Castle Wars and Stealing Creation are BROKEN

Nomrombom

In both games, what is the ONE FACTOR that wins the ENTIRE game?

High level ancients mages.

Whichever team has more, wins. Pretty much 95% of the time, this is true. And [bleep]ing christ is it annoying.

Just trying to get some SC points so you can level your smithing a little faster? PK'D NOOB U SUK LOL ANCIENTS FTW TEHE

They're pompous [wagon] who feel like they should be able to just ruin a game for you so they can get ten xp.

And in Cwars, if you have say ten ancienters - you win. Done and done. Ice barrage and everyone's [bleep]ed.

And yeah, DT is difficult and takes a long time and has a lot of high level requirements, but it doesn't change the fact that both these minigames are broken to pieces because of them.

And in SC, the people that just sit and craft runes and don't help the team? Don't make pickaxes for players to use? Don't lend clay so others can help the team? Who just focus on personal points?

[bleep] YOU. PLAY THE DAMN GAME.

PM me for fitocracy invite

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

omfg people who trained hard are better Y O Y.

And you get team points from crafting runes stfu and go play a FPS.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Whichever team has more, wins. Pretty much 95% of the time, this is true. And [bleep]ing christ is it annoying.

Just trying to get some SC points so you can level your smithing a little faster? PK'D NOOB U SUK LOL ANCIENTS FTW TEHE

They're pompous [wagon] who feel like they should be able to just ruin a game for you so they can get ten xp.

And in Cwars, if you have say ten ancienters - you win. Done and done. Ice barrage and everyone's [bleep]ed.

And yeah, DT is difficult and takes a long time and has a lot of high level requirements, but it doesn't change the fact that both these minigames are broken to pieces because of them.

And in SC, the people that just sit and craft runes and don't help the team? Don't make pickaxes for players to use? Don't lend clay so others can help the team? Who just focus on personal points?

DT is anything but difficult. Easily done around cl 75.

In SC, the trick is to avoid the enemy and skill, then deposit anything you get.

Pickpocketing ancients can be fun too :)

Ummmmmm.....................

Not much to say.

If you want to find me in Runescape, my name is not applyapple. It is vetoscadiva.

Complain as you like about Jagex, but think about what they've done. How many MMORPG designers go around to creating as complex an in-game world as Jagex? They do need to get around to making a equipable knife, though.

With everyone's complaining about updates, it's amzing that there isn't a forum topic on the fact that the chat box says "You can't reach that" (as opposed to "I can't reach that!").

Funny thing about SC. Go on the forums, and look for non-combat SC. If your just playing it for point, it works a hell of a lot better then doing SC with combat. And this is coming from someone with 97 mage.

That being said, SC with barrage is a hell of a lot more fun imo.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

The point of having high levels and expencive items is using them. You think people should just not use what they have because you don't like it?

Perhaps people, you know, want to enjoy themself? I barrage in castlewars, bring all 3 combat styles, and use good gear. It costs me gp, and in return I have fun contributing to my team. I guess that's just not fair for you right? I mean, how dare someone not let you win? The nerve of me!

Playing a game isn't arrogant; expecting people to sit back and do nothing because you'll cry if you lose is.

Ancients is nothing armadyl and some well-placed baricades can't handle. If YOU can't play properly that's YOUR fault.

Earlier you were whining about people doing nothing but barraging and earning fewer points; now you're whining about people who just focus on getting points. People are free to play how they wish.

quit

Yes, but since BOTH teams can get players with ancients and ANY player has the potential to unlock and use ancients, it seems pretty fair to me.

Yes, but since BOTH teams can get players with ancients and ANY player has the potential to unlock and use ancients, it seems pretty fair to me.

How many FAIR games have you seen?

I haven't seen a single one. It's always one team that dominates, spawn raping the other players and winning easily. It COULD be fair, but it rarely is. Why? I don't know.

My rant being picked to pieces, I over exaggerated quite a bit, which still does not change the fact that CW and SC are heinously slanted towards ancienters.

:mellow:

Get stronger.

Retired High Leader of the Great Titans

linesig3bv2.jpg

DK: Dragon axe x55, Zerker x40, Warrior x44

GWD: Bandos hilt x2,Bandos plate x8,Bandos tassets x3, Bandos boots x 2, Armadyl helm x2, Armadyl hilt x1, Saradomin sword x3

Dragon drops: d chain x3, d left half x3, d legs x4, d skirt x2, d claws x6

I haven't seen a single one. It's always one team that dominates, spawn raping the other players and winning easily. It COULD be fair, but it rarely is. Why? I don't know.

Because the ancienters are smart enough to organize. It's easy to see why, since they naturally would think that if they banded together, they'd do better than fighting each other.

You can do the same.

Because the ancienters are smart enough to organize. It's easy to see why, since they naturally would think that if they banded together, they'd do better than fighting each other.

You can do the same.

I know that, zaaps, I'm not THAT stupid :smile:

But aren't the teams supposed to be even since you can't join a team if it's going to make it uneven in levels? How does one team manage over 3,000 levels over the other team?

