Some range tips

IeatWindex

After about a 7 month RS break im back and left with an ok account. Hes going to be F2P for about 3 weeks so during that time I'd like to train his 71 range because I was aiming for 99. Anything significantly new about RS the past maybe half year that you would be willing to share would also be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Edit: If it helps my defence is 61.

GG.gif

Hey,

I don't think that any new updates will influence the exp rates for Ranged.

Best exp rate are Giant Spiders (lvl 50) in the Stronghold of Security.

I don't advice those, since they require loads of food & a high defence level.

I prefer flesh crawlers (also found in the SOS) / Ice Giants (in the cave south of Rimmington or North East wilderness)

I'd advice Flesh Crawlers with this equipement:

-Rune Full helm

-Green D'hide body

-Rune platelegs or green D'hide chaps, depending on your defencelvl

-Amulet of Power

-Green D'hide vambraces

-Maple short bow -> rapid style

-leather boots

Iron or even bronze arrows will do.

Good luck! :rolleyes:

~water

24bjlt2.png

-new channel-

The only change I can think of is the longbow sights from dungeoneering. If you're planning on doing some range pking in F2P then it might be worth getting, but otherwise the extra accuracy wouldn't be worth the time invested.

mythrandir.png

The only change I can think of is the longbow sights from dungeoneering. If you're planning on doing some range pking in F2P then it might be worth getting, but otherwise the extra accuracy wouldn't be worth the time invested.

You gain accuracy, but you lose too much speed. (since it's a longbow)

24bjlt2.png

-new channel-

Yes Honestly Ditch it dont go for it it wont be worth your time

Id advise You ice giants there the easiest to range/safe spot Plus they drop big bones which will make a bit of a dent when you train prayer in members.

Oh and i remember you welcome back

Kingmickez25.png

Hey,

I prefer flesh crawlers (also found in the SOS) / Ice Giants (in the cave south of Rimmington or North East wilderness)

-Rune Full helm

-Green D'hide body

-Amulet of Power

-Green D'hide vambraces

-leather boots

~water

Rune platelegs and green dhide body is the most retarted thing I've ever seen, and I don't get how people can't think hard enough to come up with something better.

This something better is called rune chainbody + green chaps. Higher def, same ranged attack. What else do you want?

Hey,

-Rune Full helm

-Green D'hide body

-Amulet of Power

-Green D'hide vambraces

-leather boots

~water

Rune platelegs and green dhide body is the most retarted thing I've ever seen, and I don't get how people can't think hard enough to come up with something better.

This something better is called rune chainbody + green chaps. Higher def, same ranged attack. What else do you want?

Very few people know that the rune chainbody + chaps combination works well, for some reason. :blink:

2eprbpj.png

Hey,

-Rune Full helm

-Green D'hide body

-Amulet of Power

-Green D'hide vambraces

-leather boots

~water

Very few people know that the rune chainbody + chaps combination works well, for some reason. :blink:

Because few ppl tank range on F2P to care

Always nice to be called something they can't even spell right.

the most retarted thing I've ever seen

:rolleyes:

Anyways, the stat differences are so small that they are nearly irrelevant.

And I don't think many people can be bothered buying a chainbody for no drastic reason either.

Apart from that, who cares about defence whilst fighting monsters that only hit like 14. :ohnoes:

I'll be honest, your setup beats mine in 3 points. Let's not mention the 4 stats in which my setup is better. :unsure:

All I did was give him the setup that I prefer. I'm not really interested in checking those few stat-differences.

As if it would matter with 99 defence... :wink:

As long as he's getting the experience he desires. :razz:

24bjlt2.png

-new channel-

Then what's the point of having a censor. :lol:

That's where the 'what's the point of having rules if you're not going to break them once in a while' phrase fits in a guess.

I don't agree with the phrase, but it's always nice to say it. :razz:

2eprbpj.png

To make people think about the words they say, if a word is censored it forces you to put effort into using it which deters some from typing it, at least in theory.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

To make people think about the words they say, if a word is censored it forces you to put effort into using it which deters some from typing it, at least in theory.

I know it puts me off. :thumbdown:

We should stop going off topic. :blink:

2eprbpj.png

I know it puts me off. :thumbdown:

We should stop going off topic. :blink:

[developmentally delayed]ed :o i didnt know that

Rainbow_Dude.png

Actually, it was just a typo. Funny you bring this up, very relevant.

Secondly, I wasn't calling you personally [developmentally delayed]ed. This comment was not meant personal at all. I just remember once when I decided I wanted to try ranging in f2p pvp worlds, I quickly found out chain + chaps > d'hide body + rune legs, in defense/offence/cost, YET I saw all those "tank rangers" running around in rune platelegs + green d'hide body, and at that time I thought: "damn, non of these guys ever used their brains to try and figure out what's the best, they just follow everyone else. [developmentally delayed]s...".

So yeah, that comment was

1) not meant to you personally

2) I was referring to pking, where defence does matter.

Also, notice how I don't need smileys to make a point? (seeing you bring up irrelevant stuff, I guess I can do this too)

Well, I found a nice spot underneath Varrock, in the sewers. The red spiders area has a safe spot, behind a standing torch. If you have no problem with losing arrows, it's very fast XP. you just range them from across the stream. Hope I helped! :)

Goal: 99 99rangeu.png & 99magic.png Through 99slayer.png

ardvarksoup2.png

Credits to Zokot for the sig.