My IRL 99 HP/Constitution Cape

Racheya

I wonder if people will remember this, but I made an IRL 99 Hitpoints (or constitution, as Tripsis reminded me XD) cape for a competition thingy we had last August.

It's actually not that brilliant, and it's been hanging around my bedroom doing nothing for about 9 months. The only real reason that I made a HP cape was because I had a lot of spare red/white fabric lying around from when I tried (and failed) to make a Japanese school uniform :rolleyes: . I've been trying to think of how to improve it. The shoulder pad bits are what I want to fix. They're really botched, with bits of cardboard keeping the shape and actually stitching through the cardboard to keep the material on (lulz). I really like the actual cape bit, and the strips of fabric at the back & front, it's the top bit where it goes on my shoulders that annoys me.

Anyway, pictures!

[hide]

Jtcompcara_01.jpg

Jtcompcara_02.jpg

Jtcompcara_05.jpg

Jtcompcara_06.jpg

[/hide]

Does anyone have any ideas towards making the shoulder pads better? And maybe a good way to hold it around my neck without choking me? :P

You never know, I might... need it? :blink: *shrugs*. I'm sure there'll be no huge loss though if I can't make it better :P

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Maybe you can try to put little pats of Styrofoam in the shoulder pats?

And if you add the 2 red thingy's on the front, to the back ( a back pack idea ) then it wont choke you :P.

Hope that makes any sense, if not I'll try to explain it with a drawing if you like? :thumbsup:

mdeosig.png

hytbanner2.png

Proud (retired) Tip.it Times Editor! Tip.it Times Archives TET event forum

Maybe you can try to put little pats of Styrofoam in the shoulder pats?

I was going to suggest something similar. It would be epic if they "stood up" like they do in game! :thumbsup: Anyway this is really cool - nice job!!

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

What about Clips for the front so it sits there, looks tight but isn't. as for the shoulder pads, try making styrofoam but in a sort of L shape, so the small part is resting into your shoulders.

hard to explain, I'd need to make a pic. >.<

Popoto.~<3

I think deoxys idea would work the best. Just dont make it to big where it dose not look right, or to small where it dose not work at all.

Now got make a woodcutting cape please :thumbup:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Damn thats pretty good! Is it possible to make "envelopes" in the shoulder pads so you can simply insert the Styrofoam into them? And I agree the Styrofoam is the best idea.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Damn thats pretty good! Is it possible to make "envelopes" in the shoulder pads so you can simply insert the Styrofoam into them? And I agree the Styrofoam is the best idea.

Good idea.. I think that could work if done right..

That is pretty epic, but it's trimmed...

where's the other cape(s)?tongue.gif

Make a FM cape!!

Hmm.. my grandmother is quite handy with a sewing machine.. I should talk to her :o

35b9enp.jpg

Thanks for all the advice guys! The idea of envelopes looks promising! I'll have to look into it when I have spare time :)

And lol, I know it's trimmed, but I had red fabric so... and I'm definitely too lazy to make another cape :P A woodcutting one sounds appealing.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

• 3 weeks later...

Ahh, I remember this one. Really nice work on it. :P

Id go with the styrofoam idea, maybe make pouches out of material by the shoulders then just add the styrofoam into them to make it hold?

(Not sure if that was suggested)

Hook up a tazer and modify the staples easy button to say "Perform emote". After that, give cape to friend/enemy and tell them to press the button. :thumbup:

It looks pretty sweet though ( I voted for this in the competition as well :P).

I'm pretty sure that that only works in the cartoons.

tifsbti6oi.gif

• 1 month later...

I gotta say, it's a pretty good made HP Cap :thumbsup:. Now, only if you could do the Emote while wearing it? :lol:

I would love to see Prayer Cape. You got skillz, girl! ;)

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

Y'know it's not that hard really. Making the cape shape and the dangly bits (lol) is the easiest bit. You just get a sewing machine (mine is incredibly tiny) and stitch it all together once you've drawn out the right size and shapes. Trying to figure out a way to connect it around the neck without choking you might be a good way to go though too XD Capes look rather impressive while being fairly simple to create :)

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

LOLtartz!

I love you.

1. "My ear's in a cup, I guess that doesn't count..."

2. "So heyyy, that's a pretty reasonable reaction huh?"

3. "So you up for NAFTA?"

4. "That went exactly how I wanted it to."