You can do the same.

I know that, zaaps, I'm not THAT stupid :smile:

But aren't the teams supposed to be even since you can't join a team if it's going to make it uneven in levels? How does one team manage over 3,000 levels over the other team?

Well, what type of explanation do you want? :s

The system isn't perfect, it's just a machine. You can't expect it to be a perfect teammaker. :\

My rant being picked to pieces, I over exaggerated quite a bit, which still does not change the fact that CW and SC are heinously slanted towards ancienters.

You'll live. Until the flamers come along.

Strong people gang up. Nothing else to say.

Not much to say.

If you want to find me in Runescape, my name is not applyapple. It is vetoscadiva.

Complain as you like about Jagex, but think about what they've done. How many MMORPG designers go around to creating as complex an in-game world as Jagex? They do need to get around to making a equipable knife, though.

With everyone's complaining about updates, it's amzing that there isn't a forum topic on the fact that the chat box says "You can't reach that" (as opposed to "I can't reach that!").

If you wonder why ancient mages do well, it's because of the overabundance of meleers. In castle wars, for example, about 95% of the team is only melee, and maybe 80% of them don't even carry dragonhide. Of course they're going to get massacred by magic. Want to beat a mage? Use range as at least part of your strategy. Running headfirst into ice barrage wearing rune is not the answer. Complaining afterwards isn't the answer either.

Disclaimer: The above is probably inaccurate.

the_zephyrus.png

Almost every game i play is extremely close with the occasional blowouts. Your just [cabbage] out of luck.

ChosenZamrok.png

If you wonder why ancient mages do well, it's because of the overabundance of meleers. In castle wars, for example, about 95% of the team is only melee, and maybe 80% of them don't even carry dragonhide. Of course they're going to get massacred by magic. Want to beat a mage? Use range as at least part of your strategy. Running headfirst into ice barrage wearing rune is not the answer. Complaining afterwards isn't the answer either.

Quite true.

What with all this flaming of ancient-ers - look - the rest of the RuneScape world is being dominated by melee. Just as badly.

It is inaccurate. Dragonhide doesn't save you from high level ancients.

Not much to say.

your just pretty much whining becuase you dont know what to do wen u see like 10 ancient guys in cw or sc

wen i play sc and there ancienters at my base i can usually take them all out and then be able to survive that

all you have to do rly is figure what weakness they have and what not and i know it seems hard to think up of a

good plan but usually u can stick to it

try to find a group of like 6 pple

(2 rangers 2 melees and 2 magers)

and make sure you guys are prepared at all times

Edited by ihavedinner247

The once was a mexican called pepsi,

Or maybe it's just he had Hep C,

He was a pretty cool bro,

Bros generally are you know,

He hailed from the land of 'taters,

He was known to hate many-a-hater,

He likes a girl named Lacey,

His thoughts about her are kind of racy,

And also his dad likes to [rooster].

Get stronger.

This.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

He's somewhat right that in SC 90% of the time, you will have an imbalanced outcome where there are 5 ancienters camping your base + a few meleeers helping them. There's nothing you can do about that tbh (even me at 138 combat), unless you were lucky enough to stay out of their sight while gearing up, and stay out of their sight the whole time.

Not when you melee. Hides will make the mage miss quite often, but eventually you do still get immobilized. The point is to use hides and range, so that while the mage is splashing most of the time, your arrows/bolts are completely accurate, because a mage has minimal range defense. The more accurate statement would be, dragonhide alone doesn't save you from mages. Good thing too, or melee would be even more dominant being able to wear hides carelessly.

Of course, your own stats factor into the equation. A 99 mage will freeze a level 70 wearing just about anything, just like 99 attack will hit the same level 70, again in just about anything.

Anyway, about SC, what I usually see is a reasonable amount of good fighters on both sides. What often happens, though, is they wander aimlessly on one team, while someone on the other team has organized a decent PK party to spawn camp with. The first team could easily have done the same with teamwork.

Disclaimer: The above is probably inaccurate.

the_zephyrus.png

Not when you melee. Hides will make the mage miss quite often, but eventually you do still get immobilized. The point is to use hides and range, so that while the mage is splashing most of the time, your arrows/bolts are completely accurate, because a mage has minimal range defense. The more accurate statement would be, dragonhide alone doesn't save you from mages. Good thing too, or melee would be even more dominant being able to wear hides carelessly.

Of course, your own stats factor into the equation. A 99 mage will freeze a level 70 wearing just about anything, just like 99 attack will hit the same level 70, again in just about anything.

Anyway, about SC, what I usually see is a reasonable amount of good fighters on both sides. What often happens, though, is they wander aimlessly on one team, while someone on the other team has organized a decent PK party to spawn camp with. The first team could easily have done the same with teamwork.

True. I just wish I had people on my team that would listen to me.

They had a stronger team and/or strategy, and therefore they win. Get over it. If YOU want to win, get stronger and have a better strategy.

One man can't take on an army.

Not much to say.