get rid of useless things

arthur825

whats the point of having a chair when u cant sit down on it?whats the point of having fountains if all u can do is examine it?whats the point of beds if u cant sleep in them?(not asking for fatigue back)

any1 else agree with me?

No these are all aspects of the game to make it seem more believable. How could a town not have any beds, where would the people sleep?

How could there be no chairs no one can stand the whole day.

I like all the believable aspects of the games, and since they are not hurting you in anyway why do you care? are you suggesting there shouldn't be any walls around cities, because nothing ever attacks, should there be no fences or gates or doors, because we don't need those either?

Plus fountains can be used for filling things with water, except the one in varrock. and the wise old man has a kalphite under his bed, and miss schism is sitting in a chair in draynor. See all these things are used regardless of what you think.

intermissiontintdawg7qfedit28b.jpg

Your true character is what you are like when you believe there are no repercussions.

The real question is "Why not?". There is no reason not to have these items in the game, and they certainly add a huge amount of realism; what if there were no walls in Runescape? Yes, it is a stupid idea, but it is pretty much the same as what you are suggesting; if there were only things that you could use to get exp or to do quests with, Runescape would not only look terrible, but would also be a stupid game.

No these are all aspects of the game to make it seem more believable. How could a town not have any beds, where would the people sleep?

Hold on a minute. A fantasy MMORPG, when you shoot magic balls at each other, can fletch a bow in 3 seconds, can carry a weight of 500kg+ in a backpack...and you comment on realism?

Hold on a minute. A fantasy MMORPG, when you shoot magic balls at each other, can fletch a bow in 3 seconds, can carry a weight of 500kg+ in a backpack...and you comment on realism?

I was talking about the game world not certain aspects of the game. In case you never read a fantasy book o played other games. There are certain rules that go along with the world within these rules there is a certain realsim. Duh of course this game and fantasy on a whole is fake, i wasn't saying that it was, i simply stated that if all the useless things were gone every store would be clumped together in a giant "mall" and every monster would be in the same 1000+ level dungeon.

intermissiontintdawg7qfedit28b.jpg

Your true character is what you are like when you believe there are no repercussions.

Realism is beside the point.

Chairs, beds, etc, merely add to the atmosphere. Just as plants and flowers are apropos outside, chairs and beds are apropos indoors.

Why the heck not. :D

Runescape Name: "unbug07"

sunsig6yg.png

Expand your mind.

Props like tables, benches, etc. help with suspension of disbelief, which is a fundamental aspect of all fantasy settings. It's hard to find any credibility in a setting without at least some measure of realism, because it's hard to take it seriously without anything familiar we can relate to.

Wait a second guys, perhaps Arthur has a point. We don't actually need the grass, the hills, the desert sand, the fields, the icy mountains, the dank swampy sewers or the barren wasteland of the wilderness...

Why don't we just get Jagex to remove the entire floor of Runescape, and everyone can walk about in giant bland, boring, meaningless black space.. [/sarcasm]

Note: For those of you that couldn't decipher the above message, Iantiger does not, I repeat does NOT approve of this idea

~Ian

newsig4ty.jpg

Retired Tip It Moderator | Zybez Radio DJ - Listen Here