Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Best F2P money maker?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

CheapMark
[ Display Name History ]

CheapMark

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 197 posts
Hey all,

Was just wondering what people think the best F2P money maker is?

At the moment, I smelt steel bars from iron and coal, and sell on - it's good, but rather slow money.

I recently delved into superheating steel bars, buying all the resources, but due to very unstable prices, it has become non-profitable (perhaps only temporarily)

I was just wondering if anyone had another good way of generating some capital - i'm thinking of seriously leveling cooking....

Cheap Mark - Going for 1050 Total

Grogthurk
[ Display Name History ]

Grogthurk

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 811 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Grogthurk
Keep smelting.

If it profits, and levels a skill such as smithing, I'd stick with it

top_lel_face.png

noble_aloof
[ Display Name History ]

noble_aloof

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,326 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Noble Aloof
  • Clan:Fenghahe's Elite Investing Guild
flipping by far. i know thats not the answer your looking for.. but i'm not too familiar with f2p- i'm sure at 80 wcing yews are decent.
Staking: 4+ mil
Current Status: Training defense

Kaida23
[ Display Name History ]

Kaida23

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Kaida23
  • Clan:Total F2P Skillers
The absolute #1 F2P skill moneymaker is mining Runite ore. It's a real pain in the neck though, and you need 85 Mining to do it. You could always give lobster fishing on Karmaja a go. It's easier to do than Smithing and requires no more cost than a lobster cage. Heck, bring an axe to cut some wood and cook them at the same time (not as much profit though).

As for superheating, you could always buy Mithril ores and Nature runes and mine your own coal in the Mining Guild. Then simply sell the bars on the G.E.. Still slow, but lots of profit and the benefit of training 3 skills at once.

Good luck.

Posted Image
Check out my blog to read the Adventures of a Big Damn (F2P) Hero.

Posted Image

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Eyrelex
[ Display Name History ]

Eyrelex

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 780 posts
I'd have to agree with Kaida mining runite is by far the best I've come across as long as you have 85 mining but be prepared to get frustrated by the revenants, I can't tell you how many times I've lost loads of runite cause of them.
Posted Image
Check out my Pocket Slot idea!

Cptbaker08
[ Display Name History ]

Cptbaker08

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,307 posts
  • RSN:CptBaker
  • RSN2:CptAsshat
  • Clan:TSG
What i was doing on my "noob" account was take the money i had, go to Aubrey's shop and buy the water and earth runes. After that just sell on the GE and you can make a little profit. I also did the same at the magic shop in Port Sarim. Probably not much, but it does help out some. I also did this with feathers in Port Sarim and Lumby.
Drops

Completed Goals

Goals

jjjon123
[ Display Name History ]

jjjon123

Warrior of Redwall

• Members
  • 1,170 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:jjjon123
  • RSN2:Kirbybakatya

What i was doing on my "noob" account was take the money i had, go to Aubrey's shop and buy the water and earth runes. After that just sell on the GE and you can make a little profit. I also did the same at the magic shop in Port Sarim. Probably not much, but it does help out some. I also did this with feathers in Port Sarim and Lumby.

That doesnt work anymore, all prices are set to GE now. Mining, smelting then selling the bars is good money.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

Cptbaker08
[ Display Name History ]

Cptbaker08

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,307 posts
  • RSN:CptBaker
  • RSN2:CptAsshat
  • Clan:TSG

That doesnt work anymore, all prices are set to GE now. Mining, smelting then selling the bars is good money.

Really now. It must have been recently changed because I did that a month or so ago and made decent profit off that.
Drops

Completed Goals

Goals

SirIzenhime
[ Display Name History ]

SirIzenhime

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,482 posts
Cutting Yews is ok if you have 80+ WC
Mining Clay is decent, even at low levels
Killing Hill Giants and selling the bones is good if you can compete/find an empty world well

Posted Image

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users