obsidian

NeoHysterix

I just think that there should be a new metal called obsidian. You need the same lvl of mith to smith and mine it and you could only mine it with an obsidian pickaxe (got the idea form people using diamond to break diamond because of its hardness.) in the karamja volcano, lava maze, tzhaar, and other places where there is lava. Anyone like my idea?

Obsidian is a form of volcanic glass, (SiO2) it's not a metal, the idea of the TzHaar obsidian items is that they are relatively hard to obtain, and not mass producable.

there are no stupid questions

just way too many inquisitive idiots

balance is scary to people who like things easy for them

Utopianflame.png

I dunno I was just reading something about aztecs and how the use obsidian blades and that idea just popped in my head. I didnt know what to call so i just named it a type of metal and if I had know idea what obsidian is i wouldn't post anything about it but thanks for the background information utopian flame.

Plus, not to mention that we already have obsidian stuff... It sounds like you already know that it exists, why make a suggestion that would make weapons that are weaker than the obsidian weapons ALREADY IN THE GAME. And flame is right, obsidian isn't a metal, nor can it be smithed like metal.

Small Children Scared Count:3

22dr.jpg

Actually, the dark dagger used in the legends quest is made of obsidian, and has stats weaker than steel.

But whatever floats Jagex's boat!

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Obsidian can be made however all you do is find some igneous rock and chip pieces off to make sharp edges. Some blades made from obsidian can be sharper than modern scalpels used in medicine i can see making obsidian arrows however similar to Native American's.

Obsidian can be made however all you do is find some igneous rock and chip pieces off to make sharp edges. Some blades made from obsidian can be sharper than modern scalpels used in medicine i can see making obsidian arrows however similar to Native American's.

and the tips can be as sharp as an atom in length on the blade, they should be considered better then drag items.....