Fallen Rising

Nexaduro

Crafting a World  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What sort of combat would you like to see?

• Swords to go SWOOSH!
    • Magic to go FWOOSH!
    • Acrobatics, a ninja is you!
    • Guns, guns, and MORE GUNS!
    • Midair combat, no more helpless cliff plunges!
    • Vehicles? RAMMING SPEED!
  2. 2. How would you like magic to work?

• As planned. Unavailable at the beginning, class-based, powerful but with consequences.
    • Modified. Available at the beginning, less detrimental, more flexible.
    • Dungeoneering. Anyone can use any magic they want, with few restrictions or consequences.

Well another option would be to include magic and technology (have you ever read the dresden files) ,but make them incompatible towards each-other in that magic makes tech. made after around 50 years before the games start malfunction so badly that it simply does not work. But hey dungeoneering is fine too (just kind of played out).

LNYvk.png

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking along similar lines, hence the vehicles. Mostly plans were for ridiculously over-complicated medieval slasher tanks, and perhaps a society of demi-magical artisans allied with Lestrai.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Hmmm, I agree with Grim, dungeoneering is a somewhat overused format presently...

Nex, perhaps we could change the concept slightly, so it is Dungeoneering, but we control a squad of people rather than just one person.

It could be somewhat taxing on you....Assuming 9 players it would be 36 people to control...But if those 4 people had to stay together...or you could put up to 3 of those people in stasis if you wanted to, so you could explore a dark hole with one person and if they died, you could try three more times before being dead and starting again...Or you could return to an ALTAR OF FOREVER and get back your dead person.

It would make the gameplay different, but similar at the same time...No complicated new rules to learn, but four times the varriation of before.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

I was already planning on having companion characters, like Bard and Lena, who you could fight with or possibly as.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Well another option is to do something along the lines of a modern times mid level fantasy (both high and low so to speak [it oscillates between them]) under the premise that ALL mythology is real (well the creatures and to a lesser extent the powers) and that Yaweh holds no more power than say odin or horus (as well as throwing in a whole slough of different mythological creatures in). The motives of each creature would change very little from their stated ones in fairy tales (the creatures being relatively static as opposed to humans). This is also allowing the use of fire arms and all other modern weaponry (though certain creatures may be partially immune them or just very resistant to trauma in general) as well as many many systems for magic.

Tl;dr: All mythology is real and no pantheon is stronger than any other. Modern tech is an option that can be just as effective as magic (and doesn't send up a signal flare for the nasties).

LNYvk.png

Hehe, if all mythology is correct then:

Jesus is God, as part of the Trinty.

Jesus is inside me.

I have control over my body.

I have control over Jesus.

I have control over God.

I give myself God Powers.

I spend a week creating a new world and move there.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Yeah, seen that way then the two and a half mid-midwestern pantheons and Buddhism are the onlly religions to make sense. Two and a half because of the Egyptian pantheon and the Greek/Roman pantheon, whereas the Egyptian is its own, but the Greek and Roman only have different names hence I call them one and a half religion.

Oops, forgot Norse mythology, but then again it specifically states that the world is flat so not really making sense.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Hehe, if all mythology is correct then:

Jesus is God, as part of the Trinty.

Jesus is inside me.

I have control over my body.

I have control over Jesus.

I have control over God.

I give myself God Powers.

I spend a week creating a new world and move there.

Correct to an extent. The Christian pantheon would be no more powerful than the old norse who would be no more powerful than the babylonian pantheon who would be no more powerful than whatever the [bleep] the celtics had.

Also what I meant by the magic bit is that while it might be more flexible it is quite a bit more likely to cause the really powerful beasts in the area (ex powerful fey/ dragons/ whatever) to go OH SHI- A GO DAMN WIZARD. I HAD BETTER NIP THIS AT THE BUD. Than if you for instance solved all of your supernatural problems with judicious shanking and or applied fire power.

