How long will runescape last?

theunknown

I don't think that's really something to "worry about." If Runescape went under, I think we'd all find things to replace it with :) Don't get me wrong, RS is great, but if I had to pick between RS and, say, my mom's lasagna, my mom's cooking wins. Hands down :)

lpinkus

Take a look at what happens to other old MMORPGs, and you get a general idea of what would happen to Runescape. Lineage into Lineage II, Diablo into Diablo II, who-knows-how-many-versions of Everquest, etc. Heck, even Runescape had undergone one of these evolutions: Runescape Classic into Runescape II.

Before the full fading of RUnescape happens, JAGeX would've made another game, maybe not a "Runescape III", but something similar in genre. By how JAGeX is making money at this point, I would be suprised if they don't have the ability to make a better game right now if they want.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

me 2.

but Then this version should need to exist to.

some people like me pay their membership pro year. and If they should stop this version I actually loose that money, so it will be very hard to stop this and the loder version. or people should get thier money back because Jagex can't pay their servers for just 1 person if you know what I mean

Take a look at what happens to other old MMORPGs, and you get a general idea of what would happen to Runescape. Lineage into Lineage II, Diablo into Diablo II, who-knows-how-many-versions of Everquest, etc. Heck, even Runescape had undergone one of these evolutions: Runescape Classic into Runescape II.

Before the full fading of RUnescape happens, JAGeX would've made another game, maybe not a "Runescape III", but something similar in genre. By how JAGeX is making money at this point, I would be suprised if they don't have the ability to make a better game right now if they want.

Exactly... As Toxicologist points out, Jagex is now making money. They have the finances to make better looking games (RS2) and expand their corporation. There will be a time when Runescape will fade (not necessarily fall) but I don't think that Jagex will allow that to happen for quite some time as this game now attracts tens of thousands of players daily.

they are goin to have to do something drastic to the skills cuz zezima must be getting pretty bored, go to 100 or sumthing, but make it a HUGE jump to like 35 mil xp or sumthing, that is litrerally almost impossible to get to

I do hope they will allow account transfers if they make Runescape III. I doubt there would be a Runescape III though... JAGeX site states they are working on new MMORPGs, not another version of Runescape.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

I don't think that's really something to "worry about." If Runescape went under, I think we'd all find things to replace it with :) Don't get me wrong, RS is great, but if I had to pick between RS and, say, my mom's lasagna, my mom's cooking wins. Hands down :)

lpinkus

omg i love lasagne, your mom must be so cool 8)

CANE

Just to be different.

Think about it. A freaking Dragon Cane with a Dragonstone gem.

The spec will simply your character equiping a glove and beachslapping the enemy, who will break down and do the Cry emote for 10 seconds straight.