I bid you adieu

The Dark Lord

After reading that some other people decided to officially quit the Tavern, I have decided to go ahead and make a formal announcement about myself retiring from Falador Tavern.

Key reasons for this include:

-The removal of archimage_a as moderator

-University obligations

-Disinterest in the continuation of the Hegemony series (which was fun for a while, but now has worn itself out in my opinion)

-Interest in the game Haven and Hearth

-Drama between some of the users of this board (which gets really old after a while, guys)

Don't get me wrong. I've enjoyed the community and the time we've spent 'together' experimenting with interesting roleplay games, but it's really time for me to move on. With the failure of Operation [cabbage]storm, which was being planned between me, Doomsavenger/Wisp, and a few others of this board that shouldn't be mentioned, things just became boring drama-wise. Although we did have quite a bit fun trolling the /OT/ and Rune Tips logos on Drawball.

Concerning the power struggle on Haven and Hearth, I can say that we weren't meaning to be douchebags about giving only a few people access to the city gates. It was done largely for security reasons (as there really were Russians raiding in that area, so you were probably going to thank me later). Falador only failed because of the disunity that was already present within Falador Tavern.

It was great fun playing with you guys from the time we split off from Off-Topic and became our own board (which was fought against at the time). We had a few interesting characters join our group, and some people leave our group. We've all been through the drama that was the New World Order and the Eurasian league, Britannia's banishment from Earth, and the time when Britannia betrayed everyone and joined the Terran Federation. Hegemony 1.0 was a very fun game indeed.

Anyway, I would like to wish you all luck with your lives. Don't be afraid of what others think about you. I've noticed that some people were really self-conscious, and this led to a lot of flame wars. You aren't going to get through real life that way. Don't act like a bunch of children just because one person doesn't like your favourite TV show. Just move on.

I guess this is goodbye. You can still catch me posting on Off-Topic from time to time, or you can PM me your MSN/Skype details.

Regards,

Serephurus / Andvari / "That Conniving Bastard"

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

It was fun while it lasted, eh Andvari? Aw well, if you feel like coming back to the tavern for a round on the house, feel free.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Well then I'm sorry to see you go. As a member of the tavern (currently slightly less prone to flame wars than certain others) I wish you good luck in all your other prospects. So in short bon chance et au revoir monsieur!

LNYvk.png

To say a real goodbye to you

Sere - You were pretty epic guy, crafty as hell, or so it appeared. A teensy bit racist, and very fond of mature humor, such as politics. But hell, it was funny as hell and it'll be sad to see you go. Come back now and again :).

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

To say a real goodbye to you

Sere - You were pretty epic guy, crafty as hell, or so it appeared. A teensy bit racist, and very fond of mature humor, such as politics. But hell, it was funny as hell and it'll be sad to see you go. Come back now and again :).

Haha. Indeed I was.

I'll be missing a lot of my fellow old[bleep]s. :(

EDIT: Sorry.

Edited by Andvari
Please don't evade the censor.

SWAG

God damnit!

So many people are leaving. :(

Well, I never really got to know you Sere, but I'll miss you just the same.

I can't help but wonder what Operation: [cabbage]storm was though.

Also, maybe we should exchange emails, or if you're too paranoid create new emails and share those. I don't mean just Sere, I mean all the Tavernians. We can't let ourselves be separated so permanently, so easily.

My email is [email protected].

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Don't give up so easily. This talk of doom is a self-fufilling prophecy. If it is fun, then people will come. No big deal about it.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I can't help but wonder what Operation: [cabbage]storm was though.

It was going to be done in response to the perceived mistreatment that archimage endured from the admins when he was mod. It would have involved massive, massive spamming/trolling, etc. -- something that would have disrupted the usual flow of posting and led to the admins either being too busy to do anything or being forced to ban everyone involved (which was quite a lot of people). It was later refined to just be a massive exodus from tip.it where we made our own separate site. Archimage was never directly involved, though. In fact, he forbade us from doing it even though he knew we were going to anyway.

The leader of the operation was Nunya.

EDIT: It never had an official name, but it was discussed a lot on different sites.

EDIT #2: It wasn't just in response to archimage's mistreatment. There were others that were fed up with how things were ran on other parts of the forum.

My email is [email protected].

Added

SWAG

The hell is Nunya? Sorry if it someone really obvious.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

The hell is Nunya? Sorry if it someone really obvious.

Nunya isn't the name of anyone on these forums. It's just a name that denotes anonymity. You know, as in "nunya business", etc.

SWAG

Since we are all bidding farewell to Sere, I will admit that I was the "Russian" on H&H. A few others might have joined in as well.

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

Since we are all bidding farewell to Sere, I will admit that I was the "Russian" on H&H. A few others might have joined in as well.

Yes, he was the one that KO'd Archi and tried to kill Retech and Wisp.

SWAG

Yes, he was the one that KO'd Archi and tried to kill Retech and Wisp.

If I wanted to kill them both, I would have on the spot. It was more fun scaring them for a few days.

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

Yeah, I'm gonna need a list of emails of people who have left, as well as any other taverners. Specifically you and Archi.

I'll probably never get around to adding them, because I only log onto MSN once in a blue moon, but It's good to have the possibility there.

So yeah, given that the apocalypse seems nigh, I could use a way of keeping in contact. What do you say?

EDIT: Nex just suggested that anyway. Guess this is redundant.

Still, good to have a list.

2Xeo5.png

IT WAS YOU! GARRRRRRRR.

I spent all that time moving. :P

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

[email protected]. Thats me email, But i don't have MSN.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

IT WAS YOU! GARRRRRRRR.

I spent all that time moving. :P

Bwahahaha, it was hilarious though. I started laughing when you guys translated the first runestone on party chat.

TUBULAR BELLS!

[email protected]

DO NOT SEND EMAILS, ADD DIRECTLY TO MSN.

Don't be surprised if I don't reply, my inbox is a wasteland. Though if it pops up while I'm on I might.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Wait, what was the first russian runestone saying?.. And paul is a rusky himself?

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]