42mil what to do?

Pilipod

right i have 42 mil to spend and i have some ideas,

get 70 herblore - is it really worth spending alot of money gettng such an insignificant level?

get 69 construction - is my own guilded altar really worth it when i can always use others?

any more suggestions welcome but no flipping or merching plz

pilipod.png

It will take you a LOT less than 42mill to get 69 con, iv calculated that at 60 con it will take 3mill for 75 con! to do this make carved oak tables and use a sacred clay hammer (iv used them before you should only need 4-5).

As for herblore the closer you are to getting extremes the better!

7b6daf2cda.png

[spoiler=Goals]Quest cape: Complete! (for now)

All stats 70+:

othelbark.png

If you are my enemy: May Guthix bring you Rest!

Dragon drops: 2 d meds.

Barrows: Dharok platebody, d med.

Having your own G altar is pretty convenient. You don't have to wait for people to open up their house for people to use theirs.

And i would be against getting herblore. It just isn't worth it unless you have enough to grind all the way to the higher-end potions. Other then that, i would save, save, save. Till you have enough for something useful like turmoil/overloads.

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

I'd say its time for a dropparty :thumbsup:

Invest 10m into construction in my opinion. It is worth having your own house with all extra's to it. The convenience is incredible over time.

As for herblore, I'd say don't do it yet if you have other levels to get. 42m won't get you insta-99's but if you want a high level somewhere, use it on something you enjoy.

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

There's really no point in having a gilded altar unless you plan on training prayer, so unless you have the money for bones too (which you don't) I wouldn't do it. However, if you enjoy questing at all, a recent Dev Diary suggested getting construction to the upper 60s (I would guess 67 or 68) to meet the requirements for the new Wise Old Man quest that will be released.

mythrandir.png

I was at similar crossroads last summer, although with significantly less money than you (about 15m).

I spent it in several different things, like ice bursts at castle wars, construction levels, smithing levels, crafting levels, etc.

In the end, i found construction the most fun out of them all, and kept training it with every little extra cash I had.

I recommend you try different skills, and decide which one rewards you the most (in your opinion), and keep at it.

Staurolite.png

I don't think it's you need to use 42 mil to get from 60 to 69 construction, but you're welcome to try :P

I think having your own gilded altar is worth it tbh, you can use house tele to greatly speed up your prayer xp/h

Lagatag.png

It will take you a LOT less than 42mill to get 69 con, iv calculated that at 60 con it will take 3mill for 75 con! to do this make carved oak tables and use a sacred clay hammer (iv used them before you should only need 4-5).

why not make oak larders?

bruins_91.png

why not make oak larders?

Thats just what i make i dont think it matters, the xp you get is per plank.

7b6daf2cda.png

[spoiler=Goals]Quest cape: Complete! (for now)

All stats 70+:

othelbark.png

If you are my enemy: May Guthix bring you Rest!

Dragon drops: 2 d meds.

Barrows: Dharok platebody, d med.

construction is always good if u have money but u can also spend it on other skills OR armour and expensive worthless crap like phat or santa's hat :D

i would go on construction and combat

but don't mind me i'm just a f2p player hoping to be a member once :unsure:

Crysisman666.png34g53q1.jpg

44 Ranged, 40 Crafting.

Max. hit: 207 (Clan wars)

Max. hit: 214 (Dungeoneering)

That's all folks!

1) Gilded altar is definitely worth it, I just built one as well.

2) You don't need 69 construct to get gilded altar. From Runewiki:

The gilded altar can be constructed as early as level 66, by using a crystal saw (obtained during the Eyes of Glouphrie quest, it allows you to build things 3 additional levels above your own level) and Spicy stew (this may possibly increase your level +6). In order to receive the +6 Construction bonus you must use three orange spices per stew. These stack to add a +9 construction bonus. Note that using Spicy Stew does not guarantee a +6 bonus.

6 construction levels will go by fast via penguin points and oak larders :thumbsup:

This really gets down to the morals of cheating versus the morals of being forced to throw away your life [1000's of hours] to access content you enjoy

Isn't life about throwing away your life (a job) to access content you enjoy?