Pocket Slot (Updated)

Eyrelex

I've been mining pretty much non stop for the past few months constantly getting uncuts, while thinking of how useful it would be to have a chisel around without having to waste an inventory space. Now the idea just came to me for a pocket slot where you could equip one small tool like a chisel, hammer, etc. So thats pretty much my whole suggestion, pretty self explanatory :-w

How it will work:

The item you have equipped in the pocket slot will be automatically recognized, just like pick axes and hatchets.

So say you have a chisel, it will automatically be recognized that you have that item and so all you have to do is click on the uncut gem to cut it, just like when you have a pick axe equipped all you have to do is click on the rock to mine it.

How it will look like:

pocketpr9.png

List of Possible Items:

-Hammer

-Chisel

-Knife

-Tinderbox

-Secateurs (magic secateurs must be wielded in hand for bonus)

-Needle

-Saw (Crystal or normal) (Sticks out of pocket)

-Pestle and Mortar (Sticks out of pocket)

-Shears

-Trowl (sticks out of pocket)

-Seed Dibber

Idea by will_holmes:

*NEW ITEM* Abyssal belt (placed in pocket slot, but appears as a belt. Can add abyssal pouches to it for 4 extra slots, dropped by abyssal monsters after dropping giant pouch, 90 RC to use!)

Credits:

will_holmes

scaperunesigjw5.png

Check out my Pocket Slot idea!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds cool could also be used for a knife in fletching. :twisted:

i can see it now "your knive put a hole in your pockit and cuts your leg severly" *damage splat* 99 hp "o dear you are dead" LOL :twisted:

but a good idea :thumbsup:

DoD:S ownage

what we have here is a ..um.. failur to communcate

check out my steam ID page @ alpha company

I love it!

Ill list possible tools:

Chisel

Hammer

Knife

Saw

Secateurs (For magic, only gives bonuses if wielded in hand, not pocket)

Tinderbox

I think that's it really...

Awesome idea!

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I was toying around with the idea of a constructors belt (equips to leg slot), you operate it, and it holds chisel, hammer, nails, saw, needles, thread and a few other things. A lot like this idea

Mz zou have goosd ideas i support

{edit}Oops my keyboard is set on german. translation:

My! you have good ideas!I support

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Nice to see all this support :)

I was thinking of adding pictures and perhaps a preliminary list that you guys could help me fill in especially you members since i've never been a member before i'll need some help with the members items that could be used, seems like will beat me to it though <.< I'll check in again and maybe add some stuff after midterms are over -.-

you can also have it hold talismans

That could work, but since there are already tiaras it would be kinda redundant.

scaperunesigjw5.png

Ill update the list:

Hammer (sticks out of pocket)

Chisel

Knife

Tinderbox

Secateurs (magic secateurs must be wielded in hand for bonus)

Needle

Thread

Saw (Crystal or normal) (Sticks out of pocket)

Nails (Any type)

Arrow Heads

Jem tips

Pestle and Mortar (Sticks out of pocket)

Shears

Trowl (sticks out of pocket)

Seed Dibber

Feathers (Coloured and White)

Fishing bait (Squishy, but allowed)

:shock: *NEW ITEM* :shock: Abyssal belt (placed in pocket slot, but appears as a belt. Can add abyssal pouches to it for 4 extra slots, dropped by abyssal monsters after dropping giant pouch, 90 RC to use!)

But only one at a time! (But stacked items can still stack)

Talismans would not work because of tiaras, and I hope you like my idea of the abyssal belt. Came out of the blue whilst typing, but I like it! :mrgreen:

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I've been mining pretty much non stop for the past few months constantly getting uncuts, while thinking of how useful it would be to have a chisel around without having to waste an inventory space. Now the idea just came to me for a pocket slot where you could equip one small tool like a chisel, hammer, etc. So thats pretty much my whole suggestion, pretty self explanatory :-w

Didn't really feel like looking through pages of suggestions and as we all know the search function isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed, so im not sure if somethin like this has already been suggested.

Here, this is how I have formatted it too look like. It's hard to see, but with a little editting later, it will be shown as a little briefcase. Inside, it will hold Chisles, Hammers, and Knives. Any other items can be disscussed on this thread.

EDIT: Hey, I tried.

