Dungeons & Dragons

Seraphi

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a general question; If and when I finally get this thing off of the ground (reading up on the setting and getting some maps right now) Who would be interested in playing? Also if so would you be interested in doing it "free form" in terms of story.

LNYvk.png

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is interested I have the concept of the free form campaign done (it gives limited choice but still allows you to [bleep] things up) Essentially you are a team that is part of an Adventurers Guild. There are various missions with various difficulties which you could accept (ranging from find my lost cat to HOLY [cabbage] DRAGONS DEMONS [bleep]ING EVERYWHERE). So if you are interested could you post your characters (starting at level 5)

LNYvk.png

[hide]

[hide=Character Template]

Name:

(Try to make it something at least a bit fantasy. If you can’t think of anything, try this:

http://www.seventhsanctum.com/generate.php?Genname=fantasynameex)

self explanatory

(Doesn’t affect gameplay)

/self explanatory again

Race:

(Each race gives specific bonuses. Make sure to check your races bonuses and note them down here for later.)

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/races.htm

certain races give certain bonuses

Class:

(This is really important. Make sure to pick a class you like, and configure ability scores, inventory, feats and spells as such.)

(Also note that wizards and sorcerers get to choose a school specialization, gaining an extra spell from that school per day, but giving up two other schools in the process.

Clerics get to pick two domains, gaining an extra spell per level from those two domains.)

(Druids must state their animal companion here.)

http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/classes.htm

(You want the “Base Classes”. Prestige classes come a while later.)

not really much to explain

Alignment:

(Pick one from here: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/description.htm#theNineAlignments)

pretty well explained in the link (at least I think so

Description:

(Here’s where the characters backstory goes. Please try to put an effort into this, as I like to read them occasionally. I don’t particularly care how long it is.)

Ability Scores:

(These affect a large chunk of the game, and you should try to focus on the ones that your character requires. Different spellcasters require different abilities to use their spells.

This is also where your racial abilities come in. You should add them now.)

(All Ability scores start at 8, which gives a modifier of -1. You start with 30 points to put into these abilities. For 8-12, each ability score costs one point. 12-14, they cost two points, 14-16, they cost 3, and so on.

Each two ability score levels gives you another +1 to that abilities specific modifiers)

Strength: 8

Dexterity: 8 (Remember, Dexterity gives an AC bonus as well)

Constitution: 8 (Constitution affects HP, so is quite important, but not required, for everyone.)

Intelligence: 8 (This is very important to wizards or people who want a lot of skill ranks.)

Wisdom: 8 (Important for Clerics and Druids mostly.)

Charisma: 8 (Charisma affects Paladins, Sorcerers, and Bards mostly.)

(Add your ability modifiers as necessary, but remember the point system.)

Spells:

http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/spellLists.htm

(If you are a spellcasting class, you get to pick spells at each new level, as well as level one. Spells become more powerful the higher their level, to a maximum of 9th level spells.)

(Sorcerers get four level 0 spells and two level 1 spells at first level, and then more spells as levels are gained.)

(Wizards can select any spells (Of the correct level) they wish ahead of time, but can only cast a certain number of each spell level (Less than sorcerers))

(Clerics can cast any spell which they are allowed, given their alignment, but can only cast a certain number of each level per day, including domain spells. However, they can also convert any of their pre-prepared spells into a cure/inflict wounds (Dependant on alignment) spell at will.)

(Druids work in much the same way as clerics, but without domains. They can convert one of their pre-prepared spells into a summoning spell.)

(For any other class spells, see the class feature list from the link near the top of the page)

Feats:

(All starting characters get to pick one feat. Humans get one extra feat, and fighters get a further extra feat. All feats have different effects, and some can vastly alter your character. Make sure to pick wisely. Some feats require you to pick a certain weapon which they are used with. These feats will ONLY work when this weapon is equipped, so make sure you are certain of using that weapon before choosing these)

http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/feats.htm

lets you do extra things

Skills:

(Skills are, well, skills. They affect what you are good at, from forging documents to trick people, to climbing things and swimming. Skill ranks cost points. They are shown in your class’s information here: http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/classes.htm . You will generally get 4x more points at first level than you will at each level after that.) (If you take a class skill rank, you get one rank for each skill point, if you take a non-class skill, each rank costs two. Your class skills can be found on your class section in the link above.) (Just put the number of ranks you want next to the skill name below)

(The maximum rank of a class skill is your character level+3. The maximum rank in a non-class skill is half this number)

The skill description list is here: http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/skills.htm

skill checks galore!

