Castle Wars and Stealing Creation are BROKEN

Nomrombom

Congratulations, you answered absolutely nothing :]

Yet my post was not intended to answer anything, just to tell you how wrong you are.

Gratz on assuming things without experience! It's what people in the rants forum of the RSOF do best. #-o

I don't like your only explanation thus far, it implies that personal experiences apply to every related instance. A ranger can always pull out a crystal bow when a mage decides to far-cast. Also consider whether the ranger possessed a magic level equal to the mage's, chances are that splash frequency will greatly increase, especially if the mage is wearing pieces of stronger armor to compensate range defense for which an orthadox set has zero (excluding the arcane shield, which is obviously going to turn the tide a little, yet if the mage has an arcane shield, the ranger should have a spectral shield to be classified as a fair duel).

A mage has to go out of their way simply acquiring the means to defeat a ranger; even then, it is very circumstantial.

Also remember that I'm not talking solely about maxed out gameplay, there's more to combat than perfectly equipped lv99s duking it out. Relevant to the OPs initial rant, range is effective against mages, this is fact, use it.

CRYSTAL BOW LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everything you are saying looks like you tried to pull if off runescape wiki or runescape.com

Range defense on a mage should never be even close to zero, and I have over 140 range defense on 109 magic attack. The fact that I could wield an arcane and boost my magic attack by 20, wield an arcane stream necklace to hit 45+ with barrages, halve your attack speed, heal off you, and am overall far more accurate than you just proves magic is more superior.

A competent mage should never have to go out of their way to kill a ranger because range is incredibly weak. This is relavant to the OPs rant because low levels like you (generally) can't afford to use ancients in minigames with decent armor.

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you wonder why ancient mages do well, it's because of the overabundance of meleers. In castle wars, for example, about 95% of the team is only melee, and maybe 80% of them don't even carry dragonhide. Of course they're going to get massacred by magic. Want to beat a mage? Use range as at least part of your strategy. Running headfirst into ice barrage wearing rune is not the answer. Complaining afterwards isn't the answer either.

Lmfao. You fail insanely. Range is FAR WORSE when it comes to fighting mages. Especially in places like clan wars or fight pits where people with skill go.

I find it ridiculous that you're insulting skills you've never even trained. Do you think looking at other's experiences or stuff like that is good enough for you to draw an accurate conclusion of whether the skill is boring for you? Seriously, give them a try with an open mind, and you might find they're very different from what you thought they were.

I'm not saying your opinion is invalid; everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but without even trying the skills you say they suck? I just find that absurd.

Ignore this if you've tried the skills and trained them to a quite high level in other accounts.

Calling Dungeoneering a skill is a joke.

Stop attacking other posters with little to back up your opinion. You said nothing to justify range is worse than melee against mages even when it is a ridiculous claim.

if you hate dungeoneering as a skill so much, why don't fully concept something better instead of spreading hate.

There is tons of evidence to back up the fact that dungeoneering is not a skill and I have repeated it so many times to people I wonder how Jagex has brainwashed them.

Ridiculous claim? Lmfao. Come to dual arena with range and I will wreck you so hard with magic you will cry irl. WIth 99 range I know what it can do, and it can't do much.

I generally think that common knowledge need not be posted when I talk, but I was wrong because some people believe Jamflex when they say stuff like "Dungeoneering is a skill" and "Range defeats Magic"

Relying on what Jagex states is one of the worst things you can ever do. Just ask the KB and how many wrong entries have been placed on it.

Range hasn't gotten weapons that can overpower high level ancients (due to their effects).

Dungeoneering is a skill. Otherwise it wouldn't be wasting my weeks of tears of guthix.

Ummmmmm.....................

Not much to say.

If you want to find me in Runescape, my name is not applyapple. It is vetoscadiva.

Complain as you like about Jagex, but think about what they've done. How many MMORPG designers go around to creating as complex an in-game world as Jagex? They do need to get around to making a equipable knife, though.

With everyone's complaining about updates, it's amzing that there isn't a forum topic on the fact that the chat box says "You can't reach that" (as opposed to "I can't reach that!").

Range hasn't gotten weapons that can overpower high level ancients (due to their effects).

Dungeoneering is a skill. Otherwise it wouldn't be wasting my weeks of tears of guthix.

Well it is wasting your weeks of TOG because leveling this "Skill" has no affect on gameplay in the slightest.

And your first statement doesn't make sense.

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

Well it is wasting your weeks of TOG because leveling this "Skill" has no affect on gameplay in the slightest.

I'm level 60-65 in both ranged and magic.

It does have an effect on gameplay, just not a significant one.

Not much to say.

If you want to find me in Runescape, my name is not applyapple. It is vetoscadiva.

Complain as you like about Jagex, but think about what they've done. How many MMORPG designers go around to creating as complex an in-game world as Jagex? They do need to get around to making a equipable knife, though.

With everyone's complaining about updates, it's amzing that there isn't a forum topic on the fact that the chat box says "You can't reach that" (as opposed to "I can't reach that!").

Congratulations, you answered absolutely nothing :]

Yet my post was not intended to answer anything, just to tell you how wrong you are.

Gratz on assuming things without experience! It's what people in the rants forum of the RSOF do best. #-o

I don't like your only explanation thus far, it implies that personal experiences apply to every related instance. A ranger can always pull out a crystal bow when a mage decides to far-cast. Also consider whether the ranger possessed a magic level equal to the mage's, chances are that splash frequency will greatly increase, especially if the mage is wearing pieces of stronger armor to compensate range defense for which an orthadox set has zero (excluding the arcane shield, which is obviously going to turn the tide a little, yet if the mage has an arcane shield, the ranger should have a spectral shield to be classified as a fair duel).

A mage has to go out of their way simply acquiring the means to defeat a ranger; even then, it is very circumstantial.

Also remember that I'm not talking solely about maxed out gameplay, there's more to combat than perfectly equipped lv99s duking it out. Relevant to the OPs initial rant, range is effective against mages, this is fact, use it.

CRYSTAL BOW LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everything you are saying looks like you tried to pull if off runescape wiki or runescape.com

Range defense on a mage should never be even close to zero, and I have over 140 range defense on 109 magic attack. The fact that I could wield an arcane and boost my magic attack by 20, wield an arcane stream necklace to hit 45+ with barrages, halve your attack speed, heal off you, and am overall far more accurate than you just proves magic is more superior.

A competent mage should never have to go out of their way to kill a ranger because range is incredibly weak. This is relavant to the OPs rant because low levels like you (generally) can't afford to use ancients in minigames with decent armor.

You do realise that 'lols' and exaggeration does not make your arguement any more credible, neither does continually making belittling assumptions about other posters to play yourself up. The only reason magic has the upper hand at the moment is because it has been favoured by recent updates (why? because people whined about it being underpowered). There's no reason to dismiss the crystal bow; sacrificing 1-2 inventory slots to deal at least some damage as opposed to nothing. You're includeing zuriels+arcane in the equation, therefore the ranger has the right to use morrigans+spectral if you're testing based on the max power of each skill, which in essense is a stupid test because it hardly applies to the game as a whole. A maxed out mage is supposed to be a deadly force to anything; most of the power comes solely from the crippling effect of the miasmic spells. It does not allow for the general claim 'magic is more superior' ('more' was unnecessary, and a little contradictory because it implies that range is superior to melee - you've already suggested that melee is better than range. *thumbs up* for sodomisng the combat triangle).

140 range defense is not that large, its approximately the same as adamant plate. Is that supposed to be impressive?

What the hell do you think obtaining an arcane stream necklace is? Accumulating enough wealth for an arcane shield? Wasting money on zuriels staff? Enduring the tedium of mobilising armies for a seers ring (i) to slightly compensate for mixed gear? Endeavours of similar aim as the latter? Compared to a ranger's check-list I'd say thats going pretty damn far out of your way. Only a minority thinks if all of this is simple, way too much free time. Stop being judgemental.

Really, since having a high dung level without tokens is useless since you need tokens to buy things and you need more tokens than the 10:1 ratio gives you in xp making levels useless since at the "level" you "unlock" stuff you don't have enough tokens to buy that item.

65. Wow.

arcane_stew.png

Really, since having a high dung level without tokens is useless since you need tokens to buy things and you need more tokens than the 10:1 ratio gives you in xp making levels useless since at the "level" you "unlock" stuff you don't have enough tokens to buy that item.

65. Wow.

It is useless, but it is definetly a skill. A skill is nothing but a specific type of game mechanic, and dungeoneering fulfills the criteria.

Huh?

Not much to say.

