Tip.It Times - 26th September 2010

Racheya

KO weapons can't be good for training? In any case, your thought that crossbows were best is as wrong. It's also ridiculous that you go after just one of the two methods. I could argue that onyx/dragon bolts are ridiculously expensive, but you are not likely to use them. Hand cannon is about as expensive as diamond/rune bolts with chaotic crossbow, but have better DPS.

Dragon scimitar has NEVER been the best strength training weapon. Dharok says hi.

Opinion? which weapon is best for something isn't about opinion. If you think this is about opinions then you are as wrong as anyone. Weapons can be tested against one another, thus you can scientifically prove which of those is best, opinion or no opinion. You clearly aren't smart enough to go test out these range weapons, so using a good and proven range DPS calculator should be easy enough for you.

Ok, you win.

Opinion? which weapon is best for something isn't about opinion.

Ugh, yea it is.

For some, red chins are the best ranged XP, for those that arent ridiculously rich, rune cbow is the best ranged XP.

Its opinion.

Every damn thread. When does it ever end? You don't have to be rich to chin.

Basically what you're saying is that it's subjective. That's fine. Do things your way. Don't claim that Rune Crossbow is better training than Red Chins just because you haven't got the money to buy the damn chins.

Chinning isn't always more efficient than rune cbow+broad bolts. Efficiency has alot to do with current stats and current moneymaking methods and so on.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Wingless,

First off, I have to admit that there are several errors in your article regarding the history of weaponry.

Your statement 'Dragon and Runite weaponry have been around for a very long time, pretty much from the start of the game' is far from true.

While looking at the history of Jagex updates regarding weaponry, it had taken quite some time for both rune and dragon armor to be released. While initially, the first weapon update (That I personally can remember) was the introduction of black weaponry. From black armor, it was not long until rune armor was released. It was not a small jump to the release of stat requirements for the use of armor and weapons, after all we don't want level 3 players walking around with full rune/dragon. I first bought a rune 2hander when they were initially released (player made only) and cost upwards of 750k!!

Prior to the release of dragon armor came the release of Members only worlds, and hence several new weapons were released (though still within the old forms of mith, black, and addy).

It was then that dragon was released, and with it a multitude of other update up until now.

I hope that this clears up some of the 'historical' matters.

Regards,

Original

The writing style is lumping it together, to those who didnt play back then this might be confusing (especially knowin that back then some things we call fundamental now didnt exist yet such as exp used to be gained differerntly and there were skills deleted or heavily modified from what they originally were). The way it was written it was for your rs2 player who started with rune/dragon weapons then saw all the new stuff.

And it is accurate to say that for most of runescapes life rune and dragon weapons have existed in it, maybe not the first months, maybe not in the first year but I think they came early enough for that statment to be accurate

Exactly this. I have lumped together history before the release of Rune and Dragon weaponry to make it slightly shorter in terms on how far back this article goes.

Also, that's a shame Hemen. Chaotic's are great, from first-hand experience anyway. But where did you get the calculation for 13 days straight? It took me a few days (about 6-8 per day) from 76 to 85 (cause I previously bought Arcane Stream and a Tome of Frost).

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

It's an opinion if you talk about something that can't be tested, but if i say that hand cannon has greater DPS than rune crossbow, it's a fact, as it can easily be tested and proved. I agree that this gets harder to do when you consider obscure methods(like cannoning or chinning) but for 1 on 1 comparison, this is fairly easy to do.

Yea i actually wasent aware of handcannons DPS, having not tried it.

I always envisioned it as some darkbowesque incredibly slow unreliable cannon.

But nonetheless, alot of it is opinion, because of cost barriers and the like. One weapon which may be better for one person is not nessesarily better for the other.

I for one wouldn't be able to chin because of limited funds, and limited prayer. Chin's are technically the BEST XP, but they aren't the best weapon. (for me)

O.O