Help with a Rather Freaky Phenomena

TTanT

This just ahppened to my girlfriend (let's call her 'Amber'), and it's freaking us both out a little.

Backstory: Amber has had hallucinations before, generally during the Summer. However, she hadn't been having them recently. Her hallucinations are generally sounds.

Here's an approximate time frame of what happened:

6:53- She comes back from dinner. Apparently, she was half sitting, half lieing down in her sister's bedroom, when she had a hallucination of some sort. She couldn't recall it well, but remembered a woman. What she recalled most clearly was a voice whispering "What...?" into her ear.

We begin talking about this, me offering possible explanations, and just generally doing my best to be comforting, as she seems upset.

I'd started playing a game while she was gone, and was playing it between messages. After I send her a large paragraph emssage on how I'd do my best to help, she stops replying for 18 minutes.

7:07 is when she stopped.

At 7:25 she returns with the message: "Wait, what're we talking about?"

Apparently she forgot not only the converation, but also most of the details about us spending the day together earlier, until she was reminded.

I then told her I was asking you guys about this and asked her for a summary of what happened: "I heard a voice not really saying intellgible things, I remember eating dinner, and then... I "disappear" for twenty minutes. That's pretty much the extent of it."

As you can see, this is a lot less detailed than what she'd originally said....

We've came up with ideas ranging from ghost possesion to passing out ehre, but nothing really fits. Can any of you guys offer an idea?

*Note: When Amber falls asleep, she feels drained/in a bad mood/etc. Even a twenty minute nap would cause this. And she wasn't feeling any of that. Although she did say she was feeling out of character.

If you need to know anything more, just ask and I'll do my best to supply the information. We're rather weirded out here....

**Sorry for typos in my post, as I typed this rather quickly. I got rid of all the ones I saw, but didn't actually spellcheck. Oh, and I refuse to alter quotes by removing typoes.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Not many OTers are doctors/psychologists. If you want an answer that hasn't been pulled out of someones [wagon] then you should seek professional advice.

I figure with the pool of people tif has, someone might at least have a suggestion. No need to be so cynical.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

[/hide]

Not many OTers are doctors/psychologists. If you want an answer that hasn't been pulled out of someones [wagon] then you should seek professional advice.

I figure with the pool of people tif has, someone might at least have a suggestion. No need to be so cynical.

That's not cynicism: it's wisdom and common sense.

Take your GF to the doctor.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

OT is a bad place to ask a question like this, take her to undergo psychiatric examination or something to that extent.

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

QFT. For something like this, I hate to be blunt but the internet is the wrong place to ask for advice.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Considering you've said she has had hallucinations in the past, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say she hallucinated again.

How often are halluciantions accompanied by amnesia?

QFT. For something like this, I hate to be blunt but the internet is the wrong place to ask for advice.

She strongly dislikes psychiatrists.... <_<

Hopefully it just won't happen again....

[/hide]

Tip.It is not the place to ask for medical or psychological advice. If you think that someone has a mental or physical problem, take them to a doctor to get checked out.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!