Ring of vigour (A Huge Mistake!)

Dire_Wolf

I bought ring of vigour because i had enough tokens left for it. I could have gotten Arcane stream necklace which is way better choice, but i thought "I don't use magic much, so i probably won't use it so much. I will melee more...".

Chosing the ring i made a mistake thinking it takes off 10% of special bar, a mistake mentioned at Runescape wiki site. But no, it reduces 10% of percentage of special bar, so if a weapon used 10% percentage to perform a special attack it would reduce it by 1%. But come to think of it, did i make a mistake or Jagex? Because what's point of a ring that takes 10% of special attack percentage? Really? What's the point of it?

I got scammed by Jagex, because it's common sense that 10% of special attack percentage is no good. Jagex needs to change this to what it really should do, which is 10% of special attack bar. The +3 strength is ok, but i got Berserker ring (I), which is +8.

A Dragon mace special attack uses 25%, if i have ring of vigour equipped, it will use only 22,5%. Is Jagex planning to release weapons that uses 2.5% special percentage, or does this ring need to be changed for what people believed it would do?

My suggestion:

Change the ring Jagex. Remove the +3 strength bonus, and make the ring reduce 10% of special bar.

Actually, you'd use 22.5% of your special bar. And never trust the KB. Use RSW, TipIt, or RHQ.

Here's some uses from RSW:

• While 10% special reduction is not enough to squeeze another special attack out of most special attack weapons, there are still a few weapons out there. Players are being seen using the Dragon Scimitar special attack, and their special energy will be increased from having 45% special energy left to 50% special energy left, they will then switch to another weapon such as Dragon Claws or an Armadyl Godsword, as previously they could only follow up with a Dragon Dagger special.

• A few known weapons that gain an additional special attack with the ring are: Dragon scimitar, Magic Shortbows, and Godbow can be used twice, and Statius Warhammers may be used three times without a recharge. Korasi's sword may be used seven times instead of six during the fight against the Pest queen.

Actually, you'd use 22.5% of your special bar. And never trust the KB. Use RSW, TipIt, or RHQ.

• While 10% special reduction is not enough to squeeze another special attack out of most special attack weapons, there are still a few weapons out there. Players are being seen using the Dragon Scimitar special attack, and their special energy will be increased from having 45% special energy left to 50% special energy left, they will then switch to another weapon such as Dragon Claws or an Armadyl Godsword, as previously they could only follow up with a Dragon Dagger special.

• A few known weapons that gain an additional special attack with the ring are: Dragon scimitar, Magic Shortbows, and Godbow can be used twice, and Statius Warhammers may be used three times without a recharge. Korasi's sword may be used seven times instead of six during the fight against the Pest queen.

I used Runescape wiki after i bought ring. I never looked at KB. And Runescape wiki states ring does not take of 10% of special bar, it takes of 10% percentage of a special attack percentage.

+ Math error fixed.

You made the mistake, not RS. Especially if you got the ring over Arcane Stream.

Essentially the ring saves 1 minute per full spec bar, it's also a good combo with spec restore potions. It's a good ring situationally, but imbued rings are usually better to use.

Since you already had a Berserker(i) ring, it's really your own fault for getting a lesser ring. It's good for those who do not want to spend the time doing something like MA.

btw...you say "reduce 10% of the special bar" in 2 different contexts.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

You made the mistake, not RS. Especially if you got the ring over Arcane Stream.

Essentially the ring saves 1 minute per full spec bar, it's also a good combo with spec restore potions. It's a good ring situationally, but imbued rings are usually better to use.

Since you already had a Berserker(i) ring, it's really your own fault for getting a lesser ring. It's good for those who do not want to spend the time doing something like MA.

btw...you say "reduce 10% of the special bar" in 2 different contexts.

Yes, i made a mistake. But i made a good judgment i wouldn't be using Arcane Stream. Why get a item if you won't be using it? And this ring should not be good only for those who do not want to spend the time doing something like MA. As long as you got what i meant with 10%, it does not matter to me if i said what i said in 2 different contexts.

