Hi,

i was just PKing and got some pretty epic loot.

Usually, when i PK, i barely ever die. I rush AFK EPers, its great money and doesn't require any amazing stats (say what you want, AFK = rule break, fools get what's coming to them). I use a rol, as it is the most appropriate ring for what i do, so there is a very slim chance of me ever dying. When i do rush people, i tend to have at the very least 25% EP, generally more like 50%. When i PK with that, the best loot i get is generally 500k - 1.3m, and on the VERY rare occasions 3m or so.

Today, i died once (we need more BH worlds, they are far too laggy (exuses :P)) and just a few days ago i heard of DP (drop or death potential, i can't remember). When i heard of DP, i thought "might as well get something from the crap clogging up my bank", so i grabbed 4m worth of stuff that would never sell or that i could afford to lose and gave a few people kills. I guess after those two incidents, my DP must have been pretty high.

Today when i was PKing, i got my first kill with 25% EP, with a value of 1050k. For me, that is good loot for 25% EP. But the shocking thing came next. That kill used up 19% of my EP, leaving me with 6%. I was going to try and waste the last bit of EP before i went to get some more (i was also scouting EPers for someone). I saw someone i could kill, so i potted up and went for it. After picking up my loot and getting back to the wildy edge, i realised i had been pretty lucky. While valuing, i got 8.8m in loot (a stat war hammer that sold for max and a few statuettes).

This made me think, what is the more significant decider when your loot is dropped? EP (Earned Potential) or DP (Death/Drop Potential). The player called Tip It (check out his PVP videos on YouTube for the recorded loots) originally told me about DP and claimed that he gets far better loot on 0% EP than when he has higher EP. His videos prove that he was telling the truth, he gets great loot at very low EP (0 - 10%).

In your experience, what do you find has a bigger affect on your loot? DP or EP?

Look forward to your posts :D

GuidesForScapers.png

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.

EP increases the chance of that person getting something from the player(items not in the drop table). If you rush 76k trickers, you probably notice that sometimes you will get 76k in coins. If you do rush 76k trickers, EP may not be as important as DP, but for real PvP EP is necessary to get real loot. Also, vids can be deceiving. Its not hard to just pull out the few clips of where he got good loot with DP, and a few clips where he got crap loot woth EP.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

EP increases the chance of that person getting something from the player(items not in the drop table). If you rush 76k trickers, you probably notice that sometimes you will get 76k in coins. If you do rush 76k trickers, EP may not be as important as DP, but for real PvP EP is necessary to get real loot. Also, vids can be deceiving. Its not hard to just pull out the few clips of where he got good loot with DP, and a few clips where he got crap loot woth EP.

no.

DP increases chances of getting loot at low EP and increases chances of getting what the opponent loses. EP just increases chance of statuettes etc.

DP is nice, but too unreliable to utilize when compared to EP, for the most part.

R.I.P Shiva and The Old Nite

Visit My Huge Goals!!! <---- Click This

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

GWD: 3x Saradomin Sword, 2x Saradomin Hilt, 2X B Boots, 1x Tasset, 2X B Plate, 2X Shard, 1X D Med

TDs: 3x Solo Claws, 1x Solo Armour Piece

99 Untrimmed HP, 0% Pc'd and before Soul Wars -- Trimmed July 1, 2009

First Untrimmed HP Cape to 96 summon, top 300 to 96 summon

Proud owner of the strength, magic, range, and hitpoints capes.

Spa_Ins/LOLCANADA on IRC.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah I tend to get about the same worth no matter my EP. I got a 1m drop with 6 ep on a guy risking like, 80k? So I don't know its weird sometiems.

Runescape is a game, if you aren't having fun then don't play, if you can't stop playing then quit.

Add this to your sig if you've seen every "new" skill released.

• 1 month later...

Dp matters a lot more, say you get 20 kills in a row without dying even at 100 ep your loots are likely to suck. But if you die once you will find your loots improve a lot even on 0ep. A lot of people have the theory that you only use your dp up when your ep is low, like <10% this is unproven but it does seem likely.

Bbk.png