Combat Advice Needed

Leoo

After several years I haven't touched combat. I don't know why I haven't trained combat but its most likely I'm more of a skiller. I'm seriously behind with my knowledge of combat which I want to start training again.

My combat stats are currently as follows:

Attack: 77

Consituation: 78

Defence: 77

Magic: 83

Prayer: 70

Ranged: 75

Strength: 75

Summoning: 62

I know these are pretty awful statistics, I'm aware of that. I'm looking to train Slayer to boost my meele areas. However, here are some points:

- Completing Smoking kills is the first thing on my to do list

- My Slayer level is 72

- I haven't done Smoking Kills

- I have a Fighter Torso, Black Mask and Abyssal Whip

- I would rather train Ranged and Magic outside Slayer

- Got about 8m cash

Here are some questions:

What meele gear should I buy? I pratically have nothing as I sold a lot of my meele equipment to train other skills.

How should I train strength?

Which Slayer Master would be most suitable for me? And at which levels should I change my Slayer Master?

What areas in Magic and Ranged would be good for killing particular Slayer monsters?

Okay this questions might raise a few eyebrows but I've never seen it been explained. With Equipment Bonuses, lets say what would every 10 bonus contribute to have an affect in combat? For example, if I had a a Strength bonus of 5, how would 5 have mathematically have an affect on how high I hit? Or is it all random?

I'm happy to read any advice involving combat. Even if its to train my prayer or train a combat based kill using faster methods other than Slayer or to obtain Dungeoneering items. I'm looking for getting my Slayer level in the mid 80's for now and I'm hoping to make a few million on the way.

Thanks in advance.

Do smoking kills, get a slayer helmet ASAP.

Use the highest master for your slayer level (Duradel/Lapalok for now)

Buy a black mask until you can make slayer helmets.

Get 68 summon for bunyip (Slayers best friend!)

Should of mentioned that is the first thing on my list and to mention I already have a Black mask.

Would you say to train 68 Summoning using a faster charm drop rate method or to just to train Slayer for now and save up the charms?

Should of mentioned that is the first thing on my list and to mention I already have a Black mask.

Would you say to train 68 Summoning using a faster charm drop rate method or to just to train Slayer for now and save up the charms?

Just slay and get the crims I guess, shouldn't take too long to get 68 summons worth slaying constantly.

Ohyeah, and invest in a nice stock of super attack and strength potions - they speed up the training signifigantly (Assuming you can't make extremes/overloads)

if your looking to train jsut strength, get a saradomin sword. if not, jsut train with whip on controlled. Id recommend using torags legs for now, and use a rune defender. Best tasks to mage are metal dragons, range would be blue dragons, greater and black demons, and gargoyles once you unlock them. And what he said about bunyip, just slay for charms. bunyip will revolutionize how you train slayer. once you get 75 slay, switch immediately to kuradal. the ferocious ring is epic, itl speed things up so much.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

The base slayer gear is as follows (alternatives in brackets):

• [For all slayer monsters except those mentioned under other weapons] Chaotic rapier (whip)
  • Bandos body + legs (Verac's skirt with either fighter torso or proselyte top)
  • [Depending on prayer/accuracy needs] Fire cape/Soul Wars cape/Ardougne cloak 3
  • Barrows gloves (your best rfd gloves, at least rune)
  • Dragon boots (rune boots)
  • Amulet of fury (glory)
  • Rune defender
  • Berserker ring (i)/ferocious ring if slaying in Kuradal's Dungeon (berserker ring, warrior ring)
  • [Most important] Full slayer helmet.
  • [For magic defence on waterfiends/aquanites] Karil's top and bottom (black dragonhide body and chaps)
  • [Crush attacks to use on waterfiends] Chaotic maul (saradomin sword, zamorakian spear)
  • [stab attacks for higher-levelled dragons, when not using rapier] Zamorakian spear (leaf-bladed sword)
  • Task-specific items such as mirror shields, antifire shields/potions, elemental shields, rock hammers, crystal chimes
  • Cannon (optional, up to personal preference)

Slayer setups generally emphasise strength bonus, which increases the average damage of each succesful hit (slayer monsters usually having rather low defence, hitting is not a problem). Secondly, prayer bonus is important to keep the cost of prayer potions down (as you slay with piety on, to increase the speed of your kills. This is cost-effective and highly recommended). As a rule of thumb, +15 prayer bonus or above is good, but don't overdo it (anything above +25 is a waste). Defence and accuracy bonus are usually not fretted over (any defence bonus over 200 will do; if you get hit too often you should be using a protection prayer). Dagganoth, black demon, lesser demon, hellhound, bloodveld and spectre tasks should be cannoned, as it dramatically increases xp rates (although it costs a bit).

Some notes on gear: You'll want a fury and a berserker ring before you get bandos plate, and get that before tassets. You'll want accuracy bonus on higher-levelled dragons; if using stab attacks (which you should) you can use the Ardougne cloak 3 which provides you with +6 stab and +6 prayer bonus. Torso + sw cape and fire cape + proselyte are common cheap top/cape combinations; the former is better.

Some levels to get for slayer (in approximate order but I'm not sure on the summoning):

• 68 summoning - bunyip
  • 81 dungeoneering (you need 2 million xp, which takes you to level 80, but allowing some tokens for the scroll of life) - rapier
  • 89 herblore (85 with a +4 stew boost) - extreme potions, superantifires
  • 95 prayer - turmoil and soul split
  • 88 summoning - unicorn
  • 96 herblore (91 with a +5 stew boost) - overload
  • 99 summoning - steel titan

I'm sure I missed something but this is most of it.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Good information in this thread thus far. As for your stats unless having max combat is the only thing nowadays that's considered any good your not really that bad. Just slay for charms your have enough for 68 in no time. You can train magic any number of ways, I prefer combat magic and would just camp metals.

If you ever want a setup for that or have any questions just pm me. Range you could tank aviansies once you get a bunyip or use bones to peaches if you want. Could be some decent exp and good profits.

Also I agree with using piety, I dint over do it, generally flash it between monsters and turn it off if I am bout to kill the monster. If you want to do more afking don't use piety as much. Good luck

Please Visit my Blog!

sig.jpg

- Experienced Monster Hunter - Forced Retirement Staker - Privite Chat is always ON -

1 Draconic Visage 26 Dragon Drops 1 GWD Drops 17 DK Drops 13 Coinshared Items

Until you get a bunyip think about buying some guthans, str training buy a saradomin sword or if u want to save money a d scim + rune def isnt horrible but its not very great either, stick with either deradeal/ sumona depending on what your going for and keep urself balanced in att/str/def until 80s in all. dont worry about all the fine details but have fun with it

"Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances."

Benjamin Franklin

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Albert Einstein

G%20I%20Jackass.png

G_I_Jackass.png

For now, get a verac skirt, black mask, whip, d boots, glory, explorers ring (or anything else really), and a torag plate or proselyte top. Just wait for strength, use a whip until you have enough money for a saradomin sword and the above equipment.

2s0cxth.png