Ancient Effigy

Neohero1972

yes.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Yes, and all of the stages are bankable except for the dragonkin lamp.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Hi

Thank you all for sharing your insights on this subject.

May i humble suggest that this information finds it way to the Ancient Effigy Guide !

Edit:

It would also be nice if one could read how much experience the Ancient Effigys gives when delivered to Historian Minus instead of being fed - the guide only states that it gives a fraction of the experience one would normally get, but not how much !

Hi

Thank you all for sharing your insights on this subject.

May i humble suggest that this information finds it way to the Ancient Effigy Guide !

Edit:

It would also be nice if one could read how much experience the Ancient Effigys gives when delivered to Historian Minus instead of being fed - the guide only states that it gives a fraction of the experience one would normally get, but not how much !

I think this is because everyone wants the xp, rather than just give it to the historian. I wonder if anyone has even done this yet.

goro_fujita.png

I have gone ahead and added the information about the non-bankable Dragonkin lamp and the non-stackable Effigies to the guide. I will add the specific XP amount that Historian Minus gives when turning in the Effigy to him soon. Thanks for the heads up, everyone. :thumbup:

Oh, and yes, it's Effigies for the plural form :P

- Speedyshel

Website Updates and Corrections

c15800d76c.png

*..It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not..*

I have gone ahead and added the information about the non-bankable Dragonkin lamp and the non-stackable Effigies to the guide. I will add the specific XP amount that Historian Minus gives when turning in the Effigy to him soon. Thanks for the heads up, everyone. :thumbup:

Thank you very much for adding this info to the guide

Oh, and yes, it's Effigies for the plural form :P

Well, i sorta suspected that the plural form had to be as described, but then again i wasn't a 100% sure, so thanks for clarifying =D>

(I have already read every other post on this topic)

In answer to your question: NO, it is NOT possible to obtain more than 1 effigy at A time.

However, it is perfectly possible to obtain more than 1 effigy at DIFFERENT times.

Meaning: You can't get then as a double/tripple etc. drop. But it is perfectly possible that you can get a new one and pick it up/bank it while already owning at least 1.

(I'm sorry that I'm the only one that read the question this way, but that's the way I understood what he was asking when I read it)

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

It's important to note that the xp from the Dragonkin Lamp is scaled such that you get exponentially higher xp the higher your level is. The Crew is working on finding the exact equation (you can help by submitting your data!).

If the skill you want to use the lamp on is below a certain level, it is actually BETTER to trade it in for a lamp, because at lower levels you won't get 5k xp in that skill from the Dragonkin Lamp, whereas from the museum-traded lamp you get 5k xp ALWAYS. I believe the cut-off point is somewhere around lvl 45.

It's important to note that the xp from the Dragonkin Lamp is scaled such that you get exponentially higher xp the higher your level is. The Crew is working on finding the exact equation (you can help by submitting your data!).

If the skill you want to use the lamp on is below a certain level, it is actually BETTER to trade it in for a lamp, because at lower levels you won't get 5k xp in that skill from the Dragonkin Lamp, whereas from the museum-traded lamp you get 5k xp ALWAYS. I believe the cut-off point is somewhere around lvl 45.

There is already an accurate formula on runwiki, but it's way too difficult to be widely used and helpful, so saying that it's (level^3)/20.2 is accurate enough.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Yes that's what I used to get the level 45 figure. Even after level 45, you may wish to just switch to the museum lamp to save time.