Also@ Mather the mythology is correct to an extent (the earth is round, space is around the earth etc.) but so are physics. Again Mid level fantasy where things may not quite make sense.

LNYvk.png

This is not Percy Jackson and the Olympians. I do like the mythologies idea though, I was thinking along the lines of the Abhorsen Free Magic Gods. Also, there will be Clanker technologies like steam powered aircraft.

So, who wants to play this, and how soon? I'm starting to lean away from the prologue right now if you don't mind.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

This is not Percy Jackson and the Olympians. I do like the mythologies idea though, I was thinking along the lines of the Abhorsen Free Magic Gods. Also, there will be Clanker technologies like steam powered aircraft.

So, who wants to play this, and how soon? I'm starting to lean away from the prologue right now if you don't mind.

Read the Dresden files (that is where I got the idea from).

I will play this whatever you do (unless it gets REALLY bad [and then I will probably still play])

EDIT: A link towards what I was talking about (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Dresden_Files_Organizations)

LNYvk.png

Well, three's a crowd. Backgrounds please (you can give me a general idea and I'll make it work), no magic quite yet, and please tell me what sort of weapon you want. If you want, you can take a mundane specialization as part of your background. Please indicate what other players you want to start with, if any.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

What's the backstory? Hardly can make a background without knowing what world we're in. :P

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Um...

Yah, I guess you're right.

Lestrai is the name of both the nation and the world, thanks to centuries of domination. It is a heavily forested world, with most resources being provided by the Great Artisans, magical crafters capable of creating and enhancing various materials. The temperature is fairly uniform, being generally warm and humid. Different areas of Lestrai, especially the factions of Great Artisans, rarely work together. The exception to this, and the reason Lestrai is so powerful and globe-spanning, is the strong religious following of the god Marrestra and mutual hatred and fear of the Fallen. Lestrian technology varies greatly, with some areas (generally with high numbers of Artisans) possessing technology allowing flight and others lacking functioning sewage systems. Lestrai spans a continent, with little sea travel due to frequent storms, dangerous tides, and the belief (which no-one has ever proven) that nothing exists beyond it.

Is that enough?

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Backround: Earth grew up near a lot of herbal plants, and was put to the tasks of cutting down the tall herb grasses, and crops for the people. He left home to search for a better time of life, and to kill things, which seemed to be becoming a problem.

Name: Earth

Weapon: Scythe,

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

So, Earth the wanderer? Where do you expect to start, a village? The open road? A random cave?

Spork, you might regret that. I've got something even better than crustaceans this time... :twisted:

RIP Dawngate ;-;

That should be more than enough (homebrewed world and varrying time period).

Okay then character time

Name: Germanicus Pontificus

Back story: Germanicus was born into a small village of Lestrai that had only acquired gunpowder a couple of centuries ago. His father was a carpenter and his mother took care of his assorted family. At the age of ten years old he began helping his father with building projects until at the age of 15 he joined the Ad Novan armed forces. In said armed forces he learned both the use of a knife and a gladius as well as the use of fire arms. After 10 years in the Ad Novan armed forces his parents died of old age and with nothing tying him down to his town he decided to travel and seek adventure wherever it may be.

Weapon: State issue steel Gladius, 6 shot .45 caliber revolver, 20 extra rounds.

Clothing: Standard issue Combat Clothes, Back pack.

LNYvk.png

YUUSSSHH! Random cave ftw!

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Name: Jen

Backstory: A hunter who used to hunt bears and large game animals with her exotic bow (Yumi). She eventually grew fond of the animals that she was killing and kills other hunters entering the forests. Meanwhile, she's been trying to harness the powers of nature to help defend the forests.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

So, Earth the wanderer? Where do you expect to start, a village? The open road? A random cave?

Spork, you might regret that. I've got something even better than crustaceans this time... :twisted:

Unless I end up herding giant fluffy sheepmoose, I think I can take whatever you throw at me.

If I do end up with sheepmoose, it'll be herd them around and pray they don't fall on me.

a70c7.png

Sheepmoose fall. Everyone dies.

