Bursting Lobs Setup

Fools_Taco

A lot has changed since i bursted lobs for charms. There is new gear that saves runes or something... i forget.

Whats the best setup for bursting lobs these days.....i need to finish of the skill, 96 just looks bad.

Thanks

Fools_Taco.png

I am currently bursting to 99 mage and it shouldn't cost me more than 25M (from level 84).

Here's my setup:

Battle hood 100

Battle top 100

Battle bottom 100

Arcane Steam necklace

Guthix cape (or any god cape)

Infinity boots

Ring of life

Staff of light

Tome of frost

I save half the runes (even more i'd say) with battle robes and sol, and get a +30% mage bonus thanks to the arcane steam necklace+sol.

Also, I do not need any waters since tome of frost acts like a water staff.

IMO Tome of frost > Arcane Spirit Shield because: Tome of frost will save me ~8m worth of water runes.

If i get arcane, you must pay that 8m, + you must also pay more millions considering the arcane will probably drop in price.

Best of luck :)

Here's my invo if you want:

SGS

Guthix Mitre

Proselyte platebody

Proselyte platelegs

SW cape

12 prayer pots

house tab teleport

green charm

crimson charm

gold charm

blue charm

2.5k deaths (i bring 2.5k casts per trip usually)

5k chaos

200 blood runes (to heal with blood burst)

Holy wrench

2 bunyip pouches.

Hope this helps. :D

w3bi.png

7ahl.pngZr.png1buy.png

eblo.png

I am currently bursting to 99 mage and it shouldn't cost me more than 25M (from level 84).

Here's my setup:

Battle hood 100

Battle top 100

Battle bottom 100

Arcane Steam necklace

Infinity boots

Ring of life

Staff of light

Tome of frost

I save half the runes (even more i'd say) with battle robes and sol, and get a +30% mage bonus thanks to the arcane steam necklace+sol.

IMO Tome of frost > Arcane Spirit Shield because: Tome of frost will save me ~8m worth of water runes.

If i get arcane, you must pay that 8m, + you must also pay more millions considering the arcane will probably drop in price.

SGS

Guthix Mitre

Proselyte platebody

Proselyte platelegs

SW cape

12 prayer pots

house tab teleport

green charm

crimson charm

gold charm

blue charm

5k chaos

Holy wrench

2 bunyip pouches.

This all the information that you will need :)

The above post is pretty much perfect. I would say that you could just wear the sw cape instead of a god cape, due to the fact that mage bonus becomes redundant once you pass ~80. I wouldnt really bring a bunyip, but having it for the journey down there is useful, especially if you don't know how to navigate it well yet. If you dont have a sgs, bring an EE. Bringing a fally shield is useful too, if using a EE. It gives def, a prayer bonus, one free prayer recharge per day, and looks dope xD Other than that, pretty much perfect.

Geesch.png

Geesch.png

Here's my setup:

Battle hood 100

Battle top 100

Battle bottom 100

Arcane Steam necklace

Infinity boots

Ring of life

Staff of light

Tome of frost

SGS

Guthix Mitre

Proselyte platebody

Proselyte platelegs

SW cape

12 prayer pots

house tab teleport

green charm

crimson charm

gold charm

blue charm

5k chaos

Holy wrench

2 bunyip pouches.

^ This setup is rather inefficient. So long as you have blood burst there is no need for a bunyip. There is no need to waste slots on charms, since you could instead carry your food for getting there and rune axes in those slots, and then use the cleared spaces once you arrive. Wearing the SW cape instead of the god cape will only lower your magic attack by a slight bit, and it doesn't make a noticeable difference.

My inventory:

UIYXs.png

If you can't make extreme mage pots replace them with a holy wrench and prayer pots. For me its much more cost effective (gp/crimson) to use barrage than it is to burst.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

How long does it take to get the FoG tokens to repair the robes?

They need tokens to be repaired right>?

Thanks for the replys

It shouldn't take more then an hour and a half to get the 275 tokens needed to recharge the robes. They will need to be charged every 6 hours of combat.

Since he's 96, he might as well bring a wolpertinger with scrolls.

Didn't notice he was 96, so in that case he should definitely bring 4/5 wolpertinger pouches and their scrolls in place of the extreme pots (filling in extra space with prayer pots).

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

Tbh my setup is kinda one of the best. ;) Instead of 2 bunyips pouch (1 in invo and 1 summoned), bring 2 wolper pouches and scrolls. (11 prayer pots instead of 12).

Here are pictures. :)

zrburstinglobssetup.png

Holy wrench gives additional prayer points if you were wondering.

I might write a guide someday...

Best of luck, GL with 99! :^_^:

Another tip to give you: Use Oo'glog's salt-water spa before going, infinite run can be useful to go through the dungeon! :)

w3bi.png

7ahl.pngZr.png1buy.png

eblo.png

I liked doing Mummies because the drops you got made up for the Prayer Pots you had to buy, and then some(:

1. "My ear's in a cup, I guess that doesn't count..."

2. "So heyyy, that's a pretty reasonable reaction huh?"

3. "So you up for NAFTA?"

4. "That went exactly how I wanted it to."

I liked doing Mummies because the drops you got made up for the Prayer Pots you had to buy, and then some(:

I'm pretty sure they want good charm drops not magic xp.

Slayer; it's just what I do.
Thanks Hugger 88 for the awesome siggy!

Click show if you want to see achievements.

TheKoolKandy.png
siggy3s.png
Achievments: Maxed/Comp'd 7th of August 2012. 120 Dungeoneering sometime early december 2011. 99 Slayer achieved October 22nd, 2010. 99 Prayer achieved September 99 18th 2010. Summoning achieved September 14th 2010. 99 Defence achieved May 8th 2010. 99 Constituton achieved April 24th 2010. 99 Attack achieved on January 29th 2010 at 8:00 PM. Questpoint Cape on August 30th 2009.99 Strength (11:47 P.M. August 17 2009).

It's slower xp and no rock lobs give more charms

you can use soul split to heal quite well. One barrage with soul split will heal about 300lp more often than not

Manitstinks.gif

lolud0.pnglol2ni3.png