cheapes and quickest 99's?

MrLeitexxx

[bleep] this [cabbage].

If you want an easy and cheap 99, go with cooking or firemaking. Cook sharks/ burn maples. But no one will give a [cabbage]. Honestly, no one gives a [cabbage] about any of your achievements, even if you get 99 slayer, you'll just be another player. It's not nice, but it's true. If you want a 99 for the sake of a 99, get an easy one if you want; it's probably healthier that way. Just remember, this is your account, so you don't have to give in to other people's idiotic flames, and remember that since it's your account, not mine or anyone else, your causes are irrelevant to almost everyone.

And to everyone else, stop the flaming and just answer his god damn question.

You have no idea how this quote helps my botting argument but meh.

On Topic:

If you want the easiest just cook. If you had 90+ theiv you could do Plunder for like 250k xp an hour >_>

@ Above poster

Thanks for the flamez

EDIT: Trolled this thread for the above quote because it helps me out in a different thread. So don't rage all over me.

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

[bleep] this [cabbage].

If you want an easy and cheap 99, go with cooking or firemaking. Cook sharks/ burn maples. But no one will give a [cabbage]. Honestly, no one gives a [cabbage] about any of your achievements, even if you get 99 slayer, you'll just be another player. It's not nice, but it's true. If you want a 99 for the sake of a 99, get an easy one if you want; it's probably healthier that way. Just remember, this is your account, so you don't have to give in to other people's idiotic flames, and remember that since it's your account, not mine or anyone else, your causes are irrelevant to almost everyone.

And to everyone else, stop the flaming and just answer his god damn question.

u-mad1.jpg

On topic respect is relative. If you get a cooking cape you'll be a noob who gets easy capes. If you get a slayer/runecrafting cape you'll be a noob with no life. If you don't have a cape you'll just be a noob. Final answer: everyone's a noob, so get used to it and don't waste time with opinions.

clansig7.gif

Its people like you that make me hate the people who have the easy skillcapes.

I'm gonna go ahead and ignore this because you admitted to botting your account in General, LOL.

I read that thread. He doesn't...

so much bias in favor of slayer and a "respectable" 99's in this section. There always has to be one [wagon] who has to put down someone else's goals. If op straight out said he wanted easy skills capes to impress others or something to the same idea then I'd agree with you rather than disagree.

Thing is, the OP doesn't have a specific skill related goal. He is not "asking advice on how to get 99 cooking, the skill he likes that much". He IS asking us which 99 he should get, which indirectly implies: which one do you think is easiest or do you think is "best". He's not telling us what he likes or not, that doesn't seem to matter, he just seems to want a cape and asks us which one.

You have no ground to stand on in this debate. Ranging is a very easy skillcape to get if you chin. Before there were chins, yeah, ranging was a long 99 to get, but now you can get 250k exp an hour EASILY. Cooking swordies are like 170k an hour. So frankly, until you get something that isnt "easy", put a sock in it.

If you are looking for some nice and easy 99s, go for woodcutting, fm, cooking, theiving, or hunter. These are all cheap or profitable. If you dont mind spending some cash, you could get smithing, herblore, or crafting. If you are looking for a quick cape to trim with, go for the first options. If you want what i would deem and impressive cape, go for the latter 3. I am personally aiming for 99 rc untrimmed. Im getting pretty close. The effort is worth it! ive never seen an untrimmed rc cape before, and plan to keep it untrimmed forever (using the telegrab trick). I would do what you enjoy most.

Geesch.png

Geesch.png

You have no ground to stand on in this debate. Ranging is a very easy skillcape to get if you chin. Before there were chins, yeah, ranging was a long 99 to get, but now you can get 250k exp an hour EASILY. Cooking swordies are like 170k an hour. So frankly, until you get something that isnt "easy", put a sock in it.

If you are looking for some nice and easy 99s, go for woodcutting, fm, cooking, theiving, or hunter. These are all cheap or profitable. If you dont mind spending some cash, you could get smithing, herblore, or crafting. If you are looking for a quick cape to trim with, go for the first options. If you want what i would deem and impressive cape, go for the latter 3. I am personally aiming for 99 rc untrimmed. Im getting pretty close. The effort is worth it! ive never seen an untrimmed rc cape before, and plan to keep it untrimmed forever (using the telegrab trick). I would do what you enjoy most.

