Fire Cape for Ice Strykewyrms

Lamm

I recently got 93 Slayer but i dont have a fire cape, and probably wont be able to get one due to the graphic lighting in the room (think some others have this problem to). I was wondering if i should use the 2k points to allow me to kill them or just not unlock them. And if i was to kill them without the fire cape would mage still be good or should i use melee against them.

Lamm.png

If you really can't get it and know someone who can and trust, there is a way(well, obviously i'm not going to mention it, but just say'in).

Otherwise, yes, it's borderline worth getting for the drops, but don't expect amazing xp from the task anymore. Mageing them without a fire cape really isn't worth it as it would be somewhat slower than melee and much more expensive. Also consider cannoning when you don't have fire cape.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

So I should use the 2k points to unlock them and mage them?

I can't beat Jad either, yet I still net at least 1m a task, and it's still about 45k Slayer xp/hr. With Fire Surge, you'll be hitting 600+ regardless of a fire cape or not. Arcane Stream helps a bit too, though without it my max hit with 99 Magic was around 580. With the Stream it's well over 650.

So yes, it's still totally worth it, and I prefer the Soul Wars cape for the prayer bonus since you'll be praying mage the whole time.

I get ~200k mage xp from a 140 task or so(without a cape and using firesurge).They're not that bad.

The more mage xp you get the worse you are at maging them, y'know? I don't think i get that much mage xp from even a max task.

And well, considering you don't even have fire surge(the next best spell would be wave, and that's a huge loss), no, you shouldn't even consider maging. And just to be clear, melee is BETTER than mage without fire cape(with fire cape the figures are 35k vs 40k slayer xp an hour no cannon).

I get ~200k mage xp from a 140 task or so(without a cape and using firesurge).They're not that bad.

The more mage xp you get the worse you are at maging them, y'know? I don't think i get that much mage xp from even a max task.

And well, considering you don't even have fire surge(the next best spell would be wave, and that's a huge loss), no, you shouldn't even consider maging. And just to be clear, melee is BETTER than mage without fire cape(with fire cape the figures are 35k vs 40k slayer xp an hour no cannon).

I believe Zarfot said with Fire cape it's a max of 48k xp/hr in Slayer. Regardless, even if you don't have the fire cape, as long as you have Fire Surge it is worth it to mage them. A 40 damage difference might go a long way, but when you're hitting them with constant 600's+ they're gonna down a lot faster than if you melee'd.

I believe Zarfot said with Fire cape it's a max of 48k xp/hr in Slayer. Regardless, even if you don't have the fire cape, as long as you have Fire Surge it is worth it to mage them. A 40 damage difference might go a long way, but when you're hitting them with constant 600's+ they're gonna down a lot faster than if you melee'd.

Erm...i hit constant 600s with melee so...also, magic is only 5 speed...

And well, going by your example(and i guess this is only fair), zarfot, himself, MELEES ice wyrms. Also you overlooked the part about no cannon, i get 50k an hour on the tasks that i do, but w/e, i have a fire cape. Fire surge doesn't automatically mean it will be better, and the fact that mage is MUCH more expensive makes it much worse. I think mage isn't even better if you don't have arcane stream necklace(with fire cape, that is), just because of the cost.

Another point to remember, while you are talking about hitting 600s without a cape, others are hitting 1100's.

No. Not that great xp, and 2k tokens be way better spent skipping tasks then on ISW. SOL is only around 4m anyways.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

No. Not that great xp, and 2k tokens be way better spent skipping tasks then on ISW. SOL is only around 4m anyways.

Logic tells me its much more worth wild just to try and skip for mroe abyssal demons. Or any other task. Kind of a waste IMO, if you have the cape cool beans if not, not really worth it. Maybe if SOL was 10M+

Please Visit my Blog!

sig.jpg

- Experienced Monster Hunter - Forced Retirement Staker - Privite Chat is always ON -

1 Draconic Visage 26 Dragon Drops 1 GWD Drops 17 DK Drops 13 Coinshared Items

I don't think it's a bad task by any means even when you don't have the cape- you can still get up to 42k slayer xp an hour and profit greatly, but it's just no longer worth it to mage the task(max around 38k slayer xp an hour). Should you spend 2k points? no idea, getting a fire cape is by far the sensible thing to do, but if you really don't find any way it'd be possible, then yes, it's not the worst thing in the world to buy the ability.

By the time you got slayer 93, you have what 3k points? I know I had like 3,2 and I only did smoking kills at slayer 82 or sth.

So, get the ability. I mean 2k points' money value is at 4-5 mil? (slayer dart) which is kinda 1 SOL, and I hardly think you can or want to block so many tasks that you use up all of your slayer points.

Purekilljoy.png