Fallen Rising

Nexaduro

Crafting a World  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What sort of combat would you like to see?

• Swords to go SWOOSH!
    • Magic to go FWOOSH!
    • Acrobatics, a ninja is you!
    • Guns, guns, and MORE GUNS!
    • Midair combat, no more helpless cliff plunges!
    • Vehicles? RAMMING SPEED!
  2. 2. How would you like magic to work?

• As planned. Unavailable at the beginning, class-based, powerful but with consequences.
    • Modified. Available at the beginning, less detrimental, more flexible.
    • Dungeoneering. Anyone can use any magic they want, with few restrictions or consequences.

Shifters. Sliders. Breakers. Binders.

Angels. Shades. Flutters. Fades.

Rimes. Raisers. Chimes. Blazers.

Gods. Grims. Nods. Rims.

These are the curses, these are the crimes,

These are the our verses, these are our rhymes,

To keep them at bay, to lie them to rest,

As Marrestra commands, and may we be blessed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

---The echoes of Bard's singing fades, giving way to his quiet laughter. Lena had once asked him what he found so funny about the rhyme, one that doomed their kind and sowed the seeds of hatred in even the youngest children of Lestrai. She hadn't really wanted an answer, simply an excuse to point out his flaws after a failed mission. He had explained, as one would to a particularly slow child, the irony of them calling the Fallen gods while at the same time saying that the god-given mission of Lestrians was to exterminate them. She had broken his lute.

---Bard had been quite distressed at that; his music and, by extension, his instruments, were his life. And when a Fallen talented in Breaking takes out their anger on something as flimsy as string and hollowed wood, there's no hope for repair. Not that he couldn't get a new lute, he played far worse than he sang anyways. No, Bard simply considered such an act an afront to musicians as a whole, such is the nature of a Chime.

(Prologue, to be finished later. No need to post yet, still working out how I intend to run this.)

Magic in the world of Lestrai is separated into 24 distinct types, each power held by one of the Fallen. The Fallen are an unexplained phenomenon, and their power is considered unholy, an attempt to copy the powers of the Lestrian God Marrestra. Prior to the unification of Lestrai some few hundred years ago, powerful Fallen were indeed worshipped as gods in many areas. Fallen are all identifiable by marks on their body, varying between individual and Fallen type but always distinct.

Shifters can move objects in the environment to their will, with it being more difficult to move objects against their nature. For example, it would be easier to divert the flow of a stream than to stop it completely.

Sliders can move their mass along a path using momentum. A thrown punch can turn into a full body dive, with their body moving as a liquid of sorts between positions. The person will inevitably have to return to their own shape, but the major difficulty with Sliding is controlling the flight path.

Breakers can, essentially, destroy any inanimate object they touch. The power is dangerous in that it is sometimes difficult to direct, and it also cannot normally affect living things. Depending on the energy expended, objects can be damaged in different degrees.

Binders have the ability to attach objects to one another without assistance. These bonds last as long as they are maintained by the Binder, and the strength of the bond is determined by the energy expended. Essentially magical duct tape.

Angels can generate and control light, to degrees varying on their skill. They can create illumination, change the colours of an object, prevent light from entering an area, and powerful Angels can focus light to the point of being able to use it as a weapon.

Shades can produce illusions of any sort. They can confer invisibility on a person or object, or simulate instances which aren't actually happening. This can sometimes backfire, as the Shade might be the only one to see his illusions or he might produce inaccurate images.

Flutters and Fades I'm not sure about yet.

Rimes control cold, and are able to radiate temperatures below freezing as well as creating pockets of cold at a distance. They are also almost completely immune to the effects of temperature, but there are plenty of instances where a Rime tried to handle too much too soon with catastrophic results.

Raisers are necromancers, capable of controlling dead organic matter. Complete human bodies are easiest, though individual body parts are capable of being controlled and some Raisers specialize in plants. Control is difficult, however, requiring heavy concentration and careful commands.

Chimes affect sound, capable of dulling, enhancing, or changing any noise. The better a Chime's hearing and perception of sounds, the stronger and higher quality their sonic manipulation. Chimes are extremely valuable for thieves, as they are able to dull noise in a field to muffle footsteps, produce distractions, and even stun or deafen guards.

Blazers are the opposites of Rimes, they control heat. They too are immune to the affects of temperature, but a much greater potential danger to themselves. Blazers are better in combat, capable of incinerating or melting anything that gets in their way.

Gods, Grims, Nods, and Rims are all Fallen of legendary power, each capable of influencing a different aspect of reality.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name: Earth

Class: Undertermined, because i have no idea what each of them do.

Weapon: A bookscythe, (Randomly made it up) It can be morphed from a small one handed scythe to a book of your choice, as long as you have read the book or have used the scythe variation at least once or more times.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Could you explain more about the magic, what we start with, etc?

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Okay, edited in my description of the Fallen on the first post. Also, I'll be updating the poll in a sec.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Class: Raiser

Weapon: A bookscythe, (Randomly made it up) It can be morphed from a small one handed scythe to a book of your choice, as long as you have read the book or have used the scythe variation at least once or more times.

Weeee for changes!

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Earth, please, a bookscythe? That's a stupid idea even by Dungeoneering standards.

Please stop posting if you don't have a reasonable contribution, I'm trying to keep the thread tidy until the game starts.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Ugh, dude, it worked fine for last time. Do you want me to change the weapon then?

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Please. And mind what I said about magic (as currently planned) not being available at the beginning.

Actually, did I forget to discuss that in the first post? Crap, lemme go fix that. Sorry for the confusion.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Alright, soo...

Class?: Raiser

Weapon: A scythe.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

#-o

Magic. Not. Available. What don't you understand about that?

Anyways, the game isn't fully planned yet, please participate in the current poll. If there are enough votes in favour of such, maybe you can start as a Raiser. But that would kind of mess up how I want to run the game.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Doesn't say that. AND the poll is bugged.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

How so?

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I answer all questions, and yet it says i haven't

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

I answer all questions, and yet it says i haven't

Ich habe es auch gemacht.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

I don't take german.. Translation please?

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

I did that also.

I changed the poll questions. You can do that, you know. Maybe delete your vote and vote again?

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Happened again.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

I DUN MADE IT WORK NAOW.

Jeez, so much for lack of clutter. :D

RIP Dawngate ;-;

So.... BAh, i'm bored. I can't think up a response that would contribute, just thought i'd make it so you wouldn't have to double post.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

The Asgard sound fun to fight, you barely have to hit them, they have oversized heads and almost no strenght but they could be some mean [cabbage] to come up against when armed and armoured. And since they have a backup record of every mind and clones ready to have the minds installed then if one dies it would ruin a quest.

It'd be fun with goa'ulds (as uncomon and not rulers, but annoying in the way that they could take over any npc humanoid) and iratus bugs (huge combination of leech and tick, attaches to host's neck and is able to kill it if wanted it wishes).

Though I guess it's too much to hope for.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

All right, this is quite obviously going to be another Dungeoneering. <_<

Well, should I keep the central storyline (will take a little while) or scrap it and make up a bare-bones path to follow (quicker)?

RIP Dawngate ;-;