back after ~3 years

Umega

So I've been playing WoW for nearly 3yrs after leaving runescape (just about when grand exchange was introduced). But I think I've just rediscovered RS, after seeing how much of RS has changed. :)

I think I might even play p2p for a while until WoWs Cataclysm comes.

So many questions :o

1 What are Rares like now? Not worth much? Just put my only santa hat in the GE for like 75m! Has inflation skyrocketed?

2 Whos the "god" of RS right now? When I left, it was Zezima.

3 This dungeoneering thing looks decent, I had ago with the lumbridges one. How do I level it up?

4. I hit one of the first few dungeoneering monsters, and I hit 138 with just a rune warhammer! :o Combat ratings shot through the roof much?

I remember only hitting 35-ish with my abbysal whip at 117 combat level (is the abby whip still a good weapon? :P)

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

I can only answer parts of these.

1. Rares have their own market now that i dont really know anything about, but the concept of "junk trading" is used to buy/sell them. "junk" is anything that you cant sell on the GE but still has value, so this is a way to get more than the max value in trades for items.

4. They basically multiplied everything by 10 when they introduced "constitution" to replace hit points. So its all the same proportion, just changed the numbers.

wisky_is_goo.png

Hey Umega, I remember you. :) Nowadays, there are a lot more maxed players than just one or two. So I don't know if there is much more of a "god" but yeah, I hope you understand what I meant by that.

To level up in Dungeoneering, you have to complete the dungeons to get experience and tokens. You can read up on the guide we have on the website.

Tehsengir answered your other questions. If you have anymore, feel free to ask them. Hope you enjoy your time back at Runescape. :)

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

1 What are Rares like now? Not worth much? Just put my only santa hat in the GE for like 75m! Has inflation skyrocketed?

2 Whos the "god" of RS right now? When I left, it was Zezima.

3 This dungeoneering thing looks decent, I had ago with the lumbridges one. How do I level it up?

4. I hit one of the first few dungeoneering monsters, and I hit 138 with just a rune warhammer! :o Combat ratings shot through the roof much?

I remember only hitting 35-ish with my abbysal whip at 117 combat level (is the abby whip still a good weapon? :P)

1. Yeah there's been inflation, but the price of rares is more due to other economic factors which prob'ly aren't really worth going into at length.

2. Zaros? Saradomin? I don't know. There's various players who are sorta famous but none of them are really important, except the Jmods.

3. To level up dungeoneering, you need to go to Daemonheim. Take the boat there from Al-Kharid and go to the top of the mountain. Speak with the NPCs to receive a Ring of Kinship, which you can use to form a party and raid Daemonheim. During the raids, you go through the rooms fighting monsters and unlocking doors until you reach the boss room, and once you kill the boss you finish the dungeon and you can start another. That's the basic idea.

4. The mechanics of hitpoints were updated a while back. See the explanation here. Abby whip + rune defender is still the best for normal use, with the caveat that chaotic weapons are superior once you have the dungeoneering level for them.

Oh, they killed the wildnerness. Did they do that before or after the GE? I don't remember, I was gone when both happened.

Major graphics update.

Jagex is turning evil

climbing boots are now "rock climbing boots" which are like 45k to alch, and the new climbing boots have no stats. Some players had like 100+ boots and got millions of free gold....Market doesn't seem to have been affected though.

Many skills have more active, fun and diverse ways to train

random events all yield the same generic reward which lets you choose what you get from it.

we still don't understand what makes cabbage so important.

XBL: Zwolf wolf

When Runescape Gives you lemons, Alch them!

screen-capture-2-1-1-1.png?t=1279351491

Sorry Brand, I was a man in the first place, sorry to disappoint you. :\

random events all yield the same generic reward which lets you choose what you get from it.

Yeah random events are much less frequent and they don't kill you anymore, and the rewards are better. Also, the logout timer was increased to 5 minutes. And other stuff.

A big treasure trails update will be occuring next week, least its supposed too so be prepared for up to or over 150 new items as reported. Everyone else seems to be covering most things pretty good.

Please Visit my Blog!

sig.jpg

- Experienced Monster Hunter - Forced Retirement Staker - Privite Chat is always ON -

1 Draconic Visage 26 Dragon Drops 1 GWD Drops 17 DK Drops 13 Coinshared Items

Thanks!

You hit a dungeroneering monster with a rune warhammer? are you sure you're training dungeoneering?

Err I don't know lol, I just took out a rune warhammer I had left in my bank, couldn't really use any of my members items when I logged in. :P

we still don't understand what makes cabbage so important

Ah I remember that cabbage cult...

And yeah I meant godly players. No famous players now? I remember seeing Zezima going around with a whole gang following him in amazment.

Jagex is turning evil

No surprise there I suppose, the main page looks heavily commercialized now.

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

You can't bring anything in with you when dungeoneering, hence the confusion about the warhammer.

Most of the high rares are worth much more than what the ge price says they are.

For famous players, Gertjaars was top for a while, but it's all changed now with the release of dungeoneering and there are quite a few players fighting for top total, and a few more fighting for highest total experience.