Runescape + directx = 3D runescape finally!

joker2022

There are mainly 2 types of 3D.

Analgraph... which are the ones in this post. You could compare this as "analog" 3d for lack of a better term. This is your 1950's 3d technology poor color and ghosting.

The new 3D, is polarized light. This is your new 1080p 3d with no color loss, and does not hurt your eyes. This polarized set up will cost around $400 for the setup.

The low fi version is free, and is compatible with everything. The new version, you have to have the special 3d tv or monitor which emites polarized light.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can use the cross eyed trick when looking at the 3d pictures posted.

its crappy but works if you dont have a pair of glasses.

4e0Vn.png

All types of 3d cause eyestrain, some more than others.

The best system is a passive one in which two projectors project right and left images to the screen in vertical / horizontal polarizations. Universal Studios and Disney are known for using this for years. This is impractical for home use though.

The active 3d shutter glasses are horrible for your eyes, almost as bad as the red/blue filtered. Not to mention that staring at a computer screen is already bad for your eyes, using these 3d glasses makes it about 10x worse.

Its cool to see that it *can* be done... but I wouldn't recommend doing it for more than 10 minutes at a time. If you're under the age of ~25, you may screw up your eyes for the rest of your life. Make sure you keep the aspirin handy, you'll definitely get headaches from your eye strain.

To be completely honest, the only reason TV manufacturers are pushing 3d "technology" is because they've run out of things to sell. Until OLED technology becomes widely manufactured, I'd stay away from all this fuss.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