[GUIDE]THE BARROWS HANDBOOK

Melter

it does hit through prayer, why else would it be the only barrows set that gives a prayer bonus?

not only that but i hit a 25 on someone when they had prayer on and i do it constantly, i dont know bout u, but i cant hit a 50 on someone..

btw i think prayer reduces it 2/3 instead of 1/2 on people because when i pk on f2p i can hit a 14 against prayer but i can only hit a 21 with out it

Ah, yes. The Verac bug. No one seems to want to report it. lol. Or they planned it this way.

The real Verac will never hit through your prayer.

A player wearing Verac can hit through another players prayer.

Doesn't make sense, but thats how it is.

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silly Leesters!

As much as i <3 your blogs and guides, the "real-Verac-not-hitting-through-prayer" situation doesn't seem like a bug at all.

The real Verac is just a monster like all the rest of them, so he never hits through player prayer. Players hit through protection prayers all the time anyway, so it's like wearing Verac's is just a bonus to that, even if it disregards the protection prayer entirely...

Great guide, btw, but the part about using Karil's to squelch someone's agility and make them less able to run away is dodgy. People with 0 agility can run for as long as people with 99, they just won't recharge it as fast once they stop running. And if you have 99 agility and you tried to run back to mage bank to escape a ranger, and you use up all your run energy half way back, you're probably screwed anyway...

constructive3tc.png

newscape300x50hu4.gif

Nice guide, but you Torag prices seem to be out a bit, Legs are from 900k to 1M and the helmet is more around 450k. Although strangly the full set still seems to go for about 3.3M

Legs seem to have the biggest price range, I payed 800k for my pair but I see others going for 850k-1M, never seen any pair going for 1.1M

blazesigbq9.jpg

AHRIM THE BLIGHTED: A good strategy here is to keep using full ahrims until the special takes effect, then switch to a staff that gives you infinite runes of whatever spell your using. (The ahrim special does not lower strength more than once at a time!)

This parts wrong, I like to fun duel in full ahrims, sometimes against hides I can get their str down to in the 10s (I splash and do more zeros on hide, effect still works if you hit zero). Its especially fun if you use the 3 soul spells first. :P

Ah, yes. The Verac bug. No one seems to want to report it. lol. Or they planned it this way.

What YOU are suggesting doesn't make any sense. No NPC has the ability to hit through a player's prayer. This must mean that the PVP protection prayers are counted as something different than the Player v Monster use of them. So, lets say the PVP protection prayer counts as "armor", which makes sense, since it doesn't cut the damage, or stop the damage, it just reduces the chances ecaxtly the way a ton of armor does.

However, when using against a monster, it will stop ALL of the damage. This must mean that it definitely doesn't count a PVM protection prayer as "armor", but something...different....hmmm

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

1. "OMG 30 with prayer on?! That means he hit a 60!!!"

WRONG: The protection prayers do NOT cut the damage dealt in half. These prayers just severely lower the chances of hitting. With full Torag and a Whip, I OFTEN times hit 28s in Castle Wars on people who are using protect from melee. Now, I know for a fact that there is no possible way to hit a 56 with an Abyssal Whip.

Also, with protect from magic on, I am still able to hit 20s fairly easily with Ice Blitz, while in full mage gear. If the damage was halfed, my max would become a 13.

Funny how i have seen about 6 people who believe the same as you but not one of them has ever posted a pic of it..

I have 28 chars and have played since early rsc so ive played all the way through rs2, built a 107 an 88 a 93 a 73 a 69 a 68 to name a few and i have NEVER EVER hit my max hit through prayer without veracs.

Protect prayers dont exactly half your damage it removes about a third.

It seems like theres is going to be a big debate over verac, please stop. Make another thread for it. Once i find out FOR SURE what it does/doesnt do, then ill edit the guide. Also updating the guide now. Thanks! :P

Huh? Nah, you WANT this kind of banter on the thread. Its helps verify the thread.

Here's my spin on Verac....

The set effect allows a player to hit max damage through prayer.

If this is by design, then Verac the monster should be able to do the same thing.

I don't think its by design. I believe that the ability to hit max hit thru players prayer is a bug.

But without some bug reports sent in, we'll never know. :P

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

why do you need to click accpet aid off? :?:

Unscrupulous players will try to teleother you repeatedly in an attempt to distract you enough to get killed.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

Leest, it's TOTALLY by design, already offered my opinion as to why and had it reiterated by myweponsg00d... but anyway, don't you think Jagex would've noticed that "bug" on their own by now? =P

What I'm more concerned about is the set effect. Doing KQ in second form, it really seems like I'm hitting through prayer all the time, not just occassionally. I hit a lot of 0's of course, but not as many as I would expect to if there were only a few random times I was able to get a hit in. Has Jagex ever specifically verified any of the set effects for us bored obsessed people?

constructive3tc.png

newscape300x50hu4.gif

Alright...as an experienced dueler, pray-er, and castle war-er, allow me to present the Myweponsgood myth-buster to misconceptions about prayer:

1. "OMG 30 with prayer on?! That means he hit a 60!!!"

WRONG: The protection prayers do NOT cut the damage dealt in half. These prayers just severely lower the chances of hitting. With full Torag and a Whip, I OFTEN times hit 28s in Castle Wars on people who are using protect from melee. Now, I know for a fact that there is no possible way to hit a 56 with an Abyssal Whip.

Also, with protect from magic on, I am still able to hit 20s fairly easily with Ice Blitz, while in full mage gear. If the damage was halfed, my max would become a 13.

2. "OMG Verac doesn't hit through prayer, NOOB!"

WRONG: Verac set hits through the protection from Melee prayer (and also through armor, of course). ANYONE who duels (on a regular basis) with Verac set will KNOW that this one is wrong. In every duel with someone that has a Verac set, they will try to get prayer on. This is because the melee protection prayer does not have any effect on the hit chance of Verac.

Also, anyone who spends a fair ammount of time at the fight pits will know that protect from melee does nothing against Verac. For anyone who doubts this, I will gladly duel you a couple of times untill you are convinced that Verac hits through prayer.

Thus concludes another episode of Myth-Busters: The Myweponsgood Edition. By the way, I have used ALL of the Barrows sets in a PVP scenario, and your strategies are...well...fairly accurate I guess. Karil crossbow is much better than a crystal bow in my opinion though...

That dueling and castle wars. I, for myself, have never hit over 10 with a scimmi on someone else in the wild who was protecting, while my max is 15. Nor have i hit more than 11 with fire blast, when they are protecting.

I think that there is a major difference between these 2 (wildy and mini games/dueling), but dont ask me the specific details.

Yes...I have to admit, I have never really even tried to PK, so I would not know how it works in the wild. Allthough, I swear I've been hit at least a 28 from an ice barrage while I protected. However, I cannot verify the use of protection prayers in the wild.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON