Jagex: The Mother of the Noobs

Nomrombom

hurr hurr hai guise jagex blows cuz we dont can has bots and leet skillz we should

No.

But in all seriousness, Jagex babies its players more than any game I've ever seen. Including CoD 4 and and MW2.

Happened first with the removal of the wilderness. I never PKed, and I didn't like having to go in and have the chance of being killed by players, but I just didn't care about the wilderness one way or another. But noobs were getting lured; that is, told to come trade someone for a cheap price near the wilderness, and unexpectedly being brought into the wild and killed. It took a special kind of stupidity to be lured if you were over combat 40.

Happened again with the trade warnings - Changes would flash red and a warning sign would go DANGER DANGER DANGER. I liked this update, as it prevented scamming and didn't really inconvenience anyone other than blinding them for a few seconds. Still, it babied the players.

And happened ONCE AGAIN with the trade LIMIT. More quest points = more leniency, but still annoying as [bleep]. It effectively disabled gifts, surprise presents, people saying "10k for 3 laws right now" and all that. All it did was help reduce RWT, which still went on, only not as simply as before. It also helped prevent players get jacked for cheap items. IMHO, if you aren't aware enough to know the price of what you're buying or to at least check with someone or look it up on Tip. it, you DESERVE to lose the extra money. It's natural selection, Runescape style.

Jagex is like a damn overprotective mother who listens to the younger child when they say *older sibling* did such and such!!!mommy!!!!!11!1!!! (That's a reference to reports for telling people to google a goddamn thing. Whole nother rant though.)

Rant done.

PM me for fitocracy invite

hurr hurr hai guise jagex blows cuz we dont can has bots and leet skillz we should

No.

But in all seriousness, Jagex babies its players more than any game I've ever seen. Including CoD 4 and and MW2.

Happened first with the removal of the wilderness. I never PKed, and I didn't like having to go in and have the chance of being killed by players, but I just didn't care about the wilderness one way or another. But noobs were getting lured; that is, told to come trade someone for a cheap price near the wilderness, and unexpectedly being brought into the wild and killed. It took a special kind of stupidity to be lured if you were over combat 40.

Happened again with the trade warnings - Changes would flash red and a warning sign would go DANGER DANGER DANGER. I liked this update, as it prevented scamming and didn't really inconvenience anyone other than blinding them for a few seconds. Still, it babied the players.

And happened ONCE AGAIN with the trade LIMIT. More quest points = more leniency, but still annoying as [bleep]. It effectively disabled gifts, surprise presents, people saying "10k for 3 laws right now" and all that. All it did was help reduce RWT, which still went on, only not as simply as before. It also helped prevent players get jacked for cheap items. IMHO, if you aren't aware enough to know the price of what you're buying or to at least check with someone or look it up on Tip. it, you DESERVE to lose the extra money. It's natural selection, Runescape style.

Jagex is like a damn overprotective mother who listens to the younger child when they say *older sibling* did such and such!!!mommy!!!!!11!1!!! (That's a reference to reports for telling people to google a goddamn thing. Whole nother rant though.)

Rant done.

You have a point there. The problem with getting pked is that you don't get a gravestone........

For that I'm glad they removed the wilderness.

But on the other point you're right. I can no longer give gifts to my friends. What I don't mind about that is that it does encourage questing, but that's another story.

Ummmmmm.....................

Not much to say.

If you want to find me in Runescape, my name is not applyapple. It is vetoscadiva.

Complain as you like about Jagex, but think about what they've done. How many MMORPG designers go around to creating as complex an in-game world as Jagex? They do need to get around to making a equipable knife, though.

With everyone's complaining about updates, it's amzing that there isn't a forum topic on the fact that the chat box says "You can't reach that" (as opposed to "I can't reach that!").

You kind of missed the point here. All this stuff you mentioned was put in to prevent the bald guys with green pants from trading legit players raw materials worth millions and millions. All your reasons are ridiculous. Yes, some things you said may have been true, but the real fact was there were gp sellers just selling gold to anyone, and then there were false gp sellers just stealing peoples credit card numbers when these people tried to buy gp for real money. Removal of trade limits, and the wilderness, and staking (you missed whining about that one) prevented people from transfering massive amounts of wealth to other people.

Last time I went to cut yews, or pick flax, or mine pure essense, I was blissfully alone and actually able to get some materials, instead of everything disappearing instantly to hordes of bots.

To borrow from what you said, it takes a special kind of stupidity to post what you just posted.

pere_grin.png

You kind of missed the point here. All this stuff you mentioned was put in to prevent the bald guys with green pants from trading legit players raw materials worth millions and millions. All your reasons are ridiculous. Yes, some things you said may have been true, but the real fact was there were gp sellers just selling gold to anyone, and then there were false gp sellers just stealing peoples credit card numbers when these people tried to buy gp for real money. Removal of trade limits, and the wilderness, and staking (you missed whining about that one) prevented people from transfering massive amounts of wealth to other people.

