Thinking about selling/trading in games...

Zilla

After thinking about it for a while, I have decided that for the old 360 games I do not play anymore (I have about 5-8 games or so I want to trade in), I will sell them off rather than letting them just sit and dust up. Sadly I do not know who would be a good choice to trade them to, Gamestop came to mind but I heard they sometimes do not give the best of deals, and I do not want to Ebay/Craigslist them. If you are able to, could you give me some tips?

vizardsig-1.png

My brother has sold (you only get credit there...) his games at Gamestop a few times and he never had any problems. I mean... You don't get money, but if you're going to buy more games with it anyway, I don't see why not. You'll probably only get a fraction of what you paid for it, though :/

My brother has sold (you only get credit there...) his games at Gamestop a few times and he never had any problems. I mean... You don't get money, but if you're going to buy more games with it anyway, I don't see why not. You'll probably only get a fraction of what you paid for it, though :/

Hm, might try this. Are you able to buy anything in the Gamestop store with the points? (Microsoft points, Game Magazines, etc.)

vizardsig-1.png

Haha. Gamestop won't give you [cabbage] for your games. I handed in a used copy of a Xbox game, gave me 8 bucks for it. Sold the exact same game (used) for 40.

These guys are horrible merchants. :shame:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Haha. Gamestop won't give you [cabbage] for your games. I handed in a used copy of a Xbox game, gave me 8 bucks for it. Sold the exact same game (used) for 40.

Considering how much money they make off of it I'm going to say they are doing a pretty good job.

Well, I'm not sure if you are anywhere near Iowa, but there are game shops called Videogames Etc! (Just a game? I DON'T THINK SO!!!) dotted around the place. They give pretty good deals. And I think you can get cash for them, but if not you get in-store credit. I got $90 for 3 ds games and an xbox game once. Was pretty amazed :thumbup:. And the guys there seem to know what they are talking about.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Hm, might try this. Are you able to buy anything in the Gamestop store with the points? (Microsoft points, Game Magazines, etc.)

Yeah, but as Nick mentioned, you don't really get that much for your games...

I can say that if you asked for cash...they do pay really badly. it cause they wont to give you credit so can buy more stuff from them.

For example, I sold MW2 to a gamestop and got 40$ back in credit. I asked them how much in cash they would give me and they said around 15$.

With this in mind, if you want to buy more games in the future, Id sell them to a gamestop or EB games. But if you can find a friend to sell them for cash, Id do that.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Yeah, if you're going to go to gamestop, don't plan on walking out with cash. Only more things from their store. If you really want to get ripped of, go there, may I ask why you don't want to use eBay/Craigslist?

21ed8x.jpg

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Yeah, if you're going to go to gamestop, don't plan on walking out with cash. Only more things from their store. If you really want to get ripped of, go there, may I ask why you don't want to use eBay/Craigslist?

I can't really explain it, but my trust factor seems to drop to zero when trying to buy/sell online. While it probably is better my mind just screams "no" to things such as that.

vizardsig-1.png

Gamestop actcually does give money if you want, when you trade in games. At least where I live.

Anyone know how much I'll get for these games? (All PS2)

Fight Night Round 2

FFXII

GTA San Andreas

Medal of Honor Frontline

Guitar hero 3

Dance Factory

Guitar hero 1

DBZ Budokai 2

World Series Baseball 2k3

NBA Ballers Phenom

Frogger the Great Quest

Spongbob Squarepants the movie (lol its the game)

GTA 3

Agressive Inline

Backyard Basketball

Disneys extreme Skate Adventure

Tony Hawks Underground

NBA Shootout 2003

MLB 2005

Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3

ATV offroad fury 2

Urban Reign

Thats it :D

(bleep) All haters I see, Cause I hate that you breath, I see you duck you little punk you lil freakin disease.

Yea anything PS2 doesn't get much at all. Hell you'd be lucky to get $20 for *A* PS2, let alone the games.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Well I recently sold about 15 ps2 games, whole rachet clank series and a bunch of other things and got like $200 for it all which I would say is a great return. I sell all my games on ebay after my last encounter with peeps at gamestop, you just lose so much cash that you can make on ebay. The only time it is worth selling to gamestop is if they have a promo where u can trade certain games in and get $40 off of the game you are buying, then it is worth it. Ebay is great, I recently got battlefield 2(slightly used) and demon souls for $60 total demon souls was new(about $50 at gamestop im sure?). Don't listen to all the things like oh your games won't work etc, I have never had any problems with ebay or amazon when buying online. I got screwed 2 times already but with paypal I got my money back within 3 days after I filed for it. I would say atleast check it out and see what you think, but I buy almost everything for my ps3 off ebay and amazon anymore :thumbsup:

Dakr06.png