Space Discussion

Iconic

It has hegenomy aspects in it. STOP. BEING. A. TROLL.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

It has countries from most of the modern-age Hegemonies + their personalities as they were played.

Player actions clearly affect each of the countries in a meaningful way.

Rivalries caused by country affiliation, which isn't prevalant in Dungeoneering games.

It might not be played like Hegemony, but it is certainly influenced by it.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

It has countries from most of the modern-age Hegemonies + their personalities as they were played.

This is irrelevant. It has nothing to do with gameplay it is part of the storyline.

Player actions clearly affect each of the countries in a meaningful way.

Yes but if a person became a prime minister in dungeoneering would the thread be renamed to Hegemony-Dungeoneering? No.

If you became an influential person that affected how kingdoms were goverened (for example you killed people in the night and the country imposed martial law) then would it be renamed a Hegemony-Dungeoneering.

Rivalries caused by country affiliation, which isn't prevalant in Dungeoneering games.

But thats not a gameplay issue.

It might not be played like Hegemony, but it is certainly influenced by it.

You are right, but Hegemony is a gameplay thing.

Hegemony is where you are the leader of a country and you control.

This is where your a person who walks around on a ship and sometimes countries step in.

I think a name change should be in order, Archi.

[Falador tavern]

Iconic, it does have relevance when you are attacked by russian motherships. And you CAN be an influential person in the countries areas, influencing actions taken by them. and HEll yes rivalries are a gameplay issue. Also, you step in on the countries more than vice versa, Iconic. you played a session for 5 seconds and you're acting like an expert.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Nah, its blatently a hegemony thread Earthsage. In a hegemony thread you are a leader of something, if you were the admiral of the fleet then this could probably be named a hegemony thread but its not so the name needs to be changed.

[Falador tavern]

You jsut changed your argument. What the hell.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Wheee! thanks for the new thread!

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

No I just said that this game is played by a singular person who controls a singular ship, therefore it is a dungeoneering. It is completely misleading to say that it is a hegemony.

If you were admiral of the fleet and controlled an army of ships (directly) then it could possibly be named a hegemony.

At the moment this thread has a misleading title and this shouldn't be allowed.

[Falador tavern]

Space should be discussed in the space thread IMO.

This isn't a discussion, the thread is misleading and should be changed. I don't think Admins understand the terms enough to understand that Archi is being misleading.

[Falador tavern]

Anyways icnonic, we do ahve a fleet of ships, which can be controlled directly, AND the name of the game isn't msileading.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

It is important to resolve problems people have with the game in an environment which will not impact the enjoyment of those who do not wish to take place in the discussion of the problems with the game.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

'Hegemony-Dungeoneering Hybrid'

And Earth, not really. Reading through the logs, its a dungeoneering. Definately a dungeoneering.

Archimage, the game is played in IRC. The thread is mainly discussion thread.

[Falador tavern]

It's not a dungeoneering when you eventually cause the entire country of Swizterland to fly into space. By influeincing it's makers from a pwerfull position. Also, it's not Definately a dungeoneering. you jsut want to cause trouble. I suggest we ignore this from now on.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Edel.

NOBODY CARES except you, and you're not playing the game anyways.

It's like vegetarians complaining about the whether or not they call it ham or bacon, and the meat-eaters not caring if it's either.

Now please stop the hatefest against Archi; he's the best (and most enduring) mod we have and losing him would suck royally.

a70c7.png

I beg to differ. It is not entirely hegemony, but a mix of the two. Sure, it may be more dungeoneering (I'd say it's a 75-25 mix), but that 25% hegemony really makes a difference. Decisions you make and actions you take clearly affect the nations you back and your future prospects. You get a real feeling like something is going on at a much grander scale, and you are indirectly affecting it despite being just one person.

It appears that you are pretty much the only one who sees it like there aren't any hegemony elements at all. It looks to me like you are simply nitpicking to try to get under Archi's skin, when you are complaining about a game which you aren't even playing and which everyone else seems to enjoy.

2Xeo5.png

What Ross said.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

I beg to differ. It is not entirely hegemony, but a mix of the two. Sure, it may be more dungeoneering (I'd say it's a 75-25 mix), but that 25% hegemony really makes a difference. Decisions you make and actions you take clearly affect the nations you back and your future prospects. You get a real feeling like something is going on at a much grander scale, and you are indirectly affecting it despite being just one person.

It appears that you are pretty much the only one who sees it like there aren't any hegemony elements at all. It looks to me like you are simply nitpicking to try to get under Archi's skin, when you are complaining about a game which you aren't even playing and which everyone else seems to enjoy.

I would say its 95-5 because of the lack of any.... country running.

I'm arguing because it really hurts me to see beloved hegemony basterdized and basterdized repeatedly until it ceases to be hegemony and is just a name used to draw people in.

[Falador tavern]

Hey, it is possible to get quite influential. I mean I think atleast all of us has done something that has been global.

I invented a sniper rifle that killed a president, the Unity, mainly Retech, was practically the reason of the collapse of America.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Yeh, but thats an aspect of hegemony.

If an entity makes an action because of something you have done thats a dungeoneering.

If an entity makes an action of something you have commanded (but you also have the option to send thousands of men in) then its hegemony.

[Falador tavern]

This is completly stupid. Iconic is being a troll, he's spawned another thread that's USELESS, and is probably loving it.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]