Something Zombie Related

Wisp

Since I couldn't really mod the dungeoneering style zombie thread, I had a rough idea for a more hegemony themed one.

We start off with a group of 20 survivors, and 1 leader in a post apocalyptic environment. I make a very detailed map, which you all can explore, but you will each only start with a tiny bit (which will be pmed to you).

Here's how gameplay would work. You have one leader, who is in charge of your group. If he dies/becomes zombied, you can pick a new leader from your remaining survivors.

The leader has a few important roles. Having him/her with other survivors in a fight will increase their moral, but it puts him at risk. If you send out a scout, you will only find out what the scout learned once he reports back to your leader in some way (whether by radio if you get one, or in person). If, for example, you have an advance guard outside your base, five miles away, you will not know if they are attacked unless word gets back to your leader.

The idea is there are enough supplies to survive initially, but after that everyone's groups will have to compete over rare and important resources. Not everyone in your group will survive every encounter, expect to lose a few people, and if you're lucky, find more survivors out in the wastelands. I'll post more on this later, but anyone want to play this?

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Hm, will there be magma and zombified carp?

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Hmmm...

The pmed map you send to people should be player centered(So people can't compare).

Since a detailed map is gonna have edges, you should have edge like walls/valleys/rivers in alot of places to prevent people working their way to corners to find out where they are.

I think that there should be layers to the map as well, stairwells, cellers and stuff...since that would mean that people would be exploring to find stockpiles of supplies that would run out after a few days, without the map getting fully explored in a few days/weeks and the game ended.

I suppose Daisy Cups are out of the question?

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

If you have PS or Gimp you can use the layer tool to make a black (fog of war effect) for use, if you want you can just get rid of it.

[hide]dneeringentrance1.png[/hide] If you used a consistent hardness (if you look, some is blurred some is not) it would look pretty great likethose flash games, If you want you could draw a circle with low opacity and then draw a blacker circle making an awesome night effect.

Do you want any help with the map? Big maps take time but this is some work I could do, it was a pretty large so I'd need to focus on a much smaller area (Ireland) to actually get anywhere.

this is some of my map work.

Also, this was suggested before and some of the idea's in my humble opinion made it seem like a really fun game to play albeit a little bit complex.

My link

I want to play it :P

Here is the concept. (mostly copied)

You can either choose to play one human or about one hundred zombies, other humans can join you but are NPC's. Their is a HP system, all humans have 100hp, all zombies have 25hp. You play on a map and can move around to different area's with zombies on your back, you can meet NPC players of find weapons.

Weapons have stats like:

Katana- 50 damage, close range, fast

Knife- 10 damage, close range, very fast

Axe- 60 damage (higher hp'd zombies may eventually come to being, or other humans), close range, slow

Pistol- 30 damage, short range, medium

Rifle- 50 damage, long range, medium

Shotgun- 80 damage, close range, slow

Humans will have bio sheets

Name: Test Human

HP: 100

Speed: Medium

Trait: Trait: +5 all ranged weaponry, expert at electronics

Personality: Test Human is a large stocky guy, he however isn't the strongest of people. Walking for him would be better called waddling however he is faster then most zombies.

A zombie will have stats like:

HP: 25

Speed: Slow

Attack: 5

Infection: 50% chance

Range: Close combat

Number: 100

Anyway, I urge you to read the thread.

[Falador tavern]

Daisy cups? And yeah, the idea would be that if people want to find eachother within the first bit, it would take some effort. Hopefully, there could be some trade too, as some people might have an excess of bulets while lacking food, and someone has a flourishing farm and no bullets.

Oh, and there would be cellars and the like, though those I would probably make up one the spot based on a rng, but one thing I would do is make it so if you explore a building on your map the first time, I put a dot on it, and then if you do an extensive sweep that ensures that it's empty of all supplies, even hidden, I'll put an X over it (not a big x).

On occasion, there will be HUGE zombie/undead hordes passing through the area, which may or may not purposely go for people. If someone's stronghold is near or in the way of their path though, they may have issues.

EDIT: Edel, zombies are npc, and will only infect if fluids are exchanged. I was thinking surviors could have classes, and levels.

So you could have a team of:

Leader

Sharpshooter level 12

Cook level 8

Scrounger level 10

Close combat expert level 3

Etc.

Help with the map would make it easier for me, but if you wanted to play it would mean you would have an advantage, so I'll probably just do it.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Levels could be like dwarf fortress. :D

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

I wonder where you get the number seven from. :)

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Edel, zombies are npc, and will only infect if fluids are exchanged. I was thinking surviors could have classes, and levels.

So you could have a team of:

Leader

Sharpshooter level 12

Cook level 8

Scrounger level 10

Close combat expert level 3

Etc.

Help with the map would make it easier for me, but if you wanted to play it would mean you would have an advantage, so I'll probably just do it.

That would work, how does it work?

Or you could just make me do someplace that I won't get to for a long time and will probably forget, it would only be a five minute advantage.

[Falador tavern]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/String_telephone

Someone told me they were called Daisy Cups in America.

Anywho.

What you could do is have a dungeoneering like leveling system, people get 100 points to distribute between their people and gain points from doing stuff.

The farm is an interesting idea...If the game was set at a rate of 1 month per day, then every X number of days a food crop came in.

As long as there were less farms than players, otherwise everyone would have their own farm, have 15 people farming and everyone wants farming to be faster and take less people...and it would just degenerate into budget resets.

However, if farms existed, were fewer in number and took 15 people to run, then people would have to co-operate and/or trade...So you would have scavangers and farmers, the scavangers protect the farmers and, in exchange, the farmers give food to the scavangers...

That or the scavangers spend 11 days in the wilderness collecting stuff and then come and trade/raid with the farmers for food.

Obviously there would be food elsewhere...but the farms would provide a stable supply.

Sorry Rocco, they already did a DF zombie survival mod. :rolleyes:

I'd honestly prefer to play this, though, apparently that mod wasn't very good.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I'll start the map on my own, and if it becomes too much for me to do, I'll open it up to submissions.

When you first get your survivors, you can pick all their classes, and they start at level 1. They can spend time training at the expense of supplies (ie: Target practice for a sniper), in order to level up though that has a limit. Or they can do useful tasks (ie: Cooking, if they're a cook), or shooting people as a cqb expert.

Some classes would NOT be combat classes, like: Builder, cook, etc.

Better builders would build much better defenses than your average other class, though other classes can still help and do manual labor effectively. Better cooks can make less food count for more, and worse quality food taste better. Sure Rocco, maybe 9 people and a leader, if that works?

Classes could be something like:

Sharpshooter (bonus: Medium-Long Range)

Soldier (Bonus: decent at fighting in all areas, but not great at any one field)

CQB expert (Bonus: Close quarters fighting)

Gunsmith: (Bonus: Better at repairing guns, refilling bullets, etc.)

Mechanic: (Bonus: Better at fixing stuff, like cars, electronics, etc.)

Builder (Bonus: Better at building stuff)

Scavenger (Quicker, can find stuff easier, can evade zombies easier)

Cook: (Various food bonuses)

Bodybuilder: (Can lift larger amounts, can help keep your team fit, best at melee combat)

Veteran (Can help increase moral in combat, and train people, but is fairly vulnerable and slow)

Doctor: (Better at medicine, healing others, etc)

Survivalist: (Best at surviving outside of the stronghold. Good at making shelter, identifying edible plants etc)

Pyromaniac: (Better at making bombs, incendiaries, etc. and uses them safer)

That's all I got for now.

Archi, I was thinking of a bit slower pace, like almost day to day or week each day, but I'm still working everything out.

And you could use a setup like that for getting messages across to the leader, if you want. But it wouldn't go TOO far.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

For items I was thinking we have your basic weapons and all that, three tier's of food (the best foods last the least time, and give the best bonuses, but normal food that wont give any bonuses will not rot for a looooong time)

Also, you wouldn't necessarily have to tell other people what items you have. Imagine their surprise when they try to raid your base with pistols and baseball bats, and run into a heavy machine gun you salvaged from a wrecked tank.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

I think that items should be decided on the day and than put on the first page, for example if someone finds a new weapon (Dooms discrection) it can be put on the first page, this doesn't limit us so much.

