Super Heating?

kingmickez25

If you manage to buy/sell at mid, mith bars break perfectly even.

Steel are like -0.1gp/exp, though.

Drops: Black Mask.

Clue rewards: Sara Plate, 2 Robins, Some other random stuff.

Superheat the highest bars you can.

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

disregard good advice because the giver is a douche

THAT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON

If you happen to have 4k dungeoneering tokens, buying a coal bag seems to be quite useful for superheating mithrli+. With adamant, the amount of bars/bank went from 3 to 6. For mithril, it went from 4 to 8.

animsig.gif

[hide=Stats]I_B_Trolin_U.png[/hide]

"One death is a tragedy. A million deaths is a statistic."

-Joseph Stalin

Rustoid, that would be a stupid uneccecsry loss with adamant and rune...especially when he gets less Mage exp per hour. Stick with mithril.

And if you're looking at long term superheating, do get a coal bag.

If you happen to have 4k dungeoneering tokens, buying a coal bag seems to be quite useful for superheating mithrli+. With adamant, the amount of bars/bank went from 3 to 6. For mithril, it went from 4 to 8.

Oh, i completely forgot about the coal bag.

Problem is when superheating with it you will have 26 free spaces. so you have to bank 3 times to get a full invt + coal bag.

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

Only twice in most cases.

You get 53 spaces with a coal bag...

That's 17 iron and 34 coal for steels, 10 mith and 40 coal for mith, 7 addy and 42 coal for addy, and 5 rune and 40 coal for rune.

Efficiancy dictates to always do the most profitable action you can do, then buy the supplies you need.

For example, putting your kingdom on 10 herbs and 5 raw fish would be better, as it profits more ie you can buy more coal then if you had the kingdom collect coal.

Hence why unless you do double nats, better to go green drags and buy all supplies to fund your alchs instead of making your own.

So, no.

Only twice in most cases.

You get 53 spaces with a coal bag...

That's 17 iron and 34 coal for steels, 10 mith and 40 coal for mith, 7 addy and 42 coal for addy, and 5 rune and 40 coal for rune.

At the bank your inventory is nature and coal bag. Giving you 26 spots. Coal bag is 27. So take 26 coal into bag. Bank. Put one more into bag. Bank again for 1 ore.

That adds to 3 :)

Levon.png Bladewing.png

However, since none of the above figures actually add to the full 53, there's no need to bank once more for the extra ore ;)

The thing about superheating is there is a fine line between economic efficiency and time efficiency. I would argue that steel bars would likely be the best method to gain smith and mage exp. This is because you will be spending more time superheating and less time banking. With mith, you get 5 bars per inv, whereas with steel you get 9. Thats almost half the bars smelted per inventory. I wont say that you will make 50% less bars and exp, but I would think that you would get more exp per hour superheating steel due to the reduced time banking. Steel nets you about 70k mage and 25k smithing exp per hour. I am not sure what mithril will get you, but steel is definitely a good candidate. This is theory, because i simply havent superheated mith in years, but it wouldnt shock me for the numbers to support it.

Geesch.png

Geesch.png

Mith bars become more efficiant with a coal bag (10/17 is greater then 5/9).

Depends on how much you value smithing exp vs Mage exp.

Go with steel then, or iron If you're willing to lose more. I have an inkling steel would be more efficiant though.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for a bit of a bump on an oldish topic, but I'm still curious on whether or not the coal bag is actually worth using when superheating steel.

Right now it takes 3 bankings to get stuff for 17 bars opposed to only 1 for a set of 9 bars. In a group of 10 tests for each set-up (yeah yeah I know it's small sample size, but each test varied by at most 2 seconds and that could be attributed to my timing of the stopwatch), I averaged about 42 seconds for the 17 bars and only 20 for the 9 bars. So it takes more than double the time to do less than double the bars. Along with that, you have more room for misclicking since you're storing stuff in the coal bag and banking more.

My current invent and spellbook layout is setup so that the spell is placed as close as possible to the last iron so I can just spam clicks.

For the coal bag tests I have two random items as spacers:

1. Withdraw all coal

2. Store coal in bag

3. Withdraw 17 irons, all coal

4. Store coal

5. Withdraw all coal

6. Superheat

I have my bank filled up in both tests so I can use the deposit all function.

Can any one offer insights on whether or not my method is optimal? I haven't done tests with mithril or other ores, but it seems that the coal bag is actually detrimental to superheating.

I honestly wouldnt bother with a coal bag. When i superheat, my intent is to gain mage exp. As such, i superheat iron. I get about 100k mage exp an hour, and around 25k smithing exp. It costs me 92gp per bar, but the exp is worth it. Steel bars will get about 80k exp an hour, and should come closer to breaking even, at a loss of 20k exp an hour. If you want mage exp, superheat iron, if you want smith exp, smelt gold bars or superheat gold while mining in LRC - dont superheat in a bank for smithing exp.

Geesch.png

Geesch.png

I have a spreadsheet in my guide in sig

I do what ever is making least loss (nothing atm)

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