I would not choose a ring that that i know i would not use, so i assumed that logically it must take off 10% of energy bar, like many others at first glance. Runescape wiki states that you can put this ring to good use with Leech special and Recover special, but i don't see how. Sacrificing Turmoil for Leech special?

It's not a good ring situationally, otherwise i would not be complaining now would i? In what situation is 2.5% special energy good? Answer that without mentioning Leech special or Recover special potion.

It's so sad that you settle for lesser, your the reason why there is things in Runescape that should be fixed, but have not. And if this ring should stay the same then Jagex should decrease the token price by 20,000 and refund everyone who got it by so much.

It's so sad that you settle for lesser, your the reason why there is things in Runescape that should be fixed, but have not. And if this ring should stay the same then Jagex should decrease the token price by 20,000 and refund everyone who got it by so much.

Woah woah woah...where the hell did this come from?

You bought the ring...not me. I don't settle for lesser, and never said that. Don't put words in my mouth.

The ring is situationally good to those who do not want to get Imbued rings and for those who enjoy rush pking. Other posts have already given you examples.

If you are neither of these, then it's your mistake for getting it. The ring is fine at it's token cost. It's not like 45k tokens takes long to get.

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

I used Runescape wiki after i bought ring. I never looked at KB. And Runescape wiki states ring does not take of 10% of special bar, it takes of 10% percentage of a special attack percentage.

+ Math error fixed.

Wait, I don't understand. The RS Wiki says that it uses 10% less of the special attack percentage, which is correct. Right?

"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."

-- Jack Handey

Cook_Me_Plox.png

You bought the ring...not me. I don't settle for lesser, and never said that. Don't put words in my mouth.

The ring is situationally good to those who do not want to get Imbued rings and for those who enjoy rush pking. Other posts have already given you examples.

If you are neither of these, then it's your mistake for getting it. The ring is fine at it's token cost. It's not like 45k tokens takes long to get.

You settle for lesser when you say the ring is situonally good. It's only good for PK-ers mostly, other than that it's bad. And even though you did not say directly what i said you said, you did indirectly. Now if the rings +3 strength bonus is removed and Ring removes always 10% of special bar, then it would be even better, for PK-ers and non-Pkers.

And that is, not settling for lesser. Besides once you get rank 300 in M.A, getting the reward credits for imbuing of a ring is VERY easy, specially compared to how bad tokens you get at lower Dungeoneering levels.

So yeah having the ring take off 10% of special bar benefits everyone and not just a group of players. If it does not do this, then it's not worth 50K tokens. It's worth around 20K...

You settle for lesser when you say the ring is situonally good. It's only good for PK-ers mostly, other than that it's bad. And even though you did not say directly what i said you said, you did indirectly. Now if the rings +3 strength bonus is removed and Ring removes always 10% of special bar, then it would be even better, for PK-ers and non-Pkers.

And that is, not settling for lesser. Besides once you get rank 300 in M.A, getting the reward credits for imbuing of a ring is VERY easy, specially compared to how bad tokens you get at lower Dungeoneering levels.

So yeah having the ring take off 10% of special bar benefits everyone and not just a group of players. If it does not do this, then it's not worth 50K tokens. It's worth around 20K...

You proved my point right there. Do you even know what situationally means?

Saying a ring has it's uses isn't settling for less. Settling for less would be if I actually got it, because I didn't want to pay the money/time for a better ring.

I also like your comment about how getting reward credits is easy after 300, then compare that to low level dungeoneering...but NOT compare it to high level dungeoneering.

It's been said many times already, and it'll be said again. You made the mistake, no one else. The ring is fine.

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

I made a mistake, but the ring's description is deceiveable. But the ring can be much better. You people are just blind to see that. If it's gonna be like this, i demand a refund of 30K tokens. Because it's not worth it...

Btw, i said "good" use, but the ring's use is small to be honest.

Don't you agree that a divine spirit shield would be better if they changed it to 100% damage reduction and no prayer loss?

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

it saves 10% of the spec bar, per spec bar.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png