Last time I went to cut yews, or pick flax, or mine pure essense, I was blissfully alone and actually able to get some materials, instead of everything disappearing instantly to hordes of bots.

To borrow from what you said, it takes a special kind of stupidity to post what you just posted.

Oh, I didn't realize making a post with superb grammar, spelling, punctuation, and a good show of reasons and (some) logic was whining.

If you put a credit card in to buy Runescape money on a non official site (i.e. Jagex does not sell gold) you also deserve to get your credit card stolen.

PM me for fitocracy invite

Oh, I didn't realize making a post with superb grammar, spelling, punctuation, and a good show of reasons and (some) logic was whining.

If you put a credit card in to buy Runescape money on a non official site (i.e. Jagex does not sell gold) you also deserve to get your credit card stolen.

He's right about the credit card.

If you rant, everyone says you're whining. Live with it.

I do agree with him about the bald guys in green pants.

Not much to say.

If you want to find me in Runescape, my name is not applyapple. It is vetoscadiva.

Complain as you like about Jagex, but think about what they've done. How many MMORPG designers go around to creating as complex an in-game world as Jagex? They do need to get around to making a equipable knife, though.

With everyone's complaining about updates, it's amzing that there isn't a forum topic on the fact that the chat box says "You can't reach that" (as opposed to "I can't reach that!").

I am not saying you do not. I am saying that it was happening, and that is why Jagex removed everything you posted about. Jagex could care less if a few nooby players got lured, or scammed. But people were stealing credit card numbers, and perhaps using them to buy memberships for their multiple bots, and then defaulting on the payments because the card got canceled. Thus, jagex was losing money from memberships.

Also, the fact that if you lost your credit card number while trying to buy runescape gp is reason enough to start a lawsuit. I am not saying this is right, or anything like that. Sueing a company because you were trying to break their rules and got scammed is ridiculous, and should be laughed out every lawyers office. But it isn't, it is something that was a risk to Jagex.

When you can win a lawsuit against the state for installing guard rails that do not "guard" your car and keep it on the road when you hit the guard rail at 40 mph dead on, pretty much anything is possible. (they are now called guide rails btw) Same thing with sueing mcdonalds because you spilled coffee on yourself, or sueing the homeowner who shot you when you were attempting to burglarize his house at night. These should never have happened, but they all did, and they all were won.

Therefore, Jagex was at risk of getting embroiled in a lawsuit cause some stupid noob lost their credit cards trying to break the rules. (yes they deserved it)

Jagex didn't want to have to waste time and money fighting lawsuit after lawsuit. They also wanted their players to play the game, not just buy money from a gp seller and then after a few months get bored because they have finished buying everything in the game.

I actually posted a response to this because you had good grammar, spelling, punctuation. If you hadn't, I would simply have told you to shut up and to back to the RSOF.

The reasons you gave for the RWT fixes Jagex instituted in 2007 were incorrect. Because of this, I naturally assumed that you were just complaining, and avoiding the actual reason for these fixes. You're also posting in the rants forum, what does anyone else do in here but whine and complain about things they do not like.

pere_grin.png

I am not saying you do not. I am saying that it was happening, and that is why Jagex removed everything you posted about. Jagex could care less if a few nooby players got lured, or scammed. But people were stealing credit card numbers, and perhaps using them to buy memberships for their multiple bots, and then defaulting on the payments because the card got canceled. Thus, jagex was losing money from memberships.

Also, the fact that if you lost your credit card number while trying to buy runescape gp is reason enough to start a lawsuit. I am not saying this is right, or anything like that. Sueing a company because you were trying to break their rules and got scammed is ridiculous, and should be laughed out every lawyers office. But it isn't, it is something that was a risk to Jagex.

When you can win a lawsuit against the state for installing guard rails that do not "guard" your car and keep it on the road when you hit the guard rail at 40 mph dead on, pretty much anything is possible. (they are now called guide rails btw) Same thing with sueing mcdonalds because you spilled coffee on yourself, or sueing the homeowner who shot you when you were attempting to burglarize his house at night. These should never have happened, but they all did, and they all were won.

Therefore, Jagex was at risk of getting embroiled in a lawsuit cause some stupid noob lost their credit cards trying to break the rules. (yes they deserved it)

Jagex didn't want to have to waste time and money fighting lawsuit after lawsuit. They also wanted their players to play the game, not just buy money from a gp seller and then after a few months get bored because they have finished buying everything in the game.

I actually posted a response to this because you had good grammar, spelling, punctuation. If you hadn't, I would simply have told you to shut up and to back to the RSOF.

The reasons you gave for the RWT fixes Jagex instituted in 2007 were incorrect. Because of this, I naturally assumed that you were just complaining, and avoiding the actual reason for these fixes. You're also posting in the rants forum, what does anyone else do in here but whine and complain about things they do not like.

Corruption makes me sad.

Not much to say.