65. Wow.

It is useless, but it is definetly a skill. A skill is nothing but a specific type of game mechanic, and dungeoneering fulfills the criteria.

Huh?

No skills have levels at which you unlock something and you can obtain that something and use it whenever you want, either by buying it, making it out of bought materials, or being a static influence on gameplay.

Dungeoneering does none of these things and instead acts as a minigame. In minigames you achieve tokens or some other minigame specific currency. When you obtain enough tokens you buy an item you want. If you want more of that item you have to play the minigame more to build up more currency.

Did I describe Dungeoneering perfectly?

On Topic:

This thread is pretty much closed. The OP is ranting because he/she can't afford to be an effective ancient mage.

arcane_stew.png

65. Wow.

Huh?

No skills have levels at which you unlock something and you can obtain that something and use it whenever you want, either by buying it, making it out of bought materials, or being a static influence on gameplay.

Dungeoneering does none of these things and instead acts as a minigame. In minigames you achieve tokens or some other minigame specific currency. When you obtain enough tokens you buy an item you want. If you want more of that item you have to play the minigame more to build up more currency.

On Topic:

This thread is pretty much closed. The OP is ranting because he/she can't afford to be an effective ancient mage.

Correction:

1. Dungeoneering is a skill because it was released as a skill. An experiment to break the player upheld definition of a skill to allow for further innovation in the future. Just because it is strikingly similar to mini-games doesn't mean it isn't a skill. Look at slayer, its identical to most quests in other mmos, yet we accept it as a skill, being just an extension on combat. It too has points you can spend on related rewards.

2. You can't declare when a thread is closed, only the OP can do that. (or if its locked by a mod XP)

3. The OP is not ranting about not being able to afford the usage of ancient magic (yet another belittling assumption), the rant is about being annoyed at how ancient mages have a distinct upper hand in minigames. We answered that it was best to level up and counter them with range, then you came in and started boasting that simply due to the possibility of magic easily defeating anything with the right gear/circumstance that it is automatically superior to everything else; all you're saying is 'stop crying, you got owned because you deserved it for being a noob'. How is that constructive?

65. Wow.

Huh?

On Topic:

Correction:

1. Dungeoneering is a skill because it was released as a skill. An experiment to break the (rather boring tbh) player upheld definition of a skill to allow for further innovation in the future.

2. You can't declare when a thread is closed, only the OP can do that. Superiority complex?

3. The OP is not ranting about not being able to afford the usage of ancient magic (yet another belittling assumption), the rant is about being annoyed at how ancient mages have a distinct upper hand in minigames. We answered that it was best to level up and counter them with range, then you came in and started boasting that simply due to the possibility of magic easily defeating anything with the right gear/circumstance that it is automatically superior to everything else; which doesn't contribute anything to the premise of this thread at all.

1. Then we should make FOG, CW, SC, and others a skill. OK.

EDIT: Just because someone says something doesn't make it so. If I call a cat a dog does that make it so? No. The same applies for Jagex. Cats and dogs are classified by certain characteristics, and that is how Dungeoneering is aswell.

2. L? When the OP doesn't post and the posts go OT so much, a thread is pretty much closed.

3. It does because if you are ranting about how ancients own you, go get ancients. Unlike melee, magic doesn't raise your combat level so leveling it has no undesirable affects.

Magic is also just as good, if not better than melee ( I haven't really been able to test this) in Dungeoneering, which is a minigame.

arcane_stew.png

65. Wow.

Huh?

On Topic:

Correction:

1. Dungeoneering is a skill because it was released as a skill. An experiment to break the (rather boring tbh) player upheld definition of a skill to allow for further innovation in the future.

2. You can't declare when a thread is closed, only the OP can do that. Superiority complex?

3. The OP is not ranting about not being able to afford the usage of ancient magic (yet another belittling assumption), the rant is about being annoyed at how ancient mages have a distinct upper hand in minigames. We answered that it was best to level up and counter them with range, then you came in and started boasting that simply due to the possibility of magic easily defeating anything with the right gear/circumstance that it is automatically superior to everything else; which doesn't contribute anything to the premise of this thread at all.

EDIT: Just because someone says something doesn't make it so. If I call a cat a dog does that make it so? No. The same applies for Jagex. Cats and dogs are classified by certain characteristics, and that is how Dungeoneering is aswell.

