Farming 60+

AuburnFury

I just got level 60 farming, and i do quite enjoy it (all of a sudden haha) i was wondering how i should go about getting to higher levels.

I have money to spend if needs, should i carry on planting maples, doing 2 toadflax runs inbetween?

Or should i move to yew trees? I can't decide if the extra money is worth the xp?

What i do at the minute, is pick oranges from my orange trees, use that to pay farmers for my maples and run 2 or 3 toadflax between.

Are bushes and stuff worth the hassle for the small (i think) xp they give?

That's quite a lot to have answered, but thanks fo any help, i've read a couple of guides but they don't seem to help much

auburnfury.png

Here's a spreadsheet taken from the Archive of Wisdom, showing experience, gp costs and efficiency of different things you can farm:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=tvyX6CDj7qNBx5xIA5ShA-w&output=html

Maple Trees aren't that efficient for a low level tree, usually being between -8gp/xp and -9gp/xp

Keep farming herbs even if you decide to spend money on doing magic trees, willow trees, or anything in between. They're fast to farm and supply you with a very good, reliable cash flow for you to spend on more expensive methods.

Bushes aren't worth the effort IMO, but if you can work them into your daily routine, they're worth planting. Although I'd say checking the health of them and replanting is probably better to do, instead of just picking berries from them.

Not sure what else to add in, but do take a look at that spreadsheet, it helps you know what to plant and when. :-) Hope this helps.

Yagami.png

I would like to get the most difficult 99 in the game to accomplish. which is woodcutting.
because I had a drunken night in philadelphia and sprayed a fire extinguiser, evacuated a 7 story hotel on the philly stadium, spent the night in jail.. then got on level 2 prob & have to pay 50 a month because I have a job. It's their way of collecting more money out of me.

Yagami.png

Yagami.png

Yagami.png

Vinesweeper is good.

1. "My ear's in a cup, I guess that doesn't count..."

2. "So heyyy, that's a pretty reasonable reaction huh?"

3. "So you up for NAFTA?"

4. "That went exactly how I wanted it to."

I personally do willows, pineapples, and ranaar with good results. Good exp and profit? Idk I never cared as much to crunch the numbers.

Please Visit my Blog!

sig.jpg

- Experienced Monster Hunter - Forced Retirement Staker - Privite Chat is always ON -

1 Draconic Visage 26 Dragon Drops 1 GWD Drops 17 DK Drops 13 Coinshared Items

Vinesweeper is good.

Why are you not banned yet?

Anyway, you might wanna upgrade your toadflax's to avantoes, more xp and more profit which can be used to buy tree seeds. You can either stick with maples (personally I use willows because I'm cheap), or you can move onto yews, however maples are a much better price for what you're paying.

Goldenjkered.png

Whips: 3 Dragon Boots: 15

My 99's: Attack & Cooking

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Goldenjkered

Bushes aren't worth the effort IMO, but if you can work them into your daily routine, they're worth planting. Although I'd say checking the health of them and replanting is probably better to do, instead of just picking berries from them.

Until you get to 70 farming, after which poison ivies are pretty decent. The monastery patch is also super easy to get to with the ardy cape (any level)

For now, I'd hold off on buying bulk seeds. The recent seed change update threw everything into a flurry of confusingness, but it looks like things are starting to stabalize again.

Until you get to 70 farming, after which poison ivies are pretty decent. The monastery patch is also super easy to get to with the ardy cape (any level)

For now, I'd hold off on buying bulk seeds. The recent seed change update threw everything into a flurry of confusingness, but it looks like things are starting to stabalize again.

Champion's Guild is just as fast to get to with a combat brace. Rimmington too once you've Love Story (or if you move your house there I guess).

Rule of thumb, yews are about the same gp/xp as palm trees. If you're willing to plant one, you should be willing to plant the other. (I mean, obviously you can't plant palm trees at 60 farming, but you know what I mean, right?) Considering you're not planting papayas, which are both faster and cheaper for xp than maples, I'm guessing you're more of a willow-type farmer.

Champion's Guild is just as fast to get to with a combat brace. Rimmington too once you've Love Story (or if you move your house there I guess).

Rule of thumb, yews are about the same gp/xp as palm trees. If you're willing to plant one, you should be willing to plant the other. (I mean, obviously you can't plant palm trees at 60 farming, but you know what I mean, right?) Considering you're not planting papayas, which are both faster and cheaper for xp than maples, I'm guessing you're more of a willow-type farmer.

I'm more of a, give me lots of xp type farmer =D just lacking in knowledge really, i'll switch to papayas now, thanks haha

auburnfury.png

My daily farming routine:

-first every herb and flower patch. Once in catherby, gather the fruits from the tree patch

-ardy cloak tele to the bush patch.

-run to the jade vine and re-plant it.

-ship to karamja and take the fruits.

-teleport crystal to lletya patch.

-cabbage port and run to rimmington patch.

-combat bracelet to the champions guild patch.

-falador tele, check the trees there and taverley, re-plant.

-home tele to the lumbridge tree patch.

-varrock tele to the tree patch there and then use the spirit tree to go to the gnome stronghold.

-gather fruits and check tree.

-spirit tree to gnome village and gather fruits there.

-Run to the fairy ring near yanille and teleport to miscellania

-after getting approval to 100% and possibly adding money to the kingdom, gather berries from the patch.

Next day, same thing.

I do other things too, but those were the farming ones.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.