Defense xp: AZs or slayer

Knitewulf

Well I am going to attempt and go for 99 defense and I was just wondering are Armored Zombies good xp/hr or is it not even that much of a noticeable difference to slayer and I should just continue slayer. Which one?

stats:

Attack:73

Strength:74

Defense:91

Slayer: 80

61,358th to 99 range on May 23rd, 2010.

100,927th to 99 def on February 13th, 2011.

pigeons.png

Relics.png

only slay if you are going to raise str and att a bit first (the extra lvls make a difference), as you raise slayer the harder tasks are more common and therefore you will recieving slower exp rates compared with AZs.

pilipod.png

Well I'm going for 99 defense too and I did 84 to 96 with slayer and got 16 slayer lvls.

Currently 96 def and 80 slayer and I'm just going to slay till 99.

Why not use slayer? You train 3 skills all the time (def, hp and slay) and you can gain some extra cash.

I've got 71 attack and 80 strength and I can easily hit almost every monster.

If you think you don't hit enough, bring a super attack potion.

Epicapple.png

Epicapple.png

Well I'm going for 99 defense too and I did 84 to 96 with slayer and got 16 slayer lvls.

Currently 96 def and 80 slayer and I'm just going to slay till 99.

Why not use slayer? You train 3 skills all the time (def, hp and slay) and you can gain some extra cash.

I've got 71 attack and 80 strength and I can easily hit almost every monster.

If you think you don't hit enough, bring a super attack potion.

Well you should always use super attack/str potions anyway, as they cost less than 10k/hour. Armoured Zombies would definitely be better XP/hour, probably better charm/hour (you get a lot of blues there), and probably better profit/hour (an inventory of ranarrs/high level herbs/high level noted logs takes around 30 mins from what I remember). Oh I also used to be a maxed tank, it sucks. You're missing out on a lot of potential gameplay (boss hunting) by not training attack and strength.

EDIT: Congratulations on 99 range, nearly 60,000 people have reached 99 since I got it. :blink:

^ that's if he pvps.

armoured zombies is 65k without piety and 80k with (might be a bit higher). slayer i usually get 9k-15k xp/h so 36k-60k. those rates are with maxed melee though :/.

Well I am pvping.

Thanks for everyones help :). I'll probably get my def somewhere from 92-94. Whether I use AZs or Slayer I still need to decide >.<. Either have fun and get drops or get slightly better xp.

edit: Thank you nightshade :)

61,358th to 99 range on May 23rd, 2010.

100,927th to 99 def on February 13th, 2011.

pigeons.png

Relics.png

I say go for slayer because you get slayer exp and summoning exp along the way and in the end you gonna want to train those stats anyway so its like (random phrase alert) knocking down 2 birds... correction 3 birds with 1 stone. Plus your not rly focusing on the exp but instead finishing the task so it goes alot faster. I've been slaying from 78def to 97 def which i just got recently if you look at my sig and it rly is awesome :thumbsup:

quite profitable too :D

Crybaby111.png

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest;

Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

- Confucius