2. L? When the OP doesn't post and the posts go OT so much, a thread is pretty much closed.

3. It does because if you are ranting about how ancients own you, go get ancients. Unlike melee, magic doesn't raise your combat level so leveling it has no undesirable affects.

Magic is also just as good, if not better than melee ( I haven't really been able to test this) in Dungeoneering, which is a minigame.

Again...?

1. RS is jagex's creation, they are the god, they can do whatever the hell they like. Your analogy holds little ground in the virtual world.

The other minigames arn't skills because they arn't skills, simple as that, jagex could have made it so but they diddn't.

2. Despite the OPs inactivity, you cannot claim their thread to be closed. What are you going to do if he starts posting again? Tell him to shut up because you closed this thread already?

3. So your logic is: to beat ancients... use ancients? Quite an effective stratedgy -.= Easily outclasses ranging wouldn't you say?

Though there is some logic to that advice, since raising ones magic level is key to defending against a mage. Combat magic is avoided by low-mid players because it's such an unnecessary drain on their funds. You can't tell people to get rich and use magic... 'easier said than done' comes to mind, especially since magic sucks pretty hard without the top equipment.

65. Wow.

Huh?

On Topic:

65. Wow.

Huh?

On Topic:

Correction:

The actual definition of a skill is a game mechanic in which you become better as it as you use the skill, allowing access to more usage.

Dungeoneering can only really be used in daemonheim, but you gain more potential there as your level increases.

As your level increases, you can get more tokens in less time.

Not much to say.

Again...?

1. RS is jagex's creation, they are the god, they can do whatever the hell they like. Your analogy holds little ground in the virtual world.

The other minigames arn't skills because they arn't skills, simple as that, jagex could have made it so but they diddn't.

2. Despite the OPs inactivity, you cannot claim their thread to be closed. What are you going to do if he starts posting again? Tell him to shut up because you closed this thread already?

3. So your logic is: to beat ancients... use ancients? Quite an effective stratedgy -.= Easily outclasses ranging wouldn't you say?

Though there is some logic to that advice, since raising ones magic level is key to defending against a mage. Combat magic is avoided by low-mid players because it's such an unnecessary drain on their funds. You can't tell people to get rich and use magic... 'easier said than done' comes to mind, especially since magic sucks pretty hard without the top equipment.

1. I'm sorry but your logic train has derailed. No matter who says it, even the makers of the game, if the facts disprove their statement, they are wrong.

2. What would he post lol? "OMFG YOUR SUGGESTION TO USE MAGIC DOESNT WORK CAUSE I AM TEH POORS"

3. Everything sucks without top equipment LOL (except maybe melee)

I can tell the OP whatever I want because when I was a nub like him I thought the same thing about ancients. Then I figured out that if I get ancients I will pwn too!

The actual definition of a skill is a game mechanic in which you become better as it as you use the skill, allowing access to more usage.

Dungeoneering can only really be used in daemonheim, but you gain more potential there as your level increases.

Kind of like how if your combat increases then you gain more FOG tokens in less time?

All SKILLS have a REAL FUNCTION BASED ON YOUR LEVEL INGAME. Dung however, does not.

arcane_stew.png

That's because there arn't any dungeoneering quests yet. XP

Although, dungeoneering's function in the wider game are the rewards themselves, the rewards are technically the spoils of raiding dungeons (much like the rewards of hunting are animal pelts etc). Dungeoneering has an output which can be used to assist other skills, you'll find this is common amoung all non-combat skills. Whereas minigames tend to have an output of pure experience or useless decorative items (with some exceptions).

Again...?

1. I'm sorry but your logic train has derailed. No matter who says it, even the makers of the game, if the facts disprove their statement, they are wrong.

2. What would he post lol? "OMFG YOUR SUGGESTION TO USE MAGIC DOESNT WORK CAUSE I AM TEH POORS"

3. Everything sucks without top equipment LOL (except maybe melee)

I can tell the OP whatever I want because when I was a nub like him I thought the same thing about ancients. Then I figured out that if I get ancients I will pwn too!

Kind of like how if your combat increases then you gain more FOG tokens in less time?

All SKILLS have a REAL FUNCTION BASED ON YOUR LEVEL INGAME. Dung however, does not.

Excepting the fact that it is possible to train combat outside of FoG, yes.

Once again, the rewards are a real function-they require specific levels to get.

Not much to say.

Thread has certainly gone off on a tangent since I last saw :shock:

Um....

