Runescape Insurance!!!

Ian1

hey my suggestion is an insurance policy for runescape -

for example you just bought a Godsword. - you are super happy now its time to go pk with it. you die. you lose weeks of hard work and hard earned money now what? you prolly be sad and possibly even quit.

my idea is to implement an insurance policy to people willing to pay a monthly rate to the grand exchange officials. this could be like 100k per week for a ags and a sevre spike as soon as you lose it. so there is no insurance scams going on.

this would be dificult and slightly hard to understand for many people but it could really help people and if people want insurance over their super hard earned item let them have one. . .

i havent had to much itme to think about it, any ideas contributing to this idea is welcomed and encouraged

Ian1.png

99 Cooking 27 July 2009

RuneScape "insurance" would sort of ruin the pking experience for many people. If your willing to risk something like a Godsword into such worlds, knowing that you could lose them, then it can only be the fault of the player. Also, wouldn't this sort of drive down prices in the Grand Exchange? That'd be good for one group of people, but bad for another.

Smiling.png

RuneScape "insurance" would sort of ruin the pking experience for many people. If your willing to risk something like a Godsword into such worlds, knowing that you could lose them, then it can only be the fault of the player. Also, wouldn't this sort of drive down prices in the Grand Exchange? that'd be good for one group of people, but bad for another.

I see your point, however, what do you mean ruining the PvP experience? it would not drive the price down because it lessening the demand for it, it is just refunding the money, the money they paid to the insurance "givers" would be part of that of course, it may cause the value of the GP to decrease because if you keep losing it more and more gp is being pumped into however , the policies rate would skyrocket which would increase the value of a GP, and it would be very expensive as it is anyway, it would just be an option for those wanting to Pvp however to scared to lose their prized possession and also it doesn't have to be about pking, it could be fighting a boss on a level or a boss anywhere not necessarily on a pvp world

Ian1.png

99 Cooking 27 July 2009

RuneScape "insurance" would sort of ruin the pking experience for many people. If your willing to risk something like a Godsword into such worlds, knowing that you could lose them, then it can only be the fault of the player. Also, wouldn't this sort of drive down prices in the Grand Exchange? that'd be good for one group of people, but bad for another.

I see your point, however, what do you mean ruining the PvP experience? it would not drive the price down because it lessening the demand for it, it is just refunding the money, the money they paid to the insurance "givers" would be part of that of course, it may cause the value of the GP to decrease because if you keep losing it more and more gp is being pumped into however , the policies rate would skyrocket which would increase the value of a GP, and it would be very expensive as it is anyway, it would just be an option for those wanting to Pvp however to scared to lose their prized possession and also it doesn't have to be about pking, it could be fighting a boss on a level or a boss anywhere not necessarily on a pvp world

I stated PvP/BH because this 'policy' who be mainly attractive to the people who roam those worlds. Yes, this could come in handy when you go boss fighting or such, but again, it all comes down to player responsibility. If they are willing to risk such valuables, then it can only be their fault. Such a policy would suspend the idea of user responsibility, and that in turn, could effect the whole game.

Smiling.png

i

I stated PvP/BH because this 'policy' who be mainly attractive to the people who roam those worlds. Yes, this could come in handy when you go boss fighting or such, but again, it all comes down to player responsibility. If they are willing to risk such valuables, then it can only be their fault. Such a policy would suspend the idea of user responsibility, and that in turn, could effect the whole game.

this is true, however i figure that for the people that are willing to risk such expensive items are well aware that their "user responsibility' is much less of that of a player who does not pvp thus not affecting anything. really with this people are not losing or gaining anything because eventually they will pay out the equivalent to that of the insured item, it just gives piece of mind to those who risk their items in turn making PVP more fun for everyone because there will be much less saving and running because with the insurance there is incentive to not be a cheater or bad player and follow the invisible pvp rules. it would increase loot values and would effect the game for the better

Ian1.png

99 Cooking 27 July 2009

Tbh, if you go to PvP and lose your stuff, that's your own fault. If you were afraid of losing it, why the hell did you bring it there?

Now, if you had this for stuff like rollbacks, server disconnections, and other technicalities, then I can see it being more reasonable, since those are not really your fault.

There is a place for this. Its called Free for All PvP

at clan wars? - but then you cant get any loot

That's the trade off. If you wanted something with a high payout and low risk, it's not PvP. Sorry, that's just how it is.

There's no place for insurance in runescape. Once people know they have insurance, they're more subject to risky behavior. Someone who never PVP'd before might take out a policy on a GS, and then go try pking for the first time ever. In this scenario, they were low risk to begin with (never PKed), but once they decided to PK they were ultra-high risk (inexperienced).

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

There is a place for this. Its called Free for All PvP

at clan wars? - but then you cant get any loot

If everyone bought insurance, then you wouldn't get any loot anyways.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

It's a cool idea, and I would appreciate it, if it existed... but I have to say NO unfortunatly. things like PK worlds, boss fights, slayer, duel arena. the rewards are great but you have to assume there is an equal or greater risk.

tyluke.png

Tyluke.png

only 2 skills below level 50 :)