Appraise

Balance

Bluff

Climb

Concentration

Craft

Decipher Script

Diplomacy

Disable Device

Disguise

Escape Artist

Forgery

Gather Information

Handle Animal

Heal

Hide

Intimidate

Jump

Knowledge

Listen

Move Silently

Open Lock

Perform

Profession

Ride

Search

Sense Motive

Sleight Of Hand

Speak Language

Spellcraft

Spot

Survival

Swim

Tumble

Use Magic Device

Use Rope

Inventory:

(This is where all of your stuff is kept. Make sure you keep track of this.)

[/hide]

Delete everything in brackets before submitting.

Ability Scores

It would appear there has been trouble working out ability scores. I'm putting this here to help those who have trouble with that.

(I think I was the one who caused the confusion... *Sigh*)

Okay, here are the modifier lists and point costs for each score up to 20.

u1vzp.png

Extra Spell Slots

This is a table for spell slot modifiers. Your classes spellcasting ability (Charisma for sorcerers, Intelligence for wizards) will be the ability used in the table.

2ppdh5f.png

You get these spells ALONG WITH your normal spells (See class sheet for normal spells.)

[/hide]

EDIT: Let me set up a character generator link as well

http://www.pathguy.com/cg35.htm this pretty much walks you through character generation (if you want I can upload a 3.5e players handbook pdf as well). For character generation we will be using the 32point buy system.

EDIT: EDIT:

Edel disregard most of the things on the front page. Unless you are using a variant character class (ie something from complete scoundrel,complete arcane,etc.) or a weird race the character generator will work fine.

LNYvk.png

5 levels for a class I believe (though it would be wise to only really pick one) Also you may want to google some handbooks for classes just to get a basic idea of how to play it/what to play do. (give me a second I'm loading it right now).

EDIT: The point buy system is to determine your stats, The total levels is how high of a character level you have so in this case you would bubble in "5"

LNYvk.png

Horribly confusing. I'm out.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Okay then granted the generator I posted was a bit too complicated here is a more streamlined version of it: http://www.pathguy.com/cg35lite.htm

First off you have Strength Dexterity Constitution Intelligence Wisdom Charisma (basically character atributes).

Strength affects how hard you hit with melee as well as giving a bonus to strength checks.

Dexterity gives a bonus to Armor Class (making it harder for you to be hit), initiative (the system to determine who moves first),ranged attacks, and as usual skill checks.

Constitution affects how many hitpoints you have as well as your fortitude save and again certain skill checks.

Intelligence effects how many skill points per level you have as well as certain skills and spells per day that wizards can use.

Wisdom affects will saves as well as how many spells per day druids and clerics can use as well as all of the knowledge skills.

Charisma affects how many spells per day a sorcerer can use as well as how many turning attempts per day a cleric has and as usual certain skills.

In the system we are using you have 32 points with which to raise your respective attributes (the each start out at 8). So select the point buy option and get cracking.

u1vzp.png

You then can choose your race: Each race has different bonuses as well to be noted.

Humans: One bonus feat and +1 skill point per level. Favored class is the one you have the highest level in.

Dwarves: 2 Constitution, -2 Charisma. Favored class:Fighter

Elves:+2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution. Favored class:Wizard

Gnomes: +2 Constitution, -2 Strength. Favored class:Bard

Half elves: Favored class:Any

Half orcs:+2 Strength, -2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma. Favored class: Barbarian

Halflings: +2 Dexterity, -2 Strength. Favored class: Rogue

You now take 5 levels in a class (or 5 levels in multiple classes it doesn't really matter [aside from paladins and druids after which if you take a level from another class you may never advance in that class again]) A basic rundown is this:

Fighters: Mongo bash puny man.

Barbarians: Mongo bash puny man and then mongo angry so mongo bash more puny men harder.

Rogues: Your average thief.

Rangers: Lower hitpoint more versatile fighters with animal companions.

Druid: A generic Shaman with a bit of shape shifting thrown in (wisdom based spell caster)

Sorcerer: A Wizard sans the spellbook (and need for preparation of spells [but with a limited spell list]) Charisma based spellcaster.

Wizard: Your generic wizard with the spellbook and need for prep. of spells (intelligence based spellcaster)

Cleric: Healer/fist of an angry god (depending upon how it is played) Wisdom based spellcaster.

A much better rundown of all of the classes (and classes feats) is available at: http://www.d20srd.org/

LNYvk.png