Penance Horn and Skilling.

Noxx

Taking a week or so break from Slayer after reaching 97 today. Want to do a bit of skilling. I was considering getting the Penance Horn to speed things up. I think my highest BA level is Collector lvl 2. I assume it won't take me that long to get to lvl 5? But is it worth using the Horn? I know it doubles the Exp you get so on buy-able skills it cuts your cost in half, but is the time saved by the double Exp going to make up for the time spent recharging the horn?

My main aim was to use it on FM to speed up the path to 92. I might also use it for Mining and Agility too at a later stage.

Also, how exactly does one charge it?

Edit: Forgot to ask, but what logs should i be burning? What is the most economical? I have 79k Maples in my bank that is enough for 99 (without the Horn) but i also burn every Yew and Magic log i get from tasks. I have 14.2m cahspile but i'm not to keep on handing out a lot of it one a skill like FM. I really just want to get an Inferno Adze at this stage.

New Question: Okay so i have decided to go with the Penance Horn seeing as B.A is actually turning out to be fun. Question is, is it better to play one entire round, then skill and repeat? Or should i fill the entire Horn (i think 10 Rounds?) and then skill?

Also does anyone know how long the Horn lasts?

I'm in the same boat as you. I think it's definitely worth it if you are able to get a decent team and charge it quite quickly. However if you REALLY hate firemaking (and agility) like I do, i'd be prepared to spend twice as long at BA to charge the horn, even if it is relatively in-efficient to do so (timewise).

As for logs, I'd guess you should use the horn on Magics. So the bonus XP is used up quicker saving you a lot of time spent firemaking. You would need to charge the horn I think twice on the way to 92, from 80 or so. But you'd save yourself around 10m gp or so. (If using magics)

But yeah, using the horn Magic logs become 2gp/xp and fast and inexpensive way to 92, (~8k logs from 80-92). Check Grimy's FM sheet for more accurate gp/xp and time figures.

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

In the wave 1 lobby look for people advertising a horn filling team. Involves repeating waves 1-5 or 1-6.

Also I'd get lvl 5 on at least two roles, to be flexible in case they already have your role. Defender/healer is always in demand, if you can stand it. You can easily get lvl 5 in all roles in about a day, even with the dumb BA world teams.

And it's worth it on all three skills, although less beneficial on mining. Personally I'd get FM up with maples, the difference with yews/eucalyptus is quite small, and

magic logs is just a waste of money.

2480+ total

Do waves 1-6, unlike getting honor points, horn filling doesn't depend on your performance and you get the same exp no matter the performance or wave. This means that your level in your role isn't very important. It is most efficient to fill the horn first then skill simply because you will be in the horn mindset and then in the skilling mindset and then be able to do each task more effectively.

If your income is high, the horn is definably worth it for firemaking. Magic logs are only slightly less economical then yew logs, however I did magic logs and BA horn for 70-80 because I prefer less clicking and wrist stress. If you have high income (at your slayer level I assume you do), then you will probably want to use magic logs.

As for mining, I suggest star mining, but the BA horn doesn't work with that so you might want to invest in a few SC pickaxes if you want to boost mining.

For agility I think it might be slightly faster to use the BA horn but it is so close that it really depends on if you prefer BA or running in circles. I prefer BA personally.

Edit: Check this out for more info about the most efficient firemaking.

Edit2: In response to highlanders, magic logs are only slightly more expensive at incomes less then 2000k/h and are actually more economical at incomes more then or equal to 3000k/h because during the time saved using magic logs a person could make more then if they had used yews to begin with. Maples are so slow that at higher incomes they are very inefficient to use.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.