Tip.It Times - 12th September 2010

Racheya

Time for a new release of the: >>>Tip.It Times!<<<

When replying please make sure to clarify the article you are replying to! Thanks!

If you spot any typos or mistakes in the article then please PM them to me :)

Enjoy the articles!

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

i think if i was a new player, I would be excited and a bit overwhelmed by all the "new" content that's been added since I started

I also love the new basic outfits. I always have fun when they add a new batch of clothes.

FIRST POST! Hooah!

Diomedus.png

Diomedus.png

War is not about who's right, it's about who's left

Very good articles this week, the first article was a bit confusing but at the end they pulled it all together and made a good point about long term stability and short-term changes; a highlight of my week as always keep up the good work :thumbsup: !

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Good articles, however there were two things which concerned me.

First, the DYK. What's next , "Did you know useful tools could be useful"? I'm sorry, I know you're running low on DYKs, and no, I haven't submitted one as I haven't found anything fitting yet, at least not conciously.

However, I'd rather have no DYK than reading obvious stuff and being disappointed every week.

Second, in the Article on Jagex's update behaviour, the author said: "Consider Dungeoneering; a skill which served largely as a hobby for a few months before the rollout of items such as chaotic weapons and rewards such as frost dragons (with their delightfully rewarding skeletons). Like Summoning, the skill itself was not useful in the core game until the second sweeping batch of updates came into play. "

I don't know what game you've been playing, but in MY Runescape, chaotic equipment has been there before batch 2, and the price was very soon lowered. Batch 2 did definitely not change Dungeoneering from a hobby to a reward-driven skill. It increased the gaming experience while dungeoneering, and it gave some nice new rewards, yes but it didn't really shift any balance. I think there's a huge difference to Summoning Batch 2, and Dungeoneering was DEFINITELY useful before Batch 2. and also, as "batch 2" was divided into several updates, you can't kally it a "sweeping batch" either, that's just plain overstatement.

Good articles, however there were two things which concerned me.

First, the DYK. What's next , "Did you know useful tools could be useful"? I'm sorry, I know you're running low on DYKs, and no, I haven't submitted one as I haven't found anything fitting yet, at least not conciously.

However, I'd rather have no DYK than reading obvious stuff and being disappointed every week.

Second, in the Article on Jagex's update behaviour, the author said: "Consider Dungeoneering; a skill which served largely as a hobby for a few months before the rollout of items such as chaotic weapons and rewards such as frost dragons (with their delightfully rewarding skeletons). Like Summoning, the skill itself was not useful in the core game until the second sweeping batch of updates came into play. "

I don't know what game you've been playing, but in MY Runescape, chaotic equipment has been there before batch 2, and the price was very soon lowered. Batch 2 did definitely not change Dungeoneering from a hobby to a reward-driven skill. It increased the gaming experience while dungeoneering, and it gave some nice new rewards, yes but it didn't really shift any balance. I think there's a huge difference to Summoning Batch 2, and Dungeoneering was DEFINITELY useful before Batch 2. and also, as "batch 2" was divided into several updates, you can't kally it a "sweeping batch" either, that's just plain overstatement.

That was my first thought when I read the thing on Dunge. Frankly, although the new stuff helps Dunge, I have to agree. There was no "batch 2" of Dunge - it was split up into several updates. We're still waiting on some, actually.

But some of the key things that Dunge offers, chaotic weapons, the arcane stream (Well that one is big to me) all came out from the start. The new mage prayer also was out from the start, although the range one came later. But the biggest offers of Dunge were and still are, in my opinion, Chaotic weapons. Which were out from the start.

Well, now that I'm done bashing a small part of the article... overall, it was a pretty good read, reminding us that Jagex does at least try to balance the game between the combat triangle and skillers.

The fashion one was interesting too - frankly, I'm wondering if Jagex will release some option so we can "show" the default clothes while in combat, while still "wearing" armor. I have to say I very much like the new fashions, especially since I usually bank all my equipment if I'm not in combat anyways. Good point with Dunge too, great looking armor there - unfortunately, it's hard to get a full set of it, especially the higher level sets. Stuff like full primal is pretty much impossible.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Well, you could always just get together with a team and let each other wear the same suit of armor and take pictures with it.

As for the clothing, maybe another image overhaul for the older stuff is in order?...The new art hires are doing pretty well so far, save for the eye update which still kind of freaks me out if I focus too much on it.

Right now I'm just waiting for the end of the Void quest chain.

8f14270694.jpg

I'm glad people liked my article, it's definitely true that the graphics for armour are changing. In some ways, it's a bit more subtle. Others, like the new base clothes, make it very obvious.

And as for Did you knows, sometimes they're a bit more 'obvious'. I hope people realise that the population of Tif is, on general, more knowledgeable about Runescape than the average player might be - we know the tips and tricks that might just seem obvious to us. Because of this, DYK's might be very good for the general player who comes to our site. It can sometimes be hard to find things that you might not know :)

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

^I didn't expect to read that here. Okay, forget my critique about this week's DYK

Hey, it's not my fault I'm an idiot and don't know everything. :razz:

I'm not saying your an idiot just because you didn't know a minor fact :P It's just that I didn't expect it and that's why I was critisizing the DYK :mellow:

i have always been an adwocate for rebalencing the triangle especially when it comes to f2p and even more so f2p mages (currently only 2% of the population) and i belive that while certian updates certainly fixed the p2p triangle jagex seems to have left f2p with a one way road, mele ranged is a sidequest for g dragonhide and usefull for some foes and mage is good for teles superheat and high alchemy.

Riptide 5000

50 atc

50 str

55 def

59 mage

34 ranged

38 prayer

50 dungeoneering :<O

65 combat

Anybody can punch someone it takes guts to slap them

someone once said the f2p combat triamgle was 2% mages 13% rangers and 85% melerss.

I said no its 2% allies 13% anoying gnats and 85% walking dartboards with bronze daggers

mod poppy said:

Siciliae - posting about jumping into bathtubs with electrical equipment is not really cool.

Can you edit it out of any further iterations of your spam, er, I mean message.

archsupportei2.png

tagline1.gif

Well, you could always just get together with a team and let each other wear the same suit of armor and take pictures with it.

As for the clothing, maybe another image overhaul for the older stuff is in order?...The new art hires are doing pretty well so far, save for the eye update which still kind of freaks me out if I focus too much on it.

Right now I'm just waiting for the end of the Void quest chain.

Even assuming that you somehow had a team where all the pieces of say, Primal were bound by a different member (wouldn't happen, who the hell binds primal gloves/boots?) I'm pretty damned sure you couldn't trade it.

Anything that a player can make you could possibly run into the whole set - but probably the only time a player wears full Primal is during the Dungeoneering cape emote...

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

the fashion update is a very good idea that came up for jagex,,, and when i changed my outlook everyone asks me where did you buy ur armor or whats the name of ur armor

seems that many people dont know about it :/

Am a shadow and smoke in your eyes, Am a ghost but hides in the light.

runescape01.jpg

the fashion update is a very good idea that came up for jagex,,, and when i changed my outlook everyone asks me where did you buy ur armor or whats the name of ur armor

That's because many people don't bother to read the updates.

Silverfox30.png

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.
^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

That's because many people don't bother to read the updates.

Well, to be fair, the last few times they've changed the clothes they made a bigger deal of it, despite the clothes not being as good; this time, it was just a small lil blip in the "other news" section.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

I know that there are VERY VERY few players who have been playing for anywhere close to what I have.

I started playing in October 2000 (i think was october).. This was when leaving lumbridge resulted in being player killed. This eventually changed such that you were safe from player killing in cities only.

Addy plates were worth 20k+ and people lined up to get their 'brand new' colored capes!! (and paid upto 3k for them).. eventually rune was released, as was the wilderness..

Free trade was rampant, and something that I still believe should be used (versus the GE) - In my humble opinion the GE was a mistake.

I miss the days of have 300-500 people behind the varrok east bank all selling their goods on the old classic world 1. Now a-days theres no communicative sales.. its totally annonymous..

All of this, before members worlds were even thought of..

MY point is, that change is inevitable. And we must accept it and move on..

Free trade was rampant, and something that I still believe should be used (versus the GE) - In my humble opinion the GE was a mistake.

I miss the days of have 300-500 people behind the varrok east bank all selling their goods on the old classic world 1. Now a-days theres no communicative sales.. its totally annonymous..

If I have to choose between returning before G.E. or stopping RuneScape ... oh God I'll just stop RS. It was effin annoying! Shouting for hours (well at least 5-10 minutes) to sell/buy something with at least 20 people trying to scam you every 10 seconds. IF you see someone selling the stuff you need you need to have some eagle eyes or something because the message disappears in mere nanoseconds. Not to mention that I can buy/sell whatever I want whenever I want at one place with no need to stay at the place after I put the offer =/.

GE is the best thing that happen to MY gaming exp.