Oh. Didn't mean to come off like a [bleep] there, Peregrin :oops:

Still, Jagex does baby players a lot more than necessary.

It's cool :) I am kind of in agreement with you about that also, they do baby players quite a bit.

pere_grin.png

Oh. Didn't mean to come off like a [bleep] there, Peregrin :oops:

Still, Jagex does baby players a lot more than necessary.

It's cool :) I am kind of in agreement with you about that also, they do baby players quite a bit.

They make the game easy (too easy if you ask me). Ingrates who are always complaining...............

This is one of the few rants with a justified point behind it!

I wonder how much of it is nostalgia?

Not much to say.

This rant is pretty much nullified by the fact that neither the trade limit nor the removal of old wilderness pking was because of luring, but because of the threat gold farmers had over the title, and Jagex as a company. You'll notice that whenever Jagex ups the trade limit, they don't talk about scams but rather the impact on the flow of gold exchange.

The wilderness was just a manner of separating the two areas of Runescape, but yes was partially babying.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

runescape just became a game for kids and the family. while most online games, like CoD 4 and MW2, have kids but they aren't exactly kid friendly. rs bleeps out cuss words for one thing which, if you're a parent, you are going to prefer over chatting online games with no censoring.

also rs has one of the most interconnected communities before they created GE. everyone had a buyer for stuff they got and sellers for stuff they needed. trading was the only way to get most things which meant people got scammed frequently. if you play any other mmo, there's trading but most buying and selling of important stuff is through an auction or GE like entity.

runescape kinda has to monitor and control their game now with the differences it has with other games and it's audience.

monoclesmilecopy.jpg

runescape just became a game for kids and the family. while most online games, like CoD 4 and MW2, have kids but they aren't exactly kid friendly. rs bleeps out cuss words for one thing which, if you're a parent, you are going to prefer over chatting online games with no censoring.

also rs has one of the most interconnected communities before they created GE. everyone had a buyer for stuff they got and sellers for stuff they needed. trading was the only way to get most things which meant people got scammed frequently. if you play any other mmo, there's trading but most buying and selling of important stuff is through an auction or GE like entity.

runescape kinda has to monitor and control their game now with the differences it has with other games and it's audience.

So, do you think the GE is a problem?

Not much to say.

Removal of the wilderness is not connected to luring, the ditch was connected to luring.

Trade warnings are a good thing. Saying someone deserves to be scammed because of them being oblivious to item swapping is the same kind of talk about cute girls getting raped and deserving it.

Trade limits is not about baby sitting... it could also be viewed as being the complete opposite. You can no longer gain an advantage over other players because you have rich friends or you buy gold.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Removal of the wilderness is not connected to luring, the ditch was connected to luring.

Trade warnings are a good thing. Saying someone deserves to be scammed because of them being oblivious to item swapping is the same kind of talk about cute girls getting raped and deserving it.

Trade limits is not about baby sitting... it could also be viewed as being the complete opposite. You can no longer gain an advantage over other players because you have rich friends or you buy gold.

The ditch?

I agree.

I wish rich friends were actually willing to give away their stuff.....................So sick of giving my friends discounts and then they sell of whatever I give them.

But buying gold is a point (especially considering it's illegal).

Not much to say.

not really, just an easier way to do what people on rs have always been doing with each other

monoclesmilecopy.jpg

not really, just an easier way to do what people on rs have always been doing with each other

True, true. The ease of getting something really annoys me though.

Not much to say.

The ditch?

I agree.

I wish rich friends were actually willing to give away their stuff.....................So sick of giving my friends discounts and then they sell of whatever I give them.

The ditch is what seperate the wilderness and the "normal" world. We used to not have to click to enter the wilderness and instead a warning window appeared.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

The ditch?

I agree.

The ditch is what seperate the wilderness and the "normal" world. We used to not have to click to enter the wilderness and instead a warning window appeared.

Never liked luring. The ditch is a nice addition.

Not much to say.

With every passing month, Jagex goes further down the tubes...

In the early days of Runescape they were more open to their players because it was ready for expansion. Now what's making the game flow is their profits and hair brained schemes they cook up with their Development Team.

I find it a harder reason to respect them and the players...

In the early days of Runescape they were more open to their players because it was ready for expansion. Now what's making the game flow is their profits and hair brained schemes they cook up with their Development Team.

Why their players?

I believe this is a nostalgia rant. It's nothing but constant complaining about the newer updates.

Not much to say.

Why their players?

I believe this is a nostalgia rant. It's nothing but constant complaining about the newer updates.

As a long term player I am offended by your post.

Is being nostalgic every once in a while bother you? I'm sorry, but I still play the game like everyone else.

Why their players?

As a long term player I am offended by your post.

Is being nostalgic every once in a while bother you? I'm sorry, but I still play the game like everyone else.

I'm very sorry. I support nostalgia in all ways, and am a semi-long time player myself.

I just want to make it clear that a lot of this rant seems to be nostalgia-based.

Not much to say.