How do you use Macaw pouch?

brad1431

Oh.

Well, its constant effect improves the quality of herbs you get from monster drops. So, for instance, if you had it summoned when you were fighting Aberrant specters, the herbs that they dropped would be slightly better than they would normally be.

If you want to create herbs, you need to use buy/create scrolls and use its special ability.

There's also a chance that it can Forage (randomly find) an herb while you're running around skilling/doing combat, etc.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

Oh.

Well, its constant effect improves the quality of herbs you get from monster drops. So, for instance, if you had it summoned when you were fighting Aberrant specters, the herbs that they dropped would be slightly better than they would normally be.

If you want to create herbs, you need to use buy/create scrolls and use its special ability.

Yeah, I want to know about the second part, how do I use it while fishing or cooking to create herbs, mind you I have NEVER EVER used scrolls before so it that is how to do it, please explain how to get and use scrolls, thanks

thegame1431.png

Well, you can always try buying scrolls from another player or from the Grand Exchange.

You can also make them yourself; to do this, you would need some Macaw pouches, and then head to a large Summoning obelisk (Taverly, Piscatoris, etc.) Using the Summoning obelisk, you can convert 1 Pouch into 10 Scrolls (so if you had 10 Macaw pouches, you would get 100 of it's special ability Scrolls.)

Once you have Summoned a Macaw and have some Scrolls in your inventory, you pull up the Familiar Interface:

familiar_interface1.png

If you click on the section labeled "1" in the above picture, your familiar will use its special ability.

Also, if you're fairly new to Summoning or are still confused, I suggest checking out Tip.It's Summoning Guide: http://www.tip.it/runescape/?page=summoning_guide.htm

:)

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

Well, you can always try buying scrolls from another player or from the Grand Exchange.

You can also make them yourself; to do this, you would need some Macaw pouches, and then head to a large Summoning obelisk (Taverly, Piscatoris, etc.) Using the Summoning obelisk, you can convert 1 Pouch into 10 Scrolls (so if you had 10 Macaw pouches, you would get 100 of it's special ability Scrolls.)

Once you have Summoned a Macaw and have some Scrolls in your inventory, you pull up the Familiar Interface:

familiar_interface1.png

If you click on the section labeled "1" in the above picture, your familiar will use its special ability.

Also, if you're fairly new to Summoning or are still confused, I suggest checking out Tip.It's Summoning Guide: http://www.tip.it/runescape/?page=summoning_guide.htm

:)

how long does a scroll last, how do you know when it is done? THanks

thegame1431.png

I feel now would be a prudent point that someone bothered to tell you Macaw scrolls are a waste of time.

The only decent use of a Macaw is if your gonna power train on something like Chaos Druids (drops herbs near enough 100%) as it improves the rarity of herbs you get (so you'll get less guams etc and more useful ones)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I feel now would be a prudent point that someone bothered to tell you Macaw scrolls are a waste of time.

The only decent use of a Macaw is if your gonna power train on something like Chaos Druids (drops herbs near enough 100%) as it improves the rarity of herbs you get (so you'll get less guams etc and more useful ones)

REally? a bunch of people told me that it is better to use a macaw while fishing instead of a granite lobster.

thegame1431.png

REally? a bunch of people told me that it is better to use a macaw while fishing instead of a granite lobster.

Few times I've ever used macaws they never foraged much, so I can't imagine that one would be better than a +4 fishing boost and fairly often swordfish/shark foraging. And if you want to use scrolls to forage, you're better off with a fruit bat.

Logic.png

Yeah Macaws natural foraging ability is rubbish, you're lucky if u get 1 herb in the entire time it is out.

The scroll ability is useless too it fails alot and gives naff herbs.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

You must have been told the Magpie was better, since it forages items at a much faster rate than the Macaw does.

Summon a Magpie, let it chill. When it's about to disappear, dump all its items into your bank.

these people are wrong. ALWAYS use a granite lobster when fishing, it improves your catch rate and forages fish of its own.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

Do I have to use a scroll with a magpie, or just have it summoned like a granite lobster?

And Thanks for the advice, I didnt think it was better, but last night I was fishing monks and I was the only one with a granite lobster everyone else had a macaw, so I wanted to see what it was about.

thegame1431.png

Do I have to use a scroll with a magpie, or just have it summoned like a granite lobster?

And Thanks for the advice, I didnt think it was better, but last night I was fishing monks and I was the only one with a granite lobster everyone else had a macaw, so I wanted to see what it was about.

It'll forage just by being summoned.

Logic.png

Macaw will automatically forage for jewelery i think but in any case it is automatic.And you do not need scrolls. You just summon it, and it will forage things while you are fishing/cooking/skilling

You mean magpie.

Plv6Dz6.jpg