Castle Wars and Stealing Creation are BROKEN

Nomrombom

Maybe instead of concluding that magics need to be made less effective, perhaps you should reevaluate the strategy of "rushing" them with a dagger and no armor.

I don't rush them so I can kill them. That's a secondary goal.

What needs reworking to become fair is that it needs to be easier to avoid an ancient attacking you in the first place.

No, its already easy enough to avoid them. Use your surroundings.

But if you run into those REALLY high level tank mages at castle wars, then count yourself unlucky, and stay away from them next time.

In stealing creation, there are no surroundings that will allow you to be effective when near an ancient.

Then you obviously have never played stealing creation, or don't know how to play it right.

Theres a thing called FOG, which allows you to hide, and stay in there until the mage gets tired of waiting and leaves. OR god forbid you step in fog, you can build barriers, stand near a kiln for temporary protection, and if all else fails, STAY in your base and don't rush out there like idiots.

You can't do anything while in fog.

Of course you can't do anything in the fog, which is why we call it HIDING.

Also, you can pickpocket people 1 sq away while you stand in the outer edge of the fog.

I've always seen fog as a waste of time, but to each his own.

Ummmmmm.....................

Not much to say.

If you want to find me in Runescape, my name is not applyapple. It is vetoscadiva.

Complain as you like about Jagex, but think about what they've done. How many MMORPG designers go around to creating as complex an in-game world as Jagex? They do need to get around to making a equipable knife, though.

With everyone's complaining about updates, it's amzing that there isn't a forum topic on the fact that the chat box says "You can't reach that" (as opposed to "I can't reach that!").

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe instead of concluding that magics need to be made less effective, perhaps you should reevaluate the strategy of "rushing" them with a dagger and no armor.

What needs reworking to become fair is that it needs to be easier to avoid an ancient attacking you in the first place.

But if you run into those REALLY high level tank mages at castle wars, then count yourself unlucky, and stay away from them next time.

In stealing creation, there are no surroundings that will allow you to be effective when near an ancient.

Then you obviously have never played stealing creation, or don't know how to play it right.

Theres a thing called FOG, which allows you to hide, and stay in there until the mage gets tired of waiting and leaves. OR god forbid you step in fog, you can build barriers, stand near a kiln for temporary protection, and if all else fails, STAY in your base and don't rush out there like idiots.

Melee is far superior in fog....

You are aware we're talking about stealing creation, right?

Yea i skipped all the other posts and assumed you meant FOG

soz

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

Melee is far superior in fog....

You are aware we're talking about stealing creation, right?

Yea i skipped all the other posts and assumed you meant FOG

soz

Kinda figured. It's no problem.

Ummmmmm.....................

Not much to say.

If you want to find me in Runescape, my name is not applyapple. It is vetoscadiva.

Complain as you like about Jagex, but think about what they've done. How many MMORPG designers go around to creating as complex an in-game world as Jagex? They do need to get around to making a equipable knife, though.

With everyone's complaining about updates, it's amzing that there isn't a forum topic on the fact that the chat box says "You can't reach that" (as opposed to "I can't reach that!").

I see. Agility isn't really too terrible, just boring for me. RCing I just hate. Cons can be fun but it's way more expensive than it's worth and grinding it is horrible. Summoning just takes a long [wagon] time and we got along fine without it before....

Let me introduce you to a friend of mine called Juna. Juna says she likes low level skills.

O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O

Now that I've actually tried Ice barraging in sc (21 kills 0 deaths :razz: ), I realized that it's not as overpowered as many think. Most of the time, my runes either get stolen, or i get piled and have to retreat. I get like around 5 legit kills a game, meaning kills on other pkers (mages or not), and the others are just picking off random 1 itemers/ skillers.

If you stick with your team, and don`t run off alone to find better clay unprepared, you`d be fine. Most of the times, I just camp their base with my team, only occasionally hunting for roamers. Just 3 mins ago, I tanked a team of 4 mages and a ranger for a solid 5 mins or so on c4 armour. So yeah, ancients not as overpowered as you think.

Now, if you have ever played against a team that rushes with a c5 dag for the entire game, starting at around 16:00, then you`ll be really frustrated.

Staurolite.png

Now that I've actually tried Ice barraging in sc (21 kills 0 deaths :razz: ), I realized that it's not as overpowered as many think. Most of the time, my runes either get stolen, or i get piled and have to retreat. I get like around 5 legit kills a game, meaning kills on other pkers (mages or not), and the others are just picking off random 1 itemers/ skillers.

If you stick with your team, and don`t run off alone to find better clay unprepared, you`d be fine. Most of the times, I just camp their base with my team, only occasionally hunting for roamers. Just 3 mins ago, I tanked a team of 4 mages and a ranger for a solid 5 mins or so on c4 armour. So yeah, ancients not as overpowered as you think.