Well, I got off my lazy [wagon] and finally finished the quests needed for DT, got 70 mage, and then did it. A lot easier than I thought it would be, in fact, it's probably not even in the top 10 hardest quests.

Spent a large amount of money on deaths and chaos runes, went over to Cwars, and played a few games by spamming ice burst until I was out of runes. It's a lot of fun, but people (of course) referred to me as "that damned ancient farcaster." I agreed with them and told them I knew what I was doing was pretty annoying, but I did it anyway. Luckily for them, it costs over a thousand GP per cast :blink: even with a water staff. Not gonna be spamming thousands of those any time soon...

Also, I consider Dung. a minigame. Not only does it use the currency system of minigames, but it also trains like a minigame. No other skill incorporates other skills as REQUIREMENTS into itself. Except HP I guess, which is an entirely different thing.

PM me for fitocracy invite

Thread has certainly gone off on a tangent since I last saw :shock:

Um....

Well, I got off my lazy [wagon] and finally finished the quests needed for DT, got 70 mage, and then did it. A lot easier than I thought it would be, in fact, it's probably not even in the top 10 hardest quests.

Spent a large amount of money on deaths and chaos runes, went over to Cwars, and played a few games by spamming ice burst until I was out of runes. It's a lot of fun, but people (of course) referred to me as "that damned ancient farcaster." I agreed with them and told them I knew what I was doing was pretty annoying, but I did it anyway. Luckily for them, it costs over a thousand GP per cast :blink: even with a water staff. Not gonna be spamming thousands of those any time soon...

Also, I consider Dung. a minigame. Not only does it use the currency system of minigames, but it also trains like a minigame. No other skill incorporates other skills as REQUIREMENTS into itself. Except HP I guess, which is an entirely different thing.

Someone brought up dungeoneering and it's an interesting debate.

As for DT, the most worthwhile reward for it was the magic xp. The only ancient spell where it's advantages are worth the extra runes is its home teleport.

That is a point, about how it incorporates other skills into itself. One of the few logical "dungeoneering is a minigame" arguments.

Not much to say.

That's because there arn't any dungeoneering quests yet. XP

Although, dungeoneering's function in the wider game are the rewards themselves, the rewards are technically the spoils of raiding dungeons (much like the rewards of hunting are animal pelts etc). Dungeoneering has an output which can be used to assist other skills, you'll find this is common amoung all non-combat skills. Whereas minigames tend to have an output of pure experience or useless decorative items (with some exceptions).

When you get 85 slayer you can kill demons for whips whenever you want once you have hit that level.

The above is a skill

You don't have to reach that value again to buy a whip in tokens if you lose the one you bought at "level" 85. <Dungeoneering-FOG-Castle wars- Like every minigame

The above is a minigame.

That is a point, about how it incorporates other skills into itself. One of the few logical "dungeoneering is a minigame" arguments.

And among the other things that can't be refuted....

EDIT: @ OP

Good stuff is expensive, unless you are melee.

arcane_stew.png

We're obviously never going to persuade each other, so lets' just accept that dungeoneering is a hybrid of both.

the common arguement against the 'dungeoneering is a minigame' argument is along the lines of 'so what'. You can't admit for a second you're being a little pedantic? I know that the reason most people complain about the minigameness is because they've been provoked by a RAGEing steam-roller. Honestly, what is the benefit in changing dungeoneering from being a skill? Theres no real problem being addressed, any current issues with dungeoneering can be fixed by minor updates. No need to revamp it completely.

Not to mention the people who have/are close to obtaining the skillcape.

It would give me the satisfaction of Jagex finally admiting they were wrong.

And If it is to remain a skill it needs some major overhauls.

On Topic:

This is the definition of hybriding mage.

It also shows how overpowered ancient curses are :D (especially low def)

arcane_stew.png

It would give me the satisfaction of Jagex finally admiting they were wrong.

And If it is to remain a skill it needs some major overhauls.

On Topic:

This is the definition of hybriding mage.

It also shows how overpowered ancient curses are :D (especially low def)

Posting on these forums will never make Jagex admit anything to you.

Curses take a lot of work to get......

Way more than ancient magics.

Not much to say.

Finally there is another use for high level prayer training :smile:

What was the first use?

Not much to say.

Yeah, mate, people who have done Desert Treasure are allowed to use Ancients, and hey, they want to win to.

And I'm a self player, mainly cause of people like you.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod