Runescape + directx = 3D runescape finally!

joker2022

<Image>

Question: How do you get rid of the [bleep]ing wizard? Hint: shift + num * dosen't work. RS apparently eats all keyboard entry when it has focus. And I tried setting the default profile in the control panel to NOT show the wizard, but it STILL shows up. :rolleyes:

And yeah, I wish I had a moniter that could render in 3d, but I don't, so blue + cyan thing is all I can manage. Glad I kept those glasses from that godawful spy kids movie. :thumbup:

Edit: Wait, nevermind, java appeared at the bottom of the list apparently and the box was still checked. My bad. Anyway, pretty interesting playing games like Oblivion and Garry's Mod in 3D

Dude, I used my 3D glasses from my Spy Kids movie with that picture and it looks bad [wagon].

Found some different 3D glasses we had around the house and those worked. O_o

I really liked the look though. :P

How do you get it like that btw? Would like to try it out.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found the only way to get rid of the wizard is to have RS in full screen, then try to press N or such.

Also, for people asking how to do it?

Go here ( http://www.iz3d.com/driver ) and click to download the 1.10 release. Download and install it. Then open up the control center of it. Click on the tab on the left that says DirectX. On the dropdown menu for output, put it to 'Anaglyph (free)' and the box beside it at 'red/cyan'. Click apply. Make sure you've got the latest version of DirectX, and that you've got Runescape graphics to use DirectX. It should work then. If it doesn't show up, try reloading RS.

Anyone know where I might be able to get red/cyan glasses? D:

I know a few years ago some movies came with them, and you can buy them online, but I'd rather not buy online tbh.

I tried making my own with a video tutorial online and failed miserably. =\

I know a few years ago some movies came with them, and you can buy them online, but I'd rather not buy online tbh.

I tried using some glasses my mum got with the movie "Coraline", but those didnt work. (You could still see the red/cyan lines)

I gave up, but then went out and found some glasses that came with the movie "Spy Kids 3D" and those worked for some reason.

(Both are paper outcuts with red/cyan plastic in the eyes)

If you are willing to, it shouldnt really be hard to make some from scratch. :P

Yeah. Well I gotta say, the 3D is AMAZING in games like Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, dosen't even hurt my eyes much. RS? Not so much. Yeah you get a little depth perception, but RS is way too cartoony in the first place. And I can barely see the hitsplats because they're blue and red, which ends up being kinda "shiny". Total eye rape, tbh. IDK might be more worth it for RS if you actually own an iZ3D monitor and the glasses to go with it - then it will be more like the 3D you get in Avatar I believe.

Though I gotta say the red/cyan 3D is pretty hard to bear in Oblivion when you're actually in the realm of Oblivion. The whole place is red. Eugh.

How did you get the text wizard away? >.<

Its not going away even after checking off the box, and im not getting any red/cyan lines either, it just darkens everything.

I tried using some glasses my mum got with the movie "Coraline", but those didnt work. (You could still see the red/cyan lines)

I gave up, but then went out and found some glasses that came with the movie "Spy Kids 3D" and those worked for some reason.

(Both are paper outcuts with red/cyan plastic in the eyes)

If you are willing to, it shouldnt really be hard to make some from scratch. :P

I might have to look into going and buying that movie... What store did you get it from if you don't mind me asking?

And yeah, xD I've tried sharpie coloring it in, (a tut that I found where it actually works apparently, but not for me. D: ) I also tried printing it out on a plastic sheet. Still no go. D:

And as for the text wizard, I honestly just kept messing with it. I swear I've restarted RS about 30 times now, and restarted my computer a few times.

As for the wizard, once you start up RS, an entry should appear in your profiles called "java". Uncheck the show wizard box. Or possibly before you even start RS for the first time after installing the driver, uncheck the box in the default profile. As for it just darkening the screen, well it won't really do anything if you don't have an iZ3D monitor, on the driver's default setting. You need to set the output under the DirectX tab to Anaglyph - Red/Cyan.

And if you guys are going to run out and buy Spy Kids 3D just for the glasses, may I recommend destroying the DVD? :-P Unless you want some laughs.

Ok so after closing the program and starting it again, java came up in the drop down profiles.

Set that to not show wizard and then reloaded rs like 10 times while changing settings untill it finaly worked. :P

Its pretty fun running around with it on, but all red/blue items are rather hard to see.

Also, it was dark because of the wizard. Once that was removed it was normal lighting again.

Ooh, my graphics card supports stereoscopic 3D. Time to buy some 3D glasses.

And if you guys are going to run out and buy Spy Kids 3D just for the glasses, may I recommend destroying the DVD? :-P Unless you want some laughs.

You can buy them from eBay, also in bulk (I was thinking of buying 100 to make a 3D video for a school assignment).

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

I haven't really noticed any performance issues with Directx support.

lovepanda86.png
lovepanda86.png
--8727th person to achieve 99 Fishing on 8/19/2008--
--6012th person to achieve 99 Thieving on 10/12/2008--

R.I.P. October 31, 2013

lovepanda.png

99 Fletching 7/16/2015

I'm looking more forward to Tessellation as you can see here:

Which is present on the Runescape Dungeoneering trailer (and new water has been confirmed to be coming) this is why Jagex has added DX too if you ask me :P

The water in that trailer looks nothing like the tessellated water that nvidia's new 400's series can produce. Only two nvidia cards are capable of tessellation like that, the 470 and 480 ($350, and $500 respectively). Those are their only cards that support tessellation, which is an exclusive feature to DX 11 (none of the previous versions, even 10.1).

I don't know if Runescape is even written in DX11, and if it is, to utilize their amazing "tessellated water" that was shown in the trailer, one would need a DX 11 capable card. Either the GTX 470, GTX 480, or an ATI 5000's series card, most likely a high end.

The water looks like an upgrade, but does not even come close to what you linked to.

On a more on topic note, DirectX seems to slow down my computer considerably. I'll see how good it runs on Monday though, when my new parts from NewEgg show up, including a GTX 470 and the new AMD Black Edition Hexacore. :)

Big_Stingman.png

They do not support real D-3D glasses. I've already checked.

I also did some research on it, apparently real D-3D is only available to movie theatres and TV's/Computers don't have the capabilities yet to project those kinds of images.

And also there's a picture near the top of this page. :)

Yeah I saw a post about that on iZ3D boards, apparently RealD uses circular polarization while iZ3D monitors use linear polarization... whatever that means. But whatever, anaglyph is fine for games like Half Life 2 since thankfully there aren't so many bright colors in that game. Though it's a bit hard to see the explosive barrels at a distance sometimes :razz:

They do not support real D-3D glasses. I've already checked.

I also did some research on it, apparently real D-3D is only available to movie theatres and TV's/Computers don't have the capabilities yet to project those kinds of images.

And also there's a picture near the top of this page. :)

Oh damn... that would've been really awesome if it could be Real D-3D :/

And I can't see the image D:

It's broken here :thumbdown:

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

Well here's another screen shot, so far I think this has been the absolute most stunning 3D imagery I've gotten from RS. Nothing compared to watching a sunset outside the gates of the Imperial City, though.

[hide]mjwo7.png[/hide]

LOL yeah, if you think that's bad try playing on an ice floor in dungoneering with 3D. If the shiny blue environment dosen't kill your eyes, the hitsplats will. 3D really dosen't really compliment RuneScape well. Too many bright colors.

LOL yeah, if you think that's bad try playing on an ice floor in dungoneering with 3D. If the shiny blue environment dosen't kill your eyes, the hitsplats will. 3D really dosen't really compliment RuneScape well. Too many bright colors.

Agreed. I got too much 3D today with it ending in a major headache. :P

Some areas look really cool with 3D though, like the Zanaris picture. ^^

Lucky you, I got a headache after playing that one dung floor.

On the other hand, I've been switching off playing Oblivion and HL2/Garrysmod all day today, and not even a tinge. HL2 looks freakin' amazing in 3D.

I wish I could find a way to do it in Real D 3D tbh. D:

As long as they'd program it in, you need a silver screen monitor (Which are not available at the moment, the closest to this are the 3D ready silver screen Panasonic TVs which are 55" and 3mm thick). And the RealD glasses. But yeah, I'd like this too if I could get my hands on a monitor with a silver screen.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

Here is some more eye candy. Put your red and blue 3d glasses on before you look at this. THis is incredible.

I hope Jagex sees the hidden value in 3D and runs with this. They could be the first mmo to be in 3D.

3drune.jpg

If i could play runescape in 3d, i wouldn't play it for more than 20 minutes in one sitting. 3d is terrible for my eyes, i have trouble focusing after and i get headaches after extended periods of 3d. the only point of a true 3d runescape would be to wow your friends about 3d animation on the computer (that is, if your friends don't call you a loser for playing rs...)

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.