Anyway, I bloody well know which class I'm going to choose :P

Doom, can you please post the map or a preview.

[Falador tavern]

What we could do is create tiles...So each person creates a few tiles, which Doom randomises and slots into the map.

Since the tiles don't have cellers or stockpiles on (just terrain I assume) we don't get much of an advantage since, by the time we recognised the tile, we would have already explored most of it.

Depending on the size of the tile...obvouisly.

I'll work on a sample of the map, but not tonight I don't think, I've been out for the better part of the day, I'm exhausted.

For items, how about I have a basic list of items, and then people may find some rarer things not on the list?

Also, for items would people prefer specific item names for things such as weapons, or generic? So for example, instead of finding a cache of 'Assault Rifles and ammo' you might stumble upon a cache of AK-47's, and 7.62x39mm ammo.

I like more specific (I promise not to get too obscure with weapons and ammo) because it means ammo is less common in general, as if you may have 10,000 9mm bullets, but you only have a gun that shoots .45acp. Makes trading more important if people run into eachother.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Here's a preview of the first post. I'm in the middle or writing the building list, which is why it's unfinished.

Zombie thread:

Introduction:

It's been a few months, and humanity died out pretty fast. At first the infection spread through every means possible, water, air, and of course, blood. Unless you were in a bomb shelter after Z-day, you were probably infected, and you just didn't know it yet. Unless you were lucky. Very lucky. For some people, the only way to become a ghoul was to be bit. Nowadays, they are the only people left. You and the other survivors came from another area.. maybe another country, it's hard to tell where's where these days, but all that matters is you had to leave there, and now you're here.

Be careful though, it's a free for all out in the wasteland.

Starting out:

First, pick if you want you (the leader) to be male or female.

Next, pick the classes for 5 of your 9 survivors. You can have more than one of each class if you wish.

If you chose to be a male leader, 5 of your survivors will be female, and 4 male, so there are 5 of each, and the opposite if you chose to be female.

Form:

Leader name and gender:

Pick five classes:

[hide=class list]

Sharpshooter (bonus: Medium-Long Range)

Soldier (Bonus: decent at fighting in all areas, but not great at any one field)

CQB expert (Bonus: Close quarters fighting)

Gunsmith: (Bonus: Better at repairing guns, refilling bullets, etc.)

Mechanic: (Bonus: Better at fixing stuff, like cars, electronics, etc.)

Builder (Bonus: Better at building stuff)

Scavenger (Quicker, can find stuff easier, can evade zombies easier)

Cook: (Various food bonuses)

Bodybuilder: (Can lift larger amounts, can help keep your team fit, best at melee combat)

Veteran (Can help increase moral in combat, and train people, but is fairly vulnerable and slow)

Doctor: (Better at medicine, healing others, etc)

Survivalist: (Best at surviving outside of the stronghold. Good at making shelter, identifying edible plants etc)

Pyromaniac: (Better at making bombs, incendiaries, etc. and uses them safer)

Farmer: (Best at farming, raising livestock)

Scout: (Fastest, best at scouting, but vulnerable)

Archer: (Best at archery)

Fisher: (Best at Fishing)

[/hide]

Gameplay in a nutshell. You only know what your leader knows, with a few exceptions. So if you send a scout out, if he dies on the way back you don't get any of his info, unless he contacts you via radio, writes it down on a map which is then recovered, etc. This game is closest to hegemony, though it is clearly on a much smaller scale. Any example of what you could do as an order is:

"I send my level 2 sharpshooter, and all of my scouts to explore to the north, and bring back anything that they can carry that is valuable. If they run into other people, they will try to help them if it will not endanger my men too much. (insert various other orders for their troops here)"

After some time, you'll get a result of the actions. If you have an important missions send yourself (the leader) along with them, so you can control them more directly, and make decisions.

