IRC dungeoneering.

Earth

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is rather Random, but could anyone tell me how to edit the threads settings? Like the name and things.. I cannot figure it out.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Look down towards the bottom of the editing thing and you'll find "edit in full editor"

Ross, are we starting from scratch? (this answer is hopefully a yes)

[Falador tavern]

Seems fair. It wouldn't work in space since /me has a defined use, but it should be fine in here. If you are talking to an NPC, use /me "[speech here]"

Secret actions can be done in a PM to me,

Correction, you and Theos use /me to speak, I for one use it for actions, like it is intended for. (note the *).

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

How does going into full editor give me the options to modify the thread?

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Well the use of /me in space is a waste of time.

How can talking in /comms even need to be differentiated from other things.

This is where experience would help you. Unfortunately you have none, so are unable to make an educated statement of fact and are, instead, reduced to making a fool out of yourself in front of your peers, all of which know why it is neccessary.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Well the use of /me in space is a waste of time.

How can talking in /comms even need to be differentiated from other things.

This is where experience would help you. Unfortunately you have none, so are unable to make an educated statement of fact and are, instead, reduced to making a fool out of yourself in front of your peers, all of which know why it is neccessary.

Passive Agressivly insulting me.

Experience isn't needed, do you think somebody needs to have experience to know that something is wrong.

Please don't reply, I don't care whether you think I am right or wrong. There is no point getting sucked into an argument with you because it'll generally just devolve/stay:

L: Your wrong.

C: I'm Right actually.

L: Your wrong and your an idiot.

C: I'm right and your an idiot.

L: Your still wrong.

C: I was always right.

[Falador tavern]

Thread is up.

Also, Iconic, you aren't really one to talk about passive agressiveness.

I'm never passive agressive, I'm agressive but never passive agressive.

[Falador tavern]

Mather, saying /me isn't very useful when quite a lot of the posts are not action posts...Hence why we recast it as for comms. Since there were a number of mistakes made involving people accidently saying stuff around the comms, for example 'Do you think we should attack them?'.

Now, obviously people could go 'AI, put the comms on hold' or 'AI, restore comms'...But if two people are typing you get the situation:

Alien Ship: Hello

Jeremiah: Hi

Jen: (Ross can I speak to you a sec)

Jeremiah, AI, disable comms

AI: Done

Jeremiah: What is it Jen?

Jen: I recognise them as the people who attacked me

Jeremiah: Ah, ok, AI Restore Comms:

Jen: On Isha, I think we should attack them

AI: Alien Ship has closed Comms and powered weapons.

Jeremiah: Damn.

Also, since the moderator on Space is fully capable of reading, remembering and relaying information at good speed, /me on actions doesn't particularly help.

The only time that it may help is with Faust joking doing stuff with SUE...But since that is usually fronted with AI, Upload SUE to... Its not an action anyway...thus making brackets better and easier.

Fortunately there are some people who have done this before, and thus don't have to rely on instictively knowing when something is wrong....A system that is fairly flawed, since it also generated the belief that the Sun orbited the Earth and that the Earth was flat...and is the route of racism, sexism and homoeroticaphobism.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.