Looking for advice on direction.

Graiskye

Greetings, I have just become a member after a month to six weeks of F2P.

I am CL 63, with def at 56,str.49,att.50,con.52,rng.36,mag.44, pray.32.

So I am middle of the road.

Right now I feel slightly overwhelmed. there is so much to learn, and see. Where does one start.

Basically I want to get to know the new world that has opened to me, and not 'waste' my time by just wandering aimlessly.

Can anyone offer any suggestions on a direction, maybe a couple new places to train aside from the usual F2P spots which I am quite familiar with,.

I do realize it is sort of a tall order I am asking for here, but please just throw some ideas out. That's all I am after. Thanks gang, hope you all have a great weekend.

-Grais.

Did you know half the worlds population is below average intelligence?

Many people think we are getting smarter as a whole, but we are UNIVERSALLY getting dumber and dumber at an alarmingly fast rate.

Metaphorically.... the human race is on its way to hell in a hand-basket made of dry wicker.

i remember when i was a new member all the people.

I reccomend doing stealing creations to get the armour/weapon/tools for training

try to avoid the "amazing" (please note the quotes) merch clans since they really just scam you

other then that walking aimlessly is the best way to go

VideoGameSigs4c274971671ba.png

TF2 Quotes

"stabbity stabbity stab" - [tcf] Chaotic Flare

"if life gives you an orange, you must be a mexican" - [tcf] PyrooryP

"will! you! stop! sapping! my! sentry! gun! god! [bleep]it!" - [tcf] g0 di3 sp1e

"he's like a bottle of soda with a skittle at the bottom, it doesn't really do anything it just sits there looking interesting and you can't drink it, so you basically just want to throw it out but you don't" - [tcf] sarrix

walking aimlessly is the best way to go

This. I've never regretted how I started out when I became a member. Just wander around, explore, do a few quests.

The aimless wandering and exploration is some of the most fun you'll have in all of Runescape. :thumbsup:

walking aimlessly is the best way to go

This. I've never regretted how I started out when I became a member. Just wander around, explore, do a few quests.

The aimless wandering and exploration is some of the most fun you'll have in all of Runescape. :thumbsup:

When I did my first few quests and trained my new member skills for the first time after 6 years of F2P, it was a huge rush of nostalgia. Not that I had played it before, but because it the was the experience of being a total noob and seeing things for the first time, just like when I first started playing RSC back in 2002.

Whoa this community kicks [wagon] on the Jagex one.

Thank you all for your replies.

Don't get me wrong on the wandering bit, I too enjoy just aimlessly running and discovering, but at the same time, its nice to switch gears when you feel like accomplishing something significant.

When you become a member after F2P, your world I would says gets about 5 times bigger ? 4 or 5 times. So it can seem a little daunting, at first.

Having much fun so far thieving of all the NPC's is a hoot. I want to chek out slaying and hunting for sure as well, and summoning, and fletching, you get the idea I imagine.

Thanks again for being a whole lot more accommodating then the Jagex crew, this same post there has so far received no replies.

Oh well.

Peace,

-G.

Did you know half the worlds population is below average intelligence?

Many people think we are getting smarter as a whole, but we are UNIVERSALLY getting dumber and dumber at an alarmingly fast rate.

Metaphorically.... the human race is on its way to hell in a hand-basket made of dry wicker.

Greetings, I have just become a member after a month to six weeks of F2P.

I am CL 63, with def at 56,str.49,att.50,con.52,rng.36,mag.44, pray.32.

So I am middle of the road.

Right now I feel slightly overwhelmed. there is so much to learn, and see. Where does one start.

Basically I want to get to know the new world that has opened to me, and not 'waste' my time by just wandering aimlessly.

Can anyone offer any suggestions on a direction, maybe a couple new places to train aside from the usual F2P spots which I am quite familiar with,.

I do realize it is sort of a tall order I am asking for here, but please just throw some ideas out. That's all I am after. Thanks gang, hope you all have a great weekend.

-Grais.

The tip.it main site has a good guide to new members. Since there are so many things that you could do (try new skills / open new areas / try members activities etc.) I'm going to just link to the guide as it offers a quick run down of the most common things people choose to do when they first get members.: http://www.tip.it/runescape/?page=new_members_P2P_guide.htm

Slayer offers a good way to train melee, ranged and magic while giving you variation in the monsters you kill. Also, since you listed prayer, you can go to west Yanille in world 31 to find people with altars in their house. Go inside their house and use dragon bones on their altar to receive 252 exp per bone.

Thanks again for being a whole lot more accommodating then the Jagex crew, this same post there has so far received no replies.

The RSOF (Runescape official forums) is a very popular forum and you will have to bump your topic by making a post on it every now and then to keep it on the first few pages of the subforum. Usually people will only look at the topics on the first few pages.

Rao.png

The RSOF (Runescape official forums) is a very popular forum and you will have to bump your topic by making a post on it every now and then to keep it on the first few pages of the subforum. Usually people will only look at the topics on the first few pages.

This.

Also, im not sure if your aware, but a lot of areas within the game only really become useful/accesible after certian quests, so although the world is big it isnt as massive as it seems. As you do more quests more areas will become unlocked, and eventually the world will become the full size you see. (The prime example i could think of here is Isafdar and Lletya)

Malcazaar.png

I'd recommend reading the guide that was mentioned earlier, that looked to me like a good idea on how to start training the members skills. Also, once you've explored/ran around a lot, buy one or two of each: Dueling ring, Games necklace, Glory (4) and Skills necklace. These all have teleports that are very useful for travelling faster. As fun as running around is I'm sure you won't want to run from Falador to Yanille too many times. :P

Neltak.png

My advice is:

Don't worry about efficiency.

I know that when going from a free game to a pay-to-play game many people are struck with a sence of "OMG-don't-waste-time-I'm-paying-for-this-I-have-to-be-as-efficient-as-possible-so-I-don't-waste-money"

This will only lead to boring grinding and you eventually resenting the game. Just go round and have as much fun as possible. Definately have a go at as many of the minigames as you can (at least once), train every member skill to at least 20 so you can learn the absolute basics and find out which ones you like. Do everything you wanted to do as a f2per but couldn't.

For instance, when I became p2p, I rushed my fletching level to the stage at which I could do willow shortbows, then I went to the willow trees south of Rimmington, brought a hatchet and a knife, chopped a full invent. Fletched the bows, sold to the nearby general store, chopped some more, fletched, sold etc.etc.

Was it efficient? not at all, but it did give me an understanding of the skill and allowed me to realise that I actually really enjoyed the satisfaction of making something myself

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever