Your View on the American Revolution?

Maze

Furthermore the quartering of British troops and the gubernatorial offices overturning local judicial decisions is, in my views, unacceptable on any level.

Furthermore the quartering of British troops and the gubernatorial offices overturning local judicial decisions

and the gubernatorial offices overturning local judicial decisions

gubernatorial offices

gubernatorial

2z81b2f.jpg

I'm going to milk Goon's teats

[hide=excessively long troll]

Furthermore the quartering of British troops and the gubernatorial offices overturning local judicial decisions is, in my views, unacceptable on any level.

Furthermore the quartering of British troops and the gubernatorial offices overturning local judicial decisions

and the gubernatorial offices overturning local judicial decisions

gubernatorial offices

gubernatorial

2z81b2f.jpg

[/hide]

Yes, believe it or not its actually a word

Gubenatorial/gubernatorial (depending upon dialect) (adj): Of or relating to a governor Merriam Webster

Perhaps you could try looking things up before your quick judgement and ignorance get the better of you.

"In order to lead, you must learn how to carry your followers upon your shoulders"

"A man is not only defined by his abilities, but also by those of the men with which he surrounds himself"

"The meek fight for skill and fame, the strong fight for power with the skill and fame they already have"

"There is no good without sacrifice and no sacrifice without mercy"

without the taxing, the American revolution would not have occurred

basically the seven years war cost alot of money to Britain and they needed to raise taxes

so they taxed America externally (on goods being shipped to america) which America didnt mind about to much

the stamp act was an internal tax which brought up the idea of no representation in parliament

since America was being taxed on things it had no say in, they mainly wanted some spot on the house of commons and this would have ended

parliament didnt listen really, and just put on different taxes like the tea act, and the corrosive acts

America gave up hope on parliament and plead with king George about what was going on, since most ppl still believed in the king

Thomas pain wrote common sense which stated "everyone is equal, why should birth give someone so much power over another person"

this was the real tipping point for most ppl, the denouncing of the king and lead to the deceleration of Independence

there are some other factors such as the idea of 'imperial crisis' and alot of propaganda (Boston massacre was Americas fault) and alot of patriots terrorized people to go with the boycotts, but the major factors are outlined above

seven years war > need money > taxes > America wanted representation in parliament > denounced parliament > plead with king > denounced king

i have test on this tomorrow...

edit: as for the war, the main reason America was that Britain couldn't do alot of damage to the people to lower moral because they relied on America to feed themselves because supplies took weeks to get to America from Britain, and the longer the war lasted, the more people saw Britain as the villain attacking their neighbors and became patriots, so really all America did was play the waiting game, it was a Britain couldn't win

i could ramble on about alot of other little stuff like how the american revolution wasn't really a big revolution and how the french revolution was a much larger revolution then the American revolution, but i also got a physic test tomorrow so i'll end it here

legends2.jpg

Seeing as most of the more vocal members of TIF are British I think you can surmise what kind of feedback you'll receive for this.

As a British person, let me say:

??

In school I learned nothing at all about the American revolution. If you are implying that in the UK we spend a lot of time wishing that we still owned America, then you're mistaken :) It just isn't a big part of the 2500 years of British history we learned about. Obviously it's important to America, and it's right that you should learn about it in depth, but it is not true that British people discuss it in class and come to a pro-colonial view (we don't discuss it at all). I would expect that British people know almost nothing about it.

For it is the greyness of dusk that reigns.

The time when the living and the dead exist as one.

[hide=conversation]

Seeing as most of the more vocal members of TIF are British I think you can surmise what kind of feedback you'll receive for this.

As a British person, let me say:

??

In school I learned nothing at all about the American revolution. If you are implying that in the UK we spend a lot of time wishing that we still owned America, then you're mistaken :) It just isn't a big part of the 2500 years of British history we learned about. Obviously it's important to America, and it's right that you should learn about it in depth, but it is not true that British people discuss it in class and come to a pro-colonial view (we don't discuss it at all). I would expect that British people know almost nothing about it.

[/hide]

Vocal British people who use the internet are (generally) very strongly in opposition of the American revolution (generally speaking) and often (generally) cause long debates about it (sometimes), which has happened numerous times that I remember on this forum.

*disclaimer: I am not implying all British TIFers do this.

These are my views exactly. I don't mean to offend but that is the general trait, seeing as you don't share them: dusqi you have earned my respect

"In order to lead, you must learn how to carry your followers upon your shoulders"

"A man is not only defined by his abilities, but also by those of the men with which he surrounds himself"

"The meek fight for skill and fame, the strong fight for power with the skill and fame they already have"

"There is no good without sacrifice and no sacrifice without mercy"