Earth Wanderer:

Your life on the roads of Lestrai's wilderness, with nothing to call your own but the clothes on your back and your scythe, has hardened you. You have considerable endurance and a good knowledge of plants thanks to your foraging lifestyle. It has been ages since your scythe saw use in combat, and it is more of a walking stick than a weapon after so long. Bandits tend to be wary of ragged men wielding odd weapons. You have Lestrian propoganda to thank for that. Of course, you keep both the blade and your mind sharp, just in case.

As night begins to fall along with a few raindrops signalling the coming storm, you stray from the roads to find shelter. The tree canopy is thick just a little ways off the road, and the ground seems comfortable. You begin wandering around to find some improvised bedding, and see a cave between the trees a little ways away. You grip the [Caution: Jagex Rule Violation] in both hands, anxiety lending skill that memory struggles to provide.

Grim (Really? A Roman name? The Hell? And don't expect me to make your pistol what you want, a flintlock is advanced in modernized Lestrai.):

You pack your few belongings, mainly weaponry and a spare uniform from your military days, and sling your backpack over your shoulders. A few of the villagers nod as you pass, signalling the respect that your time as a guardsman earned you. You stop at the village gate, greeting the gatekeepers, Nock and Vin.

"So, really heading off after all?" Vin says, "Good luck. We'll miss you here. Hey, maybe I'll see you again someti-"

"Yeah," interrupts Nock. He seems distressed. "Not likely. Who would come back to this place? Anyone who gets the chance scoots on out."

Vin gives him a flat stare. "Don't be such a pessimist. Marrestra bless, Nock! It's not like he has any reason to stay."

Vin looks apologetically at you. "Sorry, you can go now." She wait a few seconds, then hits the distracted Nock over the head.

"Nock. Gate. Now."

"Oh... sorry... Um, Vin?" Vin looks annoyed. "What?"

Nock points towards the opposite side of the village.

"Is that... smoke?"

Jen:

You sit, high above the forest floor among the tree branches, twirling a budding twig back and forth between your fingers. This place, your forest, has always had an almost magical quality. Anything grew. Even that which should have died, separated from its parent plant, spread roots among the trees. Despite years living among the denizens of the forest, roaming the borders to defend it, you never had much of a chance to explore the deeper areas. The brush thickens considerably the farther you go, and the sun is blotted out by the sheer mass of elevated flora.

Your highly-sensitive ears twitch. Intruders, by the heavy footsteps. And... there! Whispered conversation. You string your Yumi, following the sounds. Eventually, you find your quarry; two men in ragged clothing. The one farthest away holds a walking stick, and seems old and frail. The other walks with a lean-built crossbow, bolt at the ready. The older man seems confident and unafraid, while the younger seems nervous; he jumps at every snap of a twig. You notice that the top of the older man's right ear is a dark, shining black.

James:

You stumble back, terrified, as a wall of wool and antler descends towards you. You thrash about, but seem immobile. Darkness hits...

... And you wake up. Your daughter is sitting next to your pallet, thwapping your head with a pillow.

"Dad! Wake up! WAKE. UP. NOW!" She punctuates her words with increasingly strong blows.

You mumble something about sheepmoose, weakly swat at the pillow, and sit up. You consider scolding Sandra for waking you up early again, but realize that she's stolen your pillow as well. Conceding defeat for the time being, you stand and stretch, examining your small room in one of the local inns. You recognize it as the permanent reservation you set up with the owner some few months ago, as a safe house of sorts. You look to the corner of the room, at the bag containing last night's pickings, and grin.

Sandra, who's whining you've been ignoring for the past few seconds, swings the pillow at your crotch. You double over, mostly from reflex rather than actual pain.

"Ow! Hey! What happened to honour among thieves?" You say.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Enter the cave.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

<_<

I go to all that work, and you make a three word response?

Tsk, tsk. :rolleyes:

You could at least say what you might hope to do in there.

RIP Dawngate ;-;