Runescape in Ubuntu Linux?

Robert_R

So I've been trying to get it working. Very unsuccessfully. I've figured out why it won't work but I can't fix the problem. I know it is because the java you download in the software center is version 20. You need to update to version 23 which I'm guessing is a new release(?).I went to the java website and found the download. It has instructions on how to install it. I've tried following those instructions multiple times. No matter how I do it the java website tells me I'm still running the old version.

Has anyone figured out how to make it work?

By the way if this is in the wrong place sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

I find that this usually works. Make sure you've got the correct graphics drivers too.

I know it's been a while since I replied to this thread. I just wanted to say this worked and it's much easier than following the instructions on java's website. Thanks a lot.

I find that this usually works. Make sure you've got the correct graphics drivers too.

I know it's been a while since I replied to this thread. I just wanted to say this worked and it's much easier than following the instructions on java's website. Thanks a lot.

Oh yeah I tried the Java website instructions a long time ago and they're horrible. I never got any of it to work.

C2b6gs7.png