Hegemony

archimage_a

Landmine =/= Huge bombs under a city

For one, getting the bombs in the city.... Everyone will see it, if you tunnel it under, they will hear it... It's been decades anyway, and Doom was only in control of Japan for like a year or two.

I'm sorry but it's just impossible, the only reaon I think the Britain one worked was cause Britain was under control by Sere for ages, and his citzens knew about the bombs, his citzens move out, don't tell anyone, French citzens move in, don't know about bombs.

Do you get my point?

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, it's the most realistic out of the two, but realism doesn't matter in this game.

Unless she can't confirm it, I guess it'll happen.

Though I don't mind Britain being regenerated if that's possible, but I still like that the internet is down.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Why would French citizens move to Britain? makes no sense!

also: nobody is stupid enough to believe the government is installing bombs big enough to blow up their city under the ground beneath them for their protection

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!

I didn't participate in any troop offensive, and was never mentioned in the post.

I explained extensively to archi about how measures would be taken to ensure they remain hidden, and wouldn't be noticed. I controlled Japan for the better part of a decade, I believe. And it wasn't just half of japan, it was japan other than the small southernmost island.

The way the game works is that if you are worried there might be bombs, you send a pm to archi saying "I search for bombs using X method".

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Hmm, well it will only take around 500 Billion from my IAG and Infra, as Britain exploded and that had more IAG than Japan.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Japan had around 1.8t. Britain had 0. All of it was transferred to Aus etc. Otherwise you lose the almost 2 trillion sere gave to you/

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

No Doom...

Britain had the same IAG it had when Sere left it, Grim gave him Australia for Britain but Britain didn't just suddenly lose all of its IAG.

Basically, Britain still had the same IAG it had when Grim had it, but he only lost 500 IAG. So if it all works out I should lose that amonut too, not a sudden 1.8 trillion. If so then why didn't Grim lose that? Britain had an IAG of 1.8. Also Britain has more cities I think, and your only destroying the main island.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

No Doom...

Britain had the same IAG it had when Sere left it, Grim gave him Australia for Britain but Britain didn't just suddenly lose all of its IAG.

Basically, Britain still had the same IAG it had when Grim had it, but he only lost 500 IAG. So if it all works out I should lose that amonut too, not a sudden 1.8 trillion. If so then why didn't Grim lose that? Britain had an IAG of 1.8.

Ok, so here's what happened.

First, Sere gained all of the Kirby's lands, and transferred the IAG to Britain, meaning there was no IAG generated from those territories (Indonesia, Aus, NZ etc.), then gave them all to Grim. Next, Sere traded the British Isles for all that land again, meaning that unless he transferred the IAG, Sere had 0 IAG. Then, he gave that all to you.

So either your gain no monetary bonuses due to sere joining your league or whatever, and Grim gains 1.3 trillion, or Grim loses nothing. Did sere ever mention transferring the IAG back to the Aus territories?

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

I dont think it works like that.

I think this happened, Kirby gave all IAG and land to Sere.

Sere kept all IAG, but gave all of Kirby's land to Grim, and he gained nothing.

Sere gave Britain to Grim, and he gave him Kirby's land again, then I got Kirby's land and Sere's IAG.

Britain exploded, destroying some of Grim's newly gained cities, meaning some of his IAG has to be removed.

So I'ma check how many cities I'll be losing.

EDIT:

I'll lose 4 cities, as you explode the main island of Japan.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Grim's IAG isn't magically redistributed to the new cities. If it is, then I could just give you all of my african territories, blow them up immediately, and your IAG is gone.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Plus, Japan had an IAG of 1.8t. and like 5 cities, so figure out how losing 4 cities would affect that.

EDIT: Just looked, it had 7 cities, and I blew up 5 (north island too), so you lose 1.3 trillion.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Icu here is what happened; Sere got all of kirby's land and essentially gave it to me but kept the IAG. He then traded the land for the UK but kept that IAG as well. Where in that do I gain any IAG from the territory (the IAG was transfered to sere automatically) so in essence you should be loosing IAG from that attack as you kept the IAG from that area.

LNYvk.png

Sighhh.... If Britain kept its IAG, then Grim you lose 1.8 trillion.... As it didn't, some of your IAG was transferred there, obviously 500 billion.

As I have a lot of cities, my IAG is spread out, and so losing 5 cities wont do much. I'll go and calculte my cities.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

It works both ways you know...

anyway I have 114 cities, including Iran and Japan which I both own.

I said I think anyway, so I think IAG is spread over all of your cities, thats what I remember anyway, let Archi decide, but I am faily certain that me losing 1.8 trillion is impossible, due to you not destroying all of Japan, and Japan not being all of Mathers IAG.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

He owned part of southeastern asia, which was worth maybe 200b. Wealth is distributed based on where it came from, unless you tell Archi you transfer it.. So, for example, someone losing the 4 cities in Zimbabwe would be less harmful than losing 4 cities in France.

If Grim got all the IAG, he gains nothing, because he gained 1.8t and lost 1.8t, if we go by that system. Or, he gained 1.8t and lost .5t

Also, the reason why I'm saying you lose 1.3t is because Japan's majority of wealth was in 7 cities, of which I destroyed 5. So, 5/7 of it's wealth is what you would lose, logically.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

I admit, logically yes, but logically Grim would of lost 1.8... Cause Britain is worth 1.8 trillion.

Also I always thought land worth was only for trading, and not for conquering. Anyway, lets wait for Archi... He'll know.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

No, grim would have had a net loss of 0. If he gained 1.8t from the land, he would also lose 1.8t, and nothing more. You however, would lose a significant amount of money due to losing Japan, or most of it.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Icu I was gaining a net of 0 from the land. Sere was however gaining 1,8 trillion from it. Ergo when sere blew up the land you should take a net loss of 1.8 trillion while I take a net loss of 0.

LNYvk.png

To be fair, I did state the project in which the bombs were planted on the thread (although I didn't mention the bombs, for obvious reasons). I even PMed Archi about it. So unless you did that, you can't just magically blow up Japan out of spite. :roll:

And to be blatantly honest, if you want to continue this argument, please do so in the Hegemony argument thread.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I have a suggestion for the next time we do a normal hegemony (modern times)

First, we each start with 40 years (200b worth) of free research into any fields that we want, so we all start out having our own specialization. The 40 years could all go into one topic, or 10 yrs into 4 different, or any combination possible. Archi arbitrarily decides how many years into each research level, as usual.

Second, we overhaul IAG a bit, change it to IEG, Infrastructure, Economy, Gross.

You would increase Economy in a similar way to Infrastructure, by investing into exports, or controlling trade routes which I'll talk about soon. It would be slower to increase than infrastructure, but would provide larger gains. It would also be easier to disrupt. Some ways to that would be to: Embargo a country (but if you embargo a country your own economy drops slightly), disrupt trade routes, or damage infrastructure (at a ratio of .5-> 1 loss of infra, so if you lost 5 infra, you'd lose 2.5 econ)

Ok, so trade routes would be 5 or so control points through the oceans, and major canals. At the start of the game, everyone can access them and their economy will slowly rise because of that. However, if you move a certain number of boats/troops/other to a control point, you can decide who is allowed to use that trade route, and once you ban someone from it, their economy will take a hit, and lose any gains it would get from being able to use that point.

And Economy and Infra both increase IAG separately.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

I agree with Doom, that system is pretty good, also I would like to moderate one of the next hegemony games, but I will design the system and such. It probably will be a more equal one, where each country has the same amount of money, and annexation will either be more difficult, or have a limit

It's a REALLY big shaft.