Couple of q's about 2.5 bridding

SirHartlar

http://forum.tip.it/topic/262381-25-bridding-85-kills-an-hour-with-cannon/

^^Been looking over this guide and decided it's time I went back to DKs as I haven't been in a while. Firstly, can you now get into the lair without needing someone for doors? I remember seeing a picture where the knock down pads can be walked around but I wasn't sure if that was a bug or anything. Secondly, how hard is it to find an empty world? Thirdly, does using a cannon make it significantly harder to juggle kills and should I start without using one to get used to it?

I don't think it's possible to enter the lair alone, but it's fairly easy to find a dp on burstinglobs chat. Empty worlds aren't generally a problem as you won't be needing max spawn servers, and the ones you need(600-1600) are generally empty. Cannoning definitely makes it alot harder thus i have not seen anyone consistently do it- you could propably practice duo cannon tribrid at first and move on to solo tribrid from there. From personal experience, having only tried solo tribrid with cannon, you will have 2 DK's on you for alot of the time and sometimes even 3, so it is quite easy to die- a divine really hels out in those situations, or you'd just have to get very high range def gear. Without cannon, defense generally isn't an issue and it's much easier to juggle kills.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

You do still need a partner for the door, but you no longer require a rune throwing axe because the map have been glitched since the Z-Buffering update.

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

Cannon will actually lower damage taken. You will be tanking supreme anyway and cannon makes it die faster. I've been messing with a new method where you don't lure rex, it gives faster kills but is also way more dangerous and you defiinately need a timer. Getting someone to crash will take 2 hops at the most, or 4 to 5 hops for an empty world.

I wouldn't advise cannon at first, personally I don't even like using it since its too much of a PITA.

Basically, the idea is to have high range (350+) defense, high pray (20+) and all 3 combat styles. Find a world, kill supreme if prime gets on your, or just run past with range pray if prime doesn't, and lure rex. After rex is dead, melee supreme. Depending on how fast you kill sup, and the world population, you should be able to get between 1-5 shots in against prime. You'll learn timing. Switch to mage right before rex will spawn, run to the lure spot. Mage and lure. Repeat. Without cannon, off task, I got 140 kills in 5.5 overloads. Normally, I get around 65-75 kills/hr, depending on if I just mage for a while when working on something else IRL. DFS or Obby shields are best, besides divines/ely, due to the range defense. Don't use BSS, its range defense is too low. (52 compared to 67 of obby and 72 of DFS) Bandos is pretty much needed to be good, due to the range defense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EKl5bTFxNc&feature=player_embedded#!

Friends vid

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]