You forget that the more money you spend the faster xp you recive. With cooking I don't think it's even possible to spend as much as you would spend chinning, and with chinning you need 85+ range to start off with minimum.

and also somewhat on topic

With 99 range I got my first of these

f6lh0s3w.png Was our last kill too :P

So get 99 range and you can be pro with me and get pro drops from arma :D

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

Thing is, the OP doesn't have a specific skill related goal. He is not "asking advice on how to get 99 cooking, the skill he likes that much". He IS asking us which 99 he should get, which indirectly implies: which one do you think is easiest or do you think is "best". He's not telling us what he likes or not, that doesn't seem to matter, he just seems to want a cape and asks us which one.

That's how I stand on the whole "easy 99" issue. As long as someone really enjoys the skill or really thinks it's a nice goal to achieve, then all the more power to them. I don't have any 99s after having my account for 7 years. From slow internet connections back to when I was playing RSC to my early days of RS2 when I still wasn't playing efficiently or very often, I've logged lots of time on my account without doing too much. Only recently have I begun to play a little more and be a little more efficiency conscious about it. Do I regret playing inefficiently back then? Now I do just a bit, but back then not at all. I enjoyed it.

This is a game and you should have fun and set goals you want to attain. I know people who just grind themselves out for the extrinsic motivation of just having a 99 cape, hating every second of even the easy 99 fletching or 99 cook. They don't intrinsically have any motivation for doing it; they don't enjoy the skill itself.

So for 7 years and no 99s to show for it, I'm preparing to shoot for 99 farming as my first. Is it going to take a long time? Yes. Am I going to be the most efficient about it? Maybe not. Am I going to enjoy it? Except for the odd dead snapdragon patch, absolutely yes.

That's how I stand on the whole "easy 99" issue. As long as someone really enjoys the skill or really thinks it's a nice goal to achieve, then all the more power to them. I don't have any 99s after having my account for 7 years. From slow internet connections back to when I was playing RSC to my early days of RS2 when I still wasn't playing efficiently or very often, I've logged lots of time on my account without doing too much. Only recently have I begun to play a little more and be a little more efficiency conscious about it. Do I regret playing inefficiently back then? Now I do just a bit, but back then not at all. I enjoyed it.

This is a game and you should have fun and set goals you want to attain. I know people who just grind themselves out for the extrinsic motivation of just having a 99 cape, hating every second of even the easy 99 fletching or 99 cook. They don't intrinsically have any motivation for doing it; they don't enjoy the skill itself.

So for 7 years and no 99s to show for it, I'm preparing to shoot for 99 farming as my first. Is it going to take a long time? Yes. Am I going to be the most efficient about it? Maybe not. Am I going to enjoy it? Except for the odd dead snapdragon patch, absolutely yes.

I haven't seen better words spoken on this thread than this...

Skill Capes and the GE have ruined a lot of what made a '99' special back before these updates were implemented. Back on Classic and early RS2 I used to run into only a few people who had 99s, and those people who did have them trained those skills to that level because they enjoyed doing them.

Firemaking for example, didn't have much of a purpose before Skill Capes were added. If you had a 99 in that skill, you were one of the very few. Now look at it today. People see it as a skill where they can equip that nice looking Skill Cape to show off.

Fishing only had 100-300 people with a '99' in that skill before the Skill Capes update. Today there is more than 31,000 of them with a '99' in Fishing...

Skill Capes have made a huge impact on the way people view 99s. Years ago they were looked at as a major achievement because training methods were much slower back then. There was no Grand Exchange to buy your way to 99s, no Red Chins, no Living Rock Caverns, no Ivy, no God Wars, etc. Today I simply look at them as just another stat number.

I somewhat enjoy seeing people level beyond 99 Dungeoneering, but many of them still aren't doing it for the fun. They are doing it for the levels, to try to be the most efficient player, to achieve a high rank. I don't see a point to rankings in mini-games either, because they are supposed to be played for fun.

it's funny how a simple question can turn into full out flame and arguments.

Either help the OP, or GTFO.

As for easy and cheap skills, cooking and Firemaking are both cheap and fast. Woodcutting is afkable, and decent in speed, same with fishing.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png