Buildings can be constructed from "salvage", which is a general material for construction. Some things, beside basic barricades, and houses and the like will require special items, which you'll have to find. Salvage can come from pretty much anywhere, abandonded buildings, cars, and so on, but it's heavy so each survivor can only carry one unit of salvage, and almost nothing else at a time. An example of a strategy to keep your people busy would be to clear out a building complex thouroughly, make sure it's safe, then send your survivors in to collect salvage until there is either none left, or you get as much as you need.

Basic Buildings and Costs:

(Salvage= $)

[hide=Barricades and the like]

Basic barricade (BB):

Dimensions: 1x1 pixel

Cost: 1$

Blocks path, but can be destroyed relatively easily given enough time.

Standard Barricade (SB):

Dimensions: 1x1 pixel

Cost: 2$

Sturdier than a BB

Advanced Barricade (AB):

Dimensions: 1x1 Pixel

Cost 5$

Very sturdy, but with enough time and manpower can be destroyed.

Chainlink fence (CF)

Dimensions: 2x1 pixel

Weaker than a BB, but will atleast slow zombies down.

OTHER:

Includes cement walls (requiring cement mixer, cement), steel walls, etc. based on uncommon or rare items found around the world

[/hide]

[hide=Shelters and Utility buildings]

Lean-to(LT):

Dimensions: 2x2 pixel

Cost: 3$

Provides a place to sleep, but offers no protection, and no morale bonuses

Sturdy Bed (SB):

Dimensions 1x1 pixel

Provides a place to sleep, with some morale bonus. Usable only inside.

[/hide]

Very unfinished right now, and needs cleaning up, but feedback on the basics?

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

This kinda makes me think of another game with a similar format.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

For weapons I'd say go with lots of different specific weapons because people fidn guns interesting, having to sort through bullets would just be boring. Maybe 3-4 different bullets but lots of guns.

Also, a couple of suggestions for the map:

You need a: Chinatown or asia town filled to the brim with weapons, military encampment filled with guns, maybe a tank or two, A raidable chemist, a garden shop, a rich guys estate, an under map sewage system.

Also you need pills that do diffrent things and diffrent chemicals that do diffrent things.

Like made up bombs and sleeping tablets and stuff.

[Falador tavern]

For weapons I'd say go with lots of different specific weapons because people fidn guns interesting, having to sort through bullets would just be boring. Maybe 3-4 different bullets but lots of guns.

Also, a couple of suggestions for the map:

You need a: Chinatown or asia town filled to the brim with weapons, military encampment filled with guns, maybe a tank or two, A raidable chemist, a garden shop, a rich guys estate, an under map sewage system.

Also you need pills that do diffrent things and diffrent chemicals that do diffrent things.

Like made up bombs and sleeping tablets and stuff.

Weapons wise, I'll be fairly realistic. It'll probably be roughly based in America, so you'll mostly find guns like the m9 (9mm) glock pistols (9mm) m1911 (.45acp) m16/m4 (5.56x45mm), maybe some various .308 rifles. That's not much to deal with. Oh, and of course a bunch of .22's.

I don't want large amounts of arms to be readily available, plus I want it to not be as if everyone just vanished. Most places will have already been raided.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

I am sooo basing my survivors off of this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Enemy_(Higson_novel)

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Let's see...

Arran - Leader

Maxie - Veteran

Achilleus - Bodybuilder

Ollie - Sharpshooter

Ben - Mechanic

Bernie - Builder

Maeve - Doctor

Freak - Survivalist

Deke - Scavenger

Josh - Soldier

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Well the idea is that half the survivors are male, and half female, so I don't think that'll work. Plus you can only choose classes for 5 of them.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Ah, right.

Maxie - Leader

Blue - Veteran

Maeve - Doctor

Ben - Builder

Bernie (who is, BTW, female) - Mechanic

Sophie - Archer

Whitney

Ollie

Achilleus

Lewis

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I'll probably have to hold off on starting this until school, because oddly enough time I will have more time for roleplays then, since I spend nearly every waking moment of my summer out of the house or with friends. I'll work on a map in the meantime though.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain