RoW Query

Yankee_Jr

I'm pretty confident I understand how the Ring of Wealth works. It increases the chance of a drop of a non-rare item, such as runes or arrows, but not items like a Dragon Chain from Dust Devils or a Visage from high leveled Dragons.

So, if the chance of a non-rare drop increases, doesn't that mean the chance of a RARE drop decreases? Is this true?

Thanks in advance for any help

Hope this can answer your questions. :unsure:

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Ring_of_wealth

MY CAPES!

sig1.pngsig2.png

Dragon drops: Draconic Visage, Dragon Plateskirt, Dragon Med Helm, Dragon Platelegs

Other drops: Dragon Chainbody

e5lft5.png

Loot

↓↓

Verac's flail, Verac's skirt x2, Guthan's platebody x2, Guthan's warspear x3, Dharok's helm x2, Ahrim's hood, Ahrim's robeskirt, Torag's platelegs, Karil's top, Karil's skirt, Karil's crossbow x2

Also RoW is utterly useless.

Most of the "rare" drops it gives are utter junk eg a slightly larger coin pile thts still only like 500gp etc.

Al drops we as players consider rare are "special drops" or "unique drops" and are unaffected by RoW

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Wow I've got the Ring of Wealth all backwards :P

Thanks for the reply and the help.

If you didn't already, you might want to look at this to understand it even more.

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Rare_drop_table

MY CAPES!

sig1.pngsig2.png

Dragon drops: Draconic Visage, Dragon Plateskirt, Dragon Med Helm, Dragon Platelegs

Other drops: Dragon Chainbody

e5lft5.png

Loot

↓↓

Verac's flail, Verac's skirt x2, Guthan's platebody x2, Guthan's warspear x3, Dharok's helm x2, Ahrim's hood, Ahrim's robeskirt, Torag's platelegs, Karil's top, Karil's skirt, Karil's crossbow x2

ROW ive always had ive used it at abby demons with and with out, with it i get so many more drops and alot higher chance of a whip drop with out (used ferro ring for a while for faster kills) it took more than 5 tasks before i got a whip with ROW i got abby whip once every 2 average, so @ paw claw ^_^

tenebri.png

ROW ive always had ive used it at abby demons with and with out, with it i get so many more drops and alot higher chance of a whip drop with out (used ferro ring for a while for faster kills) it took more than 5 tasks before i got a whip with ROW i got abby whip once every 2 average, so @ paw claw ^_^

You're kidding right? Jagex has already confirmed exactly how it works, Paw Claw was right. The only thing the ROW affects are the drops listed on the rare wheel, so only gems, half keys and half shields are affected. (not sure about D meds)

@OP, judging from the Wiki-article, the ROW does NOT lower the chances of getting items such as whips or D Bows or w/e.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

Coincidence and happenstance, if it makes you feel any better about getting "rare drops" (Unique drops to JaGeX) then it's just acting as a placebo.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

ROW does NOT affect monster specific drops. Slayer drops are a perfect example of Monster Specific drops.

It increases the chances of getting...

gems

key halves

D spears, meds and Shield halves

Rune battleaxe, 2h, spear, square shield, and 42 arrows

45 nature, law and death runes

Chaos talisman, silver ore, 20 adamant javelins.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

The RoW doesn't affect monster specific drop chances at all. Whips, hexcrests, mud battlestaffs, focus sights, hilts, etc. are not affected either way.

"Rare" drops like gems, half keys, expensive runes, rune scimitars, and even the dragon chainbody as it is dropped by multiple monsters, are all increased in chance, instead of getting nothing.

PM me for fitocracy invite

The RoW doesn't affect monster specific drop chances at all. Whips, hexcrests, mud battlestaffs, focus sights, hilts, etc. are not affected either way.

"Rare" drops like gems, half keys, expensive runes, rune scimitars, and even the dragon chainbody as it is dropped by multiple monsters, are all increased in chance, instead of getting nothing.

Dragon Chainbody is dropped only by 2 monsters. It's considered a monster specific drop.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Well if anything it just makes me feel better seeing as there really isn't much of an alternative to it, since I don't find the +4 of barb rings much use and am to lazy to get them (i).

slaykan.png Good Timber does not grow with ease, the stronger the wind, the stronger the trees.

images-1.jpgThere is dignity in suffering, nobility in pain, but failure is a salted wound, that burns over and over again.

ROW does NOT affect monster specific drops. Slayer drops are a perfect example of Monster Specific drops.

It increases the chances of getting...

gems

key halves

D spears, meds and Shield halves

Rune battleaxe, 2h, spear, square shield, and 42 arrows

45 nature, law and death runes

Chaos talisman, silver ore, 20 adamant javelins.

Actually it doesn't increase the chances of getting anything but the first 3 lines of your examples. The same rare drop table is shared between all the monsters that utilize this special table, and I don't think monsters like goblins drop rune battleaxes and stuff.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

Well if anything it just makes me feel better seeing as there really isn't much of an alternative to it, since I don't find the +4 of barb rings much use and am to lazy to get them (i).

People pay 20+mil for each bandos piece just for the str boost, and it gives a lower str boost than the cheaper berserker ring. Fremmy rings, or even an explorer's ring would be better than a RoW.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots