Street Fighter

Toki_Hakurei

General Street Fighter Thread

street-fighter-doocell.jpg

This thread if for all that is about or is related to Capcom's famous fighting game series known as Street Fighter. I'm surprised no one's made a thread about this yet.

I'll start off. M. Bison's reaction to this thread being made:

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

As if Marvel vs Capcom 3 wasn't enough we get ANOTHER epic crossover fighting game except it will play more like SF4.

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

From what I've seen it looks rather bland, and even all the Tekken carachters aren't all that instering and lack projectiles.

The game just looks like a redone sf4 with tekken carachters in the mix :thumbdown:

They should just make Namco vs Capcom 3

I got a copy of ssf4 yesterday. I have never played a street fighter game before in my life. I cannot block or put together attacks to save my life. fffffffffff

Also, guile's theme goes well with everything is a pretty good meme.

From what I've seen it looks rather bland, and even all the Tekken carachters aren't all that instering and lack projectiles.

The game just looks like a redone sf4 with tekken carachters in the mix :thumbdown:

They should just make Namco vs Capcom 3

tekken is more about big combos than projectiles or specials, that's what i like about it. and most of the tekken characters have complete counters in street fighters: jin=ryu, akuma=heihachi, jaguar=blanka, probably more but i haven't played tekken in a while

i'm excited for it :thumbsup:

monoclesmilecopy.jpg

I'm not saying sf is about projectiles and specials,hell, projectiles are rarely used in high end tournments, who focus in starting up gigantic health devastating combo's.

I'm just saying when you put a lot of melee only carachters in a game that has caracters with both good melee attacks and good projectiles the melee only will get the short end.

That and i really dislike tekken, it's so slow and boring...

I got a copy of ssf4 yesterday. I have never played a street fighter game before in my life. I cannot block or put together attacks to save my life. fffffffffff

I was pretty much the same as you when I got reguler SF4. I can do fine with everything except Guile's and Vega's Ultra/Special combos.

All glory to the greatest Street Fighter in the world:

[hide=]el_fuerte.jpg[/hide]

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I was pretty much the same as you when I got reguler SF4. I can do fine with everything except Guile's and Vega's Ultra/Special combos.

His Ultra II is beastly, but not as beastly as Bison's Ultra II because his can crossup.

[hide]AND IT GIVES SURPRISE ABORTIONS!

0.jpg[/hide]

His Ultra II is beastly, but not as beastly as Bison's Ultra II because his can crossup.

[hide]AND IT GIVES SURPRISE ABORTIONS!

0.jpg[/hide]

Do you know what the little ball at the end of his special is supposd to do? Because it does absolutely nothing as far as I can tell.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Absolutely nothing other than to say "BAH. SUCH WEAKNESS.".

I'm not saying sf is about projectiles and specials,hell, projectiles are rarely used in high end tournments, who focus in starting up gigantic health devastating combo's.

I'm just saying when you put a lot of melee only carachters in a game that has caracters with both good melee attacks and good projectiles the melee only will get the short end.

Projectiles are used all the time in high end tournaments...

I assume everyone has heard about SF3 coming to xbox live (prob PSN too)?

Projectiles are used all the time in high end tournaments...

I assume everyone has heard about SF3 coming to xbox live (prob PSN too)?

I...didn't know this at all...about SF3 coming to XBL and PSN...

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/07/25/capcom-making-online-version-of-street-fighter-3-3rd-strike/

sf3725.jpg

Capcom didn't just announce two Street Fighter games in yesterday's Comic-Con panel -- that would hardly have been worth holding a panel. Producer Yoshinori Ono also announced that the company is working on Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online, an updated re-release of the 1999 arcade/Dreamcast game.

It's "not going to come out in the immediate future," Ono told the crowds already daydreaming about online Q matches, "but just let everyone know that Street Fighter 3 is coming back." He didn't have any more details, simply directing suggestions to Capcom-Unity. It seems relatively safe to assume that an online-focused fighting game is being considered at least for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, probably as a digital release like Marvel vs. Capcom 2.

Needs more defensive Blankas:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fsd7lp5ztM