Dungeoneering solo help?

Themooingcow666

Ok so i like soloing it better, i HATE using teams idk why, but what i was wondering, is this, If i am soloing it, is there any way to make it just a tad bit easier? I am on level 8 i think? And it's not that it's hard, it's just every level get's so damn progressively harder that idk what 10 is going to be like, so what i am wondering is, how do i make it easier to get through the levels? I don't want to repeat levels either

Themooingcow.png

Im soloing too, got to lv12 so far (I think - just finished the last frozen floor and arrived to the 1st undead floor)

Im using melee 95% of the time. Died only once (and that's only because I was reckless and charged a boss nearly without food).

Some advices:

1. Farming, cooking and herblore are much more important then they seem. growing potatoes then cooking them and adding fish and mushrooms makes a *big* difference in tight situations. same for potions - either combat ones or potions that help you make better equipment.

2. get the best pickaxe you can. my tier 8 pickaxe is my binded item. good pickaxe (at least so i think) gives you batter chance to gain ores rather then destroying them.

3. clad yourself in every possible spot - its worth wasting the money on ores, if you come close to the boss part and didnt found enough of your own. decent mining and smithing lv are nearly a must, if you want to survive in the long run.

4. Summoning a beast of burden saves *a lot* of run and timewaste. If u have inventory problems, try to drop all the extra items in the spawn room, or near a strategic point (like a range).

5. 2-h spear = bad weapon. really bad. as much as i've seen, longsword + kiteshield is most of time the best combination, though sometime i keep a 2h sword or a crushing weapon at inv. Some enemies have a vast difference in their defense against different attack stills. some are nearly non harmable to slash, but very weak to crash, and via versa. Its really important with the high lv regular monsters, that can hit very hard and cause you to waste a ton of food (seen a lv140+ so far. some can be more hassle from the final bosses).

Im soloing too, got to lv12 so far (I think - just finished the last frozen floor and arrived to the 1st undead floor)

Im using melee 95% of the time. Died only once (and that's only because I was reckless and charged a boss nearly without food).

Some advices:

1. Farming, cooking and herblore are much more important then they seem. growing potatoes then cooking them and adding fish and mushrooms makes a *big* difference in tight situations. same for potions - either combat ones or potions that help you make better equipment.

2. get the best pickaxe you can. my tier 8 pickaxe is my binded item. good pickaxe (at least so i think) gives you batter chance to gain ores rather then destroying them.

3. clad yourself in every possible spot - its worth wasting the money on ores, if you come close to the boss part and didnt found enough of your own. decent mining and smithing lv are nearly a must, if you want to survive in the long run.

4. Summoning a beast of burden saves *a lot* of run and timewaste. If u have inventory problems, try to drop all the extra items in the spawn room, or near a strategic point (like a range).

5. 2-h spear = bad weapon. really bad. as much as i've seen, longsword + kiteshield is most of time the best combination, though sometime i keep a 2h sword or a crushing weapon at inv. Some enemies have a vast difference in their defense against different attack stills. some are nearly non harmable to slash, but very weak to crash, and via versa. Its really important with the high lv regular monsters, that can hit very hard and cause you to waste a ton of food (seen a lv140+ so far. some can be more hassle from the final bosses).

Wait, so a better pickaxe gets you more ores? I use the first one and i nornally get 3 of each rock (from 1st tier to 8th? maybe 9th idr)

Themooingcow.png

The pickaxe stuff could be very true.

Other than that, dungeoneering really emphasizes the cb triangle and what you choose as armour/weap and att style (For example when you come to the abandonded floors, a crush weap aids significantly over a stab weap, even if it is a prommy dag). The mushroom and potato thing that someone noted here is very very valuable, as are the pots, but to a lesser extent. When summoning, world bearers are the best, healers don't heal but provide extra lp restore when eating food. When you're going for the boss, a fighter familiar is advised (the mage ones seem to be overall less money to be spent at smuggler). If you camp with inventory problem you might wanna drop the low level fish, keep like tier 6 and up. If you combine with the potato and mushroom stuff, food doesn't really become a problem (some monsters are harder than the bosses themselves tbh).

A rc level of 65+ comes in very handy for blast spells.

Legion.gif

Achieved quest (07/08/2009), woodcutting (28/06/2010), attack (21/07/2010), strength + constitution (07/08/2010), defence (26/09/2010), summoning (13/01/2011), herblore (03/03/2011), cook (31/08/2012), firemaking (01/09/2012), magic (08/09/2012), prayer (16/09/2012) and ranged (29/10/2012) capes.

• 4 months later...

I'm a soloer too :shades: My personal recommendation would be to pick up ALL food you see and make a healing familiar whenever you can - the healer will increase how much your food heals thus making low tier food more worthwhile and high tier food even better; and the healing really adds up. Also, try and get a friend (probably a high level smith) to help you get a promethium weapon (spear is preferable IMO since mine is p++ and has all styles, but some prefer 2h to use w/ berserker ring), it really makes a difference.

So why wouldn't you cover all attack styles with one weapon? :huh:

Hevendor_Guy.png

rsdeadzm5.png

There's cake through here, apparently.

Some advices:

I'd suggest you take this advice witha grain of salt or two.

1. Cooking is not needed. Farming is not needed. Make a melee potion (magebane + claw) or a strong melee potion (lycopus + claw) if you find the herb.
  2. Bind the best weapon you can use. You shouldn't waste time on mining much anyway and a good weapon is certainly worth it. Get an armour piece as second bind, or a shadow silk hood if you find one.
  3. Buy ores, mine ores (you got a pickaxe with you anyway, to open doors) but don't waste time on making an artisan's potion; only make one if you find the herb. Make a melee potion first (artisan and melee use the same, magebane).
  4. A BOB is nice, but again, only if you find the stuff anyway. Don't go out of your way to get a familiar at all.
  5. Spear is a good weapon. 2h + berserker ring is slightly better. Rapier + berserker ring is also good.
  6. Finally: Ignore all monsters you have trouble to kill (forgotten warriors in primal etc.) unless you need to kill them for guardian doors. This will save a lot of food and prayer.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted