

The issue is not worlds, it is lack of honour/respect.

The huge clans always moan there's no "challenge" left, yet they always mass pile and sometimes lure tiny clans.

If they didn't mass pile groups that blatantly cannot challenge them or pose a threat to them then more people would stick to pking allowing more big clans to pose a real challenge to them, but also allowing more smaller clans to remain and actually have fun pking instead of bailing out.

Isn't that the point of clans? To become one unit and beat the opponent. And its not that bigger clans "mass pile" smaller clans, its the fact that barely any clans ever pk so they don't even have the opportunity to do that. There are only a few clans that go out more than 3 times a week.

Yes but where is the fun in being in a clan with like 50+ ops out on 1 trip and mass piling a clan with like 5 - 10 ops?

It's pointless as it takes no skill as the smaller clan has no chance, if bigger clans pile smaller clans. Smaller clans get bored and give up; thus meaning the bigger clans have shot themselves in the foot by driving people away from pking as if you are not with them you just lose out.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Yes but where is the fun in being in a clan with like 50+ ops out on 1 trip and mass piling a clan with like 5 - 10 ops?

It's pointless as it takes no skill as the smaller clan has no chance, if bigger clans pile smaller clans. Smaller clans get bored and give up; thus meaning the bigger clans have shot themselves in the foot by driving people away from pking as if you are not with them you just lose out.

Yeah, but if the smaller clan chooses to pk they should know that there is always a chance to run into a clan with multiple amount of people. Yet they pk to find someone with around the same amount of opts as them to have a good time.

And to answer the question, the fun is when you get a kill and seeing that rune on the ground.

Yeah, but if the smaller clan chooses to pk they should know that there is always a chance to run into a clan with multiple amount of people. Yet they pk to find someone with around the same amount of opts as them to have a good time.

And to answer the question, the fun is when you get a kill and seeing that rune on the ground.

The issue is it is less a chance than it is a guaranteed occurrence.

And it still stands that these big clans moan there is no challenge and everyone runes etc. but what more can you expect when you pile people who clearly have like 1/5 the ops you do?

You're still shooting yourself in the foot.

Big clans jump small clans but find it un-challenging and annoying when people run and tele out.

Small clans get jumped and always lose out so give up on pking altogether.

No-one wins, the big clans didn't get their fun and stamped out another group that could of grown and proved a real challenge. The small clans dont get their fun as they just get piled by large clans that they pose no threat or challenge to and thus lose money and give up on pking as a clan as it doesn't get them anywhere.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

The issue is it is less a chance than it is a guaranteed occurrence.

And it still stands that these big clans moan there is no challenge and everyone runes etc. but what more can you expect when you pile people who clearly have like 1/5 the ops you do?

You're still shooting yourself in the foot.

Big clans jump small clans but find it un-challenging and annoying when people run and tele out.

Small clans get jumped and always lose out so give up on pking altogether.

No-one wins, the big clans didn't get their fun and stamped out another group that could of grown and proved a real challenge. The small clans dont get their fun as they just get piled by large clans that they pose no threat or challenge to and thus lose money and give up on pking as a clan as it doesn't get them anywhere.

Its just a lose-lose situation I guess. But if you do run into that clan that does have the same opts it can be really entertaining. Sure it might be a rare occasion but when it does happen it really is fun.

Which is why these big clans need to learn some logic and honour and NOT pile tiny clans that clearly have no chance and use discretion to pick out targets that atleast stand a fighting chance to do some damage or even win.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Which is why these big clans need to learn some logic and honour and NOT pile tiny clans that clearly have no chance and use discretion to pick out targets that atleast stand a fighting chance to do some damage or even win.

Well when there isn't anyone out, you'll take all the kills you can get. And that really doesn't have anything to do with honor.

Well when there isn't anyone out, you'll take all the kills you can get. And that really doesn't have anything to do with honor.

But they pile small clans even when bigger clans are out. And the whole reason "no-one" is out half the time is because they are out piling everyone who stands no chance.

They are the route of their own problem, and last time I checked it isnt considered honourable (by old skool players atleast dunno bout these new yahoos) to pile a clan that clearly has no hope in hell of posing a threat to ya.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

But they pile small clans even when bigger clans are out. And the whole reason "no-one" is out half the time is because they are out piling everyone who stands no chance.

They are the route of their own problem, and last time I checked it isnt considered honourable (by old skool players atleast dunno bout these new yahoos) to pile a clan that clearly has no hope in hell of posing a threat to ya.

Well when you pk you want to run into a clan with smaller numbers or similar number and try to kill them to get some loot. It might be a reason why some clans don't come out but thats the way it is.

It has really always been considered honorable if two clans that are pking meet each other in the wild one kills the other no matter what the numbers.

Well when you pk you want to run into a clan with smaller numbers or similar number and try to kill them to get some loot. It might be a reason why some clans don't come out but thats the way it is.

It has really always been considered honorable if two clans that are pking meet each other in the wild one kills the other no matter what the numbers.

Similar numbers yes or a a bit smaller if you're going for an easy target.

50 - 100 ops jumping 5 - 10 op clans however is ridiculous.

That kind of thing used to be a rarity, but these days the bigger clans are all to happy to do it which is what is mucking up alot of clan pking as it drives small clans out of pking and leaves no challenge for bigger clans.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I don't see how hitting a smaller clan on a pk trip is not honorable, as long as they aren't on a planned war. The problem is everything is planned wars now no one pks. If you pk enjoy acing or bh hugging. With limited worlds it makes it easy for nh clans to crash, If they implemented like 100 worlds and everyone had pm off it'd be more of a pain to crash.

I think most cwa clans worry about crashing and loosing too much rune. If they eliminate crashing planned wars I think they'd consider doing more pvp now and then.

6590ew.jpg

Close the gap between fansites and Runescape so we can actually get new blood into the ranks.

Well I think they took a great step in the right direction. Mod Timbo and the rest of the Clan-oriented Jmods have been doing blogs on the clan world that get great exposure on the front page. Not to mention the clan celebration month (though I have seperate gripes with that event.) But the fact that clans can't recruit ingame, there's no rs hosted memberlist system, they can't maintain effective chat systems thanks to no shared ban list, etc there's not a lot they can do.

We can't integrate with them because our key items (TS, IRC, private forums) are against the rules. They don't have to integrate with us. They can on some levels, but it would require a lot of changes on Jagex's part. It's not something that would happen immediately. But if they did plan these updates, I wish they would say so. Because we're all flying blind.

Well they have been hosting events, but they're so big and overcrowded that it's hard to feel any 'intimate connection'. Not to mention the events they've been hosting seem geared for lower leveled combat clans. The big event that they use to reach out to the stronger and more established clans is the Cup. And lets be honest, it's the only thing we really care about.

I doubt anyone's gonna go to a Jagex hosted trawler trip or something.

hzvjpwS.gif

What specifically can Jagex do that will help the clan world flourish? having a registered wildy clan warring rule. Creat new rules and bounds for PVP clan fights.

How can Jagex help advertise the clan world, to help raise awareness to new players about the clan world? Have more clan's related updates.

What events (other than an annual tournament) can/should Jagex host that will help the clan world realise that they care? Special Clanning points, public borads of wins and loses, Having Jagax judging staffs for all clan wars.

Sigma NU

MOST Anticipated but still underrated

Silent Ember