Mini-Map has Disappeared

vettro

That happened to me a few times before, back in march during the bonus XP weekend...I was training summoning. I think it might be because you java overloaded or something (don't know the term lol), since when it happened to me the runescape java crashed a little while afterwards...

[hide=A funny conversation]Me:Have u wondered how my brassard, which leaves my chest bare, give about the same def as ur pile of rocks?

Friend:Hahaha

Friend:Maybe you are just good at blocking with your shoulder?

Me:Ahahahahaha[/hide]Rare drops: 4 D legs, 1 D skirt

Barrows items: 2 Verac's helms, 1 Dhorak's Greataxe, 1 Dhorak's platelegs, 2 Karil's leathertops, 1 Karil's crossbow, 1 Guthan's chainskirt

Quest cape achieved 28 Dec, 2009, lost with Nomad's Requiem, re-obtained on 19 Mar 2010.

Fire cape achieved 1 Nov 2010.

There has been a problem on Mac OS for about a week which causes the mini-map not to work in anything other than Safe Mode or Software Mode. So if you're using a Mac their new graphics updates have probably broken something further. If not, the new graphics updates have probably broken something anyway :P

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

There has been a problem on Mac OS for about a week which causes the mini-map not to work in anything other than Safe Mode or Software Mode. So if you're using a Mac their new graphics updates have probably broken something further. If not, the new graphics updates have probably broken something anyway :P

You're probably right. I am on a mac..... :-/

vettro.png

Oh boy. Tried the graphics settings on min. Still not working....

:S, I can't be of much help at this point. Good luck though.

dcmsignature3.png

Member of: Collision

Leader of: The Moriquendi

Former Legionnaire of: Legends Never Die

Check out my Tip.It Profile and leave a comment!!

I believe it was a result of the latest version update to 10.6.5. There's a topic on the RSOF about it, QFC: 25,26,375,61908867

SLwQsg1.png

I believe it was a result of the latest version update to 10.6.5. There's a topic on the RSOF about it, QFC: 25,26,375,61908867

QFC was invalid?

vettro.png

Hold S on startup to activate safe mode, if that really is the problem this should fix it.

Gl getting your problem solved.

Proud Warlord of Dragonwood

If it's natural to kill, how come men have to go into training to learn how? ~ Joan Baez

Rest in Peace 3xtermination

Tipitsignature.gif

QFC was invalid?

Sorry I copied it from the URL, should have hyphens in 25-26-375-61908867

SLwQsg1.png

You can't post direct links to RSOF anymore on Tip.It because people were using it as a way to scam others so you can only provide QFCs now.

Ok. Cool. I just used the QFC.

So this problem has been going on for 10 days? I usually use a different computer when I play, I'm using my Dad's computer today. He has a mac and it's newer than the one I usually use. I guess I'll just go back to my other computer.

vettro.png

I was wondering the same thing, but never asked about it. I am playing on a MacBook at full settings and everything works smoothly except for the minimap. :mellow:

hopesolopatriot.jpg

I was wondering the same thing, but never asked about it. I am playing on a MacBook at full settings and everything works smoothly except for the minimap. :mellow:

It's not that big a deal but while dungeoneering I find it quite a setback.

vettro.png

I found this morning when I was going Dungeoneering that putting the display settings into "software mode" fixed the map for me. Other graphical glitches appear but they're nothing major, other than that the game worked fine for me.

SLwQsg1.png