RAWR PLAWKS?

abbypu8.th.png

SELLING BLUE ELE- SKIRT - PM - ME -IN- GAME

SideRow

i dont think its nessary to make a new icon i thought it would be like one of thow little slot things in the exuip meniu next to the gloves one

DoD:S ownage

what we have here is a ..um.. failur to communcate

check out my steam ID page @ alpha company

well you have my support, if only I could carry a chisile around with me for lack of bank space, as it stands I have to go buy a new one whenever I get a uncute gem. if I dont cut it odds are my bank space would be maxed out. it may need some modifications like only one tool can be put in it at a time. and the list of tools would have to be spacific, I doubt very much that a huge saw or pick axe would be in some ones pocket.

on the other hand how will we use our tool? do we have to right click the tool in the pocket and select use and then go to use with the item in your inventory? this seems rather unpractible and only makes it usefull to those who have a randome gem.

or it could be automatic like if its equiped it would say cut gem, cut (insert object heer) by default just like mine rock or cut tree with a equiped tool of that nature in your weapon slot. all togeather a good idea, I dont know how they would impliment it though, If they did I doubt it would be for more than one at a time due to java limitations, you dont see multiple arrows equiped in your quiver do you?

Clan Moderator from December 15th 2006- August 20th 2007

Founder of: Terran Gamers, formerly known as Militos Deci

well you have my support, if only I could carry a chisile around with me for lack of bank space, as it stands I have to go buy a new one whenever I get a uncute gem. if I dont cut it odds are my bank space would be maxed out. it may need some modifications like only one tool can be put in it at a time. and the list of tools would have to be spacific, I doubt very much that a huge saw or pick axe would be in some ones pocket.

on the other hand how will we use our tool? do we have to right click the tool in the pocket and select use and then go to use with the item in your inventory? this seems rather unpractible and only makes it usefull to those who have a randome gem.

or it could be automatic like if its equiped it would say cut gem, cut (insert object heer) by default just like mine rock or cut tree with a equiped tool of that nature in your weapon slot. all togeather a good idea, I dont know how they would impliment it though, If they did I doubt it would be for more than one at a time due to java limitations, you dont see multiple arrows equiped in your quiver do you?

I thought maybe we could just whip it out of the spot, like when we bank.

It would come into our inventory, and use it like normal.

BTW ~ Like my fakie?

EDIT: It would be useful to have a pack full of items, say...;

You forget your hammer at the bank, you drop one bar, use the bars, pick it up and do what ya gotta doooo.

~SideRow~

RAWR PLAWKS?

abbypu8.th.png

SELLING BLUE ELE- SKIRT - PM - ME -IN- GAME

Sorry I actually havent been on since the time of my last post.

To Siderow, I appreciate the effort but I was actually thinking more along the lines of what supercanon said since that is the menu where you equip items.

To Bufoman, thats exactly what I was thinking, say you had a chisel equipped, it would automatically recognize that you have one so all you have to do is click on the uncut to cut it. I agree, like i said in the original post you would only be able to equip one tool at a time.

And of course thanks to will for expanding on the list, I'll be sure to add it to the op, however, I was thinking that only tools could be used so I wasn't really thinking of having things like nails, bait, thread, etc being able to be used in the pocket slot. The Abyssal Pouch idea sounds cool too.

scaperunesigjw5.png

My only question is - how will you use 'em. By that I mean, for fletching you must click on the knife and log. If it's in another area, you can't just click on the knife and log. So how will that work?

cliffside1ra5.png

good, I strongly support this. however I do not feel that bait, nails exetra should also be storeable in this mannor or that they should have there own slot. for one it would be rediculess to have 1k iron nails in your pocket. for anouther that meens 2 slots for pockets, im sure jagex wants to keep more open for future updates. but this I think has a real chanch of becomeing a reality, almost every one supports and no flaims so far, I only wish I was this fortunate with my topics.

about large items like saws I dont think anything larger than a hammer should fit in it, certainly not things as big as your head. of course since im not a member I dont know how big a saw may be.

Keep up the good work, I hope to see this in game some day.

Clan Moderator from December 15th 2006- August 20th 2007

Founder of: Terran Gamers, formerly known as Militos Deci

Nifty idea, I support. If fishers got to save an inventory space with the barb-harpoon, shouldn't crafters, fletchers, smiths, herbists, and constructors get the same benefit? I think this idea can solve that problem :D =D>

Hevendor_Guy.png

rsdeadzm5.png

There's cake through here, apparently.