Now, if you have ever played against a team that rushes with a c5 dag for the entire game, starting at around 16:00, then you`ll be really frustrated.

Well for starters Range sucks in almost every mini game, this one is no exception.

Magic is terrible in SC because Jamflex nerfed all of the freeze times and made it possible to pickpocket runes.

Melee is way overpowered, you just get a C5 Dagger and suicide the other team.

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

Despite the ancients debate, you can't deny the fact castle wars catapults are completely wiping the floor with the middle area (well any area the catapult can be used really). Many people have had to resort to going underground now because usually over half the people on both teams now just camp at the catapult.

I have only seen a few flags being brought to the castle via the mid-level field. The rest I have seen now go underground because the odds of surviving are much higher than being ko'ed on the mid-level playing field by flying rocks of epic pwnage. Sure the catapult is great for getting most kills cape, but it definitely needs revising. Half a team shouldn't camp at one particular spot because it does more damage. It also ruins most of the fun.

I remember the old days of castle wars when I actually trained range, and used crystal bows. It was great, there was hardly ever a time I didn't have an enemy to attack. These days I'd be lucky to see 1-3 people I can attack. I know it's not just me. Anyways that's my 2 cents about the catapults.

2vuhgcn.png

Well for starters Range sucks in almost every mini game, this one is no exception.

Magic is terrible in SC because Jamflex nerfed all of the freeze times and made it possible to pickpocket runes.

Exactly, especially when the other team is determined to 1 item for the entire game, they each get a dagger by 18:00 and start rushing your base. It's way worse than when the ancient mages come 8 minutes later.

Staurolite.png

Exactly, especially when the other team is determined to 1 item for the entire game, they each get a dagger by 18:00 and start rushing your base. It's way worse than when the ancient mages come 8 minutes later.

because even if you kill them they keep on coming back. Reminds me of zombies tbh

arcane_stew.png

My rant being picked to pieces, I over exaggerated quite a bit, which still does not change the fact that CW and SC are heinously slanted towards ancienters.

:mellow:

Get stronger.

LOL there was a quote on that i saw somwhere...from a J mod says somthing like:

In any MMO the battle for stuff the strongest always win, get stronger or go somwhere else.. Somtihng like that.

ANyhow ye, get anicets or find a differnet game those ppl are not gonig anywhere just caue i don't like them lol

I don't know which mod did this. I don't know why they did it. If they're looking for money, I can tell them I don't have any as I'm a student. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over 4 years of RuneScape. Skills that I have worked hard for and people like them can't take them away. If they give me my particles back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and they won't like what'll happen

lurl i dint reda any mor of the post than lik 1 an a haf pages so idn tht OP get ancints an othr pople argumnts

Idiot. Learn some grammar and spelling, and read all the posts since things and opinion quite often change over seven pages of a topic :roll:

PM me for fitocracy invite

Despite the ancients debate, you can't deny the fact castle wars catapults are completely wiping the floor with the middle area (well any area the catapult can be used really). Many people have had to resort to going underground now because usually over half the people on both teams now just camp at the catapult.

I have only seen a few flags being brought to the castle via the mid-level field. The rest I have seen now go underground because the odds of surviving are much higher than being ko'ed on the mid-level playing field by flying rocks of epic pwnage. Sure the catapult is great for getting most kills cape, but it definitely needs revising. Half a team shouldn't camp at one particular spot because it does more damage. It also ruins most of the fun.

I remember the old days of castle wars when I actually trained range, and used crystal bows. It was great, there was hardly ever a time I didn't have an enemy to attack. These days I'd be lucky to see 1-3 people I can attack. I know it's not just me. Anyways that's my 2 cents about the catapults.

They really do need to be balanced.

PM me for fitocracy invite

I have to agree with this.

My ancient mage is a pitiful level compared to many, but i can take out loads of people who are higher leveled just by ice bursting the fkers.

That being said, the main reason its so powerful is because everyones in a team, thus they all get bursted. Plus no one seems to have a high range level to shoot you down.

That being said, steal there runes... Its very effective.

---------------------------------------------------------------

As for castle wars, well they deserve to kick ass, do you have any idea how much it costs to use Ancients in CW?

Its fun as all hell, but i can tell you from experience it leaves a hole in your pocket. Ive spent over 3 million in CW ancients, and thats really only for a couple of hours of fun.

O.O

I hate ice barrager people in Stealing Creation too, leaving me few points to buy morphic tool. PVP not fun, getting fast skill xp is fun. I give up on it, but I joined clan that forbid combat, i get more points for morphic tool so noncombat more fun for me.

Hacked 10 years old account, permamently quit if Jagex doesn't